PDA

View Full Version : Can foamies fit on a regular bolt?

mwlildude2222
04-29-2002, 06:11 PM
I was wondering if foamies can go on a regular bolt, the stock bolt, and if not, how do i help ball breakage, because it seems that i break a lot of balls fo osmer reason.

thecavemankevin
04-29-2002, 06:22 PM
i don't think a foamie will work, but you can always try jerry-rigging it by glueing one on.

As for chopping, tell us more about your set up. Is it extended or short bolt, and are short stroking the trigger? What kind of paint do you use?

Something else you might want to try is the bolt sanding trick. did you read the post that AGD posted a few weeks ago about it? It is where you sand/file smooth the edge of your bolt that hits the ball.

BlackVCG
04-29-2002, 08:54 PM
Putting a foamie on the stock bolt only increases its length and will cause feeding problems. Here's the thread about rounding the end of your bolt to reduce breakage.
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32839

rt pro's rule
04-29-2002, 09:35 PM
you can definitely put foamies on your mag, my friend has some for his rt, but you hafta buy the right kind. Go to skanline.com, and search for automag parts, they have em there, i think it cost 3$ or so for 4 foamies. Then just use some super-glue and put a fomie on the end of the bolt...they actually help out alot on the stock bolts, but if your using a venturi bolt, the ten holes more than cushion your ball...so replacement foamies for that bolt arent as needed.

obsolete898
04-29-2002, 09:50 PM
^^^^ Only if he has a fomie bolt.

BlackVCG
04-29-2002, 09:51 PM
Those foamies will only fit "Foamie bolts" If there's a hollow area at the front of the bolt or there's already a large black foamie in place, then it's a foamie bolt and can use the foamies. If it's the stock bolt with the center face flush with the outside casing of the bolt, then no you can not put foamies on it.

mwlildude2222
04-30-2002, 03:52 PM
Where do i buy foamie bolts?

thecavemankevin
04-30-2002, 05:56 PM
http://store.airgun.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=17&CATID=6&ObjectGroup_ID=8

the AGD store has them :)