PDA

View Full Version : Emag isnt working.

JEDARAPA2
04-29-2002, 03:56 PM
I just bought a emag, but it wont fire in either electro or hybrid modes. Batteries are fresh, and I'm running 18 volts, so I don't think thats the problem. When I turn it on, I can hear the solenoid clicking but it wont fire in those modes, unless its about 5 shots until the air runs out. I gotta play in 2 hrs, I wouild like to try something other than manual, please help quickly!

FrAuStY
04-29-2002, 04:55 PM
This may sound stupid but have you tried increasing the velocity? I don't see why it'd be shipped with the reg loosened all the way but who knows.. I don't knwo much about emags so I won't be of much help.

JEDARAPA2
04-29-2002, 05:02 PM
I got it used...I have yet to figure this thing out. I'll give that a try though...thanks!

BlackVCG
04-29-2002, 05:23 PM
My first thought was that you have the safety on, but since it fires in Mechanical mode the safety can't be on. Try this - Take off the left grip panel so you can see the solenoid and board. Boot up the gun. You should get a an AGD 1.XX message. Pull the trigger, do you see the solenoid plunger move? Is there a C-Clip on the solenoid plunger and does that hit the top of the solenoid when you pull the trigger?

If the solenoid is moving the full travel length and the gun isn't firing, you might have an out of adjustment solenoid plunger rod. Also, pull out the valve and pull out the on/off assembly (brass piece in the middle of the valve). At the bottom of the hole that the on/off assembly came out of, you should see a black o-ring. If you see a yellowish/clear o-ring and no black o-ring, then you need to replace it with the black quad o-ring. It's in the online store.

JEDARAPA2
04-30-2002, 10:09 AM
I have the quad black oring or whatever it is. I made a mistake above...I said i can hear the solenoid clicking, but what I'm hearing comes from the hall sensor. I really want to get this thing working electronicaly...its uncontrollable in manual mode.