PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide on a new gun/accessories

paint magnet
04-29-2002, 05:03 PM
Well, I've been saving up for a new gun for a while, and I'm almost there, so I thought it might be time to figure out what to get. I know this is a mag forum, so the answer might be slightly biased, but I appreciate any advice or suggestions. Okay, so here are the options:
(Total MUST be under $600 with nitro and a barrel, the cheaper the better)

GUNS:

AGD Automag Classic Standard Feed, hopper right w/ macroline bottomline kit

AGD Automag Classic Powerfeed, w/ macro bottomline kit

AGD Minimag powerfeed

AGD Minimag vert. feed

WGP 2002 right hand feed Autococker

WGP 2002 vert. feed Autococker

I am also open to suggestions

ACCESSORIES:
Classic Mags: ReTro valve, Dye double trigger .45 frame and sticky's, Shocktech long drop and an ASA, TKO drop and an ASA, Bob Long Lightning drop & an ASA, PB 6" d/f

Minimag: Dye double trigger .45 frame and sticky's, all the drops mentioned above, 32 degrees gas-through foregrip

Cockers: Dye double trigger frame, all the drops mentioned above, reg cover, Dye 3way, Dye Cocking block, WGP hinge trigger w/ flame trigger and Dye panel grips, Dye reg. knob

Please pick some accessories for the gun you think I should get.

HOPPERS:
VL Revvy 12v

Rickochet 2k

Halo

Warp Feed

BARRELS:

Dye Boomstick 12"

Dye SS 12"

Lapco Bigshot 12"

SP AA 2k2 12" and/or 16"tip

CP One Piece 12"

Powerlyte Speedline 12"

PACKS:
WSG Pillow pack 3/2

Dye Attack Pack 3/2

Redz Flex 4+1

Bluez (converable)

NITROGEN TANKS:

Crossfire preset 51/3k steel

Nitro Duck preset 47/3k Aluminum

ACI Bulldog II preset 48/3k Alum.

Please tell a little bit about why you chose each item. Thanks.

Krazy Ivan
04-29-2002, 05:22 PM
To be as non-biased I would choose the crossfire tank, they are awesome a buddy of mine has one, and well a little biased, if you have to keep it under 600 get the 68 classic with retro, if you can't afford a mini with retro.

You could always get a cocker, but then you can jump off a cliff too, just wouldn't recommend it :p

paint magnet
04-29-2002, 05:25 PM
lol I like my friend's cocker, but I've never shot a mag. BTW, does anyone know the lenth on the mini and the classic?

InfinatyBPS
04-29-2002, 05:38 PM
Here is one option that may work...
http://order.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/wg-order?unique=dcae7&catalog=actionvillage&et=3ccdd1ef&basket=5Ccfe188d80042453ccdc95c7cdccd1e188d8392ea0 40a1f32a3e9494592c5b75
If you can't see it, its,

2002 Vert Feed cocker
Clear Revvy
JT 2 Peice Barrel
PMI 3000psi 68ci Tank

It all comes out to about $588. And it seems like a nice set up to me, and if you ever want to you can always upgrade to your heart's desire.

paint magnet
04-30-2002, 02:46 PM
Oh, and add a Ronin Stealth 3/2 pack and an Impy to the list of possibilities.

magatron
04-30-2002, 02:55 PM
the mini. get it with a progressive barrel which are like 50bucks, like a tear drop w/out the funky looking porting, plus while i was getting my set-up, the guy told me that he's shot just about every barrel in the store, and for the price, that is the best barrel, he said his fav is the boomstick but if you looking to get it all under 600 you most likly shouldnt buy a 150 dollar barrel. keep in mind as well, i'm prity sure the dye 2x frames void the warrenty, but the i-frames would be a good choice.

were you on the kingman forums, with cocker killer under your name instead of spyder?

paint magnet
04-30-2002, 03:17 PM
I'm a member of the kingman, tippmann, AO, bladeforums, pbreview.com, and Spyderco forums, but I don't think I had cocker killer under my name. Anyway, I only posted there like 5 times.