PDA

View Full Version : Barrel "wiggles with each shot

JEDI
04-29-2002, 06:53 PM
I have a brand new rt pro and a brand new Boomstick. With every shot as I look down the barrel it shakes up and down slightly. I can wiggle the barrel a little while holding the gun. The boomstick has two O rings and the nubbin. It does seem like its tight. I know the Barrel is in right. How can I fix this?

hitech
04-29-2002, 07:14 PM
Remove the barrel o-rings, put something in the grove to space it out (tape is an idea) and put the o-rings back on. In the classic 'mag video Tom shows you what to do. I'm not sure if it's in the RT video.

blackmag3
04-29-2002, 07:39 PM
are you sure it isn't the kick of the mag making the barrel seem likes it's moving?

Omicron
04-29-2002, 08:52 PM
Try tightening the Barrel Twist Lock Assembly, its the pin that the groove in the barrel sits in.

RobAGD
04-29-2002, 10:18 PM
there is a tad bit of flutter between shots. It wont effect accuracy because the barrel isnt moving until after tha ball leaves the barrel.

If you want it a tad tighter double up one of the orings ( using atotal of 3 ) on the barrel.

DOnt tighten the twist lock

-Robert

Rooster
04-30-2002, 07:19 AM
I didn't have extra o ring so i took the oring off, put one wrap around the groove with teflon tape, then put the o ring back on.

JEDI
05-01-2002, 08:57 AM
Thanks guys, I'll try the extra O ring or teflon tape thing. Which ring would you double/build up? Breech end or end closer to outside of the mag