PDA

View Full Version : Jersey paintballers

FreshmanBob
04-29-2002, 07:41 PM
any paintballers from jersey out there?

MantisMag
04-29-2002, 10:29 PM
yeah lots. where are you? where do you play?

FreshmanBob
04-30-2002, 06:37 AM
i'm in bernardsville, sorta central jersey
I usually play outlaw with some friends from school but occasionally i go up to ABC paintball, just got my license so my paintballing range has increased

Mango
04-30-2002, 08:20 AM
Hey welcome fellow Jersian!! There are LOTS of NJ AOer's. We meet up all the time at Top Gun, Fireball Mountain in North Hanover, and On Target Paintball Games (recently discovered it).

PsychoMag
04-30-2002, 08:27 AM
Hey and welcome.

We are South/Central players.

My team plays from Del Hobbies to OnTarget. and everywhere in between. Central jersey? you can go to ABC, Pinelands, OTP, Fireball, and TopGun...maybe more. I used to play renegade til I got my guns taken away by those darn coppers :)

spacemanspiff
04-30-2002, 08:39 AM
Hey guys I'm from jersey too. Garden state in the house:p
I play with that mango character.....lol punk gave up his e-mag for an angel :p Its all good though.
Bernardville aint that far from me actually my uncle live in bernardsville well actually Far Hills but there right next door to each other. Anyway welcome to the party.

ramsee1
04-30-2002, 09:59 AM
They're all around... North Jersey here. Going to Skirmish in PA this summer. Wooooo woooo

Blazingace
04-30-2002, 10:04 AM
Central Jersey.

I live in Pennington, but I hang in Hamilton alot. My Brothers, Girlfriend and I play Rec ball in my back yard. I work weekends so I don't have an opportunity to play with the other AOers. I really want to meet them though.

Mango
04-30-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Blazingace

I really want to meet them though.

You dont want to meet them, they scare me. Especially that Tunaman character! :D

Kaiser Bob
04-30-2002, 11:19 AM
Jersey here too. At the moment im in the M&M capital of the world! :D Just look on the back of an M&M/Mars wrapper if you dont know.

Dayspring
04-30-2002, 12:15 PM
My team is based in Central Jersey as well. we usually play at one of our members' house. Lots of prooperty, a river and lots of trees.

theraidenproject
04-30-2002, 01:08 PM
I'm from New Jersey. I play mainly at Top Gun, though a guy in my friend's town is opening a private field this summer. Paint will be $50-60 and hopefully, the place won't suck. I don't have a team, because I havn't really been playing that long (since summer 2k1), but I'll hopefully join or make one when I get better, and can commit more time and money on the weekends.

ChromeMag
04-30-2002, 02:57 PM
I play at On-Target in Pemberton. I will be playing there this Sunday, May 5th,. If any AO members will be there respond and maybe we can meet in person on Sunday. I have a chrome Mag with Skull grips.
:)

bond1313
04-30-2002, 03:08 PM
Welcome, ChromeMag about 7 or 8 of us AOers will be there, PsychoMag and his team and thordic and his team.

bofh
04-30-2002, 03:21 PM
All these people from Jersey and not one person has mentioned their Exit Number? :)

Seriously, Lots of people play in NJ. And a few good fields too.

Oh, and I'm exit 9 on the Turnpike.

Medusa RTD
04-30-2002, 03:24 PM
I'm in north Jersey.
Kaiser Bob, your in Hackettstown? I live right near there.

oldsoldier
04-30-2002, 06:15 PM
Stationed in Nj for the near future...Ft Monmouth. Play at Top Gun...wanna give Fireball Mountain a try though

Kaiser Bob
04-30-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Medusa RTD
I'm in north Jersey.
Kaiser Bob, your in Hackettstown? I live right near there.

Yep, ill be here for a while. What town do you live in?

theraidenproject
04-30-2002, 06:51 PM
We should get together another AO mega meet. At Top Gun, of course.
btw, FBM is ok. I've been to a few fields in the central/northern NJ area, and you go to the best IMHO. Those BYOP Sundays are looking pretty appealing, though.

FreshmanBob
04-30-2002, 07:08 PM
ya i hear top guns pretty nice but i haven't been down there

I know a couple of people from the palmer owners group in jersey too

we should all go to top gun sometime (ABC blows)

I have a micromag with lapco barrel an apoc 45/45 tank
also a palmer houndstooth (pump)

nuggy43
04-30-2002, 07:14 PM
from nj too. I usally play at On Target Paintball and sometimes at Roughneck. I just played at roughneck field and it kinda sucks.

bond1313
04-30-2002, 07:29 PM
Nuggy where you from in berlin, I leave in west berlin near home depot.

Siayajin
04-30-2002, 09:22 PM
Not from Jersey, but I spend most of my playing time there.

My team's home field is Top Gun.

rpm07
04-30-2002, 09:31 PM
From Parsippany North Jersey
and ABC does suck

ramsee1
04-30-2002, 10:30 PM
Down with ABC! I dislike the store/field owner very much.

FreshmanBob
05-01-2002, 06:47 AM
i could care less about leo, the feilds at ABC just blow

only good thing is its BYOP

ChromeMag
05-01-2002, 07:16 AM
Bond1313, PsychoMag, and Thordic I look forward to meeting fellow AOers. I'll see you on Sunday.

bond1313
05-01-2002, 07:34 AM
Ilook forward to meeting you. Me and Psycho have awarped emags, one chrome one blue. I do not think thordic and his team are coming now because its going to be very crowded and OTPU people have first dibs at playing, lucky us.

Thordic
05-01-2002, 07:52 AM
Leo and his overpriced store suck so bad. Every time I go there, Leo's son fills my 3K tank to over 4K. Idiot...

Anyway, I'm in Cedar Grove (Exit 16W on the turnpike, 154(S) or 153 (N) on the Parkway. For you south Jersey people, yes, the parkway DOES go that high, and higher <G>)

My team is me, SprayingMango, Spacemanspiff, Riotz, and JohnBMX. Riotz didn't post here because he's still banned by Rob <G> and John doesn't check the site so much.

Anyway, we mostly play at TG because Ray and Glenn rule and run a great field. Plus, most of the guys there are great (Boondock Saints are great guys, the refs are all awesome, etc).

We should definitely do another AO meet this summer sometime at Top Gun. Hopefully more people show up this time :)

theraidenproject
05-01-2002, 10:01 AM
I remember that Jon said he's coming back in September, so we sould definetly have one then.

Mango
05-01-2002, 10:11 AM
Sept. is too far!! We must have one in like, May or June or something. We'll have to see if we can plan something.

Thordic
05-01-2002, 10:17 AM
Yeah, I was thinking June, or July at the latest.

I'll be in Italy in early June, so no planning it then :)

Medusa RTD
05-01-2002, 11:43 AM
Kaiser Bob
I'm in Budd Lake, right next to Hackettstown.

ramsee1
05-01-2002, 12:19 PM
You guys must go to paintball depot... German lady rules! :D

Thordic
05-01-2002, 01:57 PM
Paintball Depot = Overpriced.

Top Gun is already expensive, and it has amazing staff and fields. Paintball Depot is at more expensive, and from what I hear, isn't as good.

Medusa RTD
05-01-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Thordic
Paintball Depot = Overpriced.

Top Gun is already expensive, and it has amazing staff and fields. Paintball Depot is at more expensive, and from what I hear, isn't as good.

Thordic is totaly right. Their hight priced and the feild isn't too great.

ramsee1
05-01-2002, 02:10 PM
My bad, I meant the store not the field. :eek:

Thordic
05-01-2002, 02:25 PM
Ehh, I order/trade most of the stuff I need online. For little things (springs, screws, air fills) I go to ABC. I hate Leo as much as anyone else, but its the only store within a reasonable distance that has stuff. The only thing I give Leo credit for is having just about everything you need. He has parts for just about every gun I've ever heard of. Of course, his bad service and high prices kinda make you not want to shop there :)

The best shop in NJ is Paintballistix. Mel is the man. He has good stock, good prices, and his staff is pretty cool. The only problem is the store's location kinda blows (Newark Ave in Jersey City. Can you say no parking?) and he has odd hours, so it seems. Half the times I've gone there the shop was closed. But he does have a great store, and I'd definitely reccomend him.

For fields, I've never seen anyplace thats on par with Top Gun. Ray knows what he is doing, and Glenn is cool. His refs are really cool too, and they actually know the sport for the most part, at least moreso than some refs I've seen.

I'll give Skirmish credit where credit is due, though. For RecBall, they have some of the best fields there are. FBM in North Hanover(I think, the south jersey field) comes in second for pure recball.

Why am I ranting about this? I don't know. Top Gun all the way! Down with Leo! Down with overpriced crappy fields! Down with Leo! I know I said that twice, hes that bad.

spliff
05-01-2002, 05:53 PM
i'm loacated in somerville, nj. That is in central jersey. I mainly play at top gun, i agree that Top gun is the best field around. This sunday though, my team is headed out to FBM old brigde for practice.

Archangel Kid
05-01-2002, 07:38 PM
I'M A NEW JERSIAN HEHE I FEEL SPECIAL... sorry just a little hyper tonight. Anyway i'll be up wit psychomag and bond1313 and who ever else... i'll prolly be the fattest short kid there besides the owners son :) hehe sorry popped out BUT HE IS REALLY KEWL. *sniff* *sniff* i smell a brown noser. HAHAHAHA ok.. i'll come down and end this right...............HERE.

theraidenproject
05-01-2002, 09:18 PM
Why does everyone hate Leo and ABC? I've never been there or met him, so I'm just wondering.

Kaiser Bob
05-01-2002, 11:17 PM
Well, ABC paintball's prices are a little high for one. And many people have had bad interactions with Leo, the owner. I talked to him once and he was nice to me, but I was wearing a suit and came in with an emag so i guess it he might have thought i would spend a lot of money there. The people behind the counter besides the guy that runs the store are kinda jerks, so i can see how people would not have good experiences there.

Blazingace
05-01-2002, 11:30 PM
You guys want to talk about a good store, you have to talk about Hector's Outdoor Haven. He has a great selection a ton of parts and Hector is the undisputed master of paintball. He know things that God has to ask Tom about. (Didn't you know that God shoots a pearl white Extreme Emag w/ a Warp and of course a Halo):D Also if there is going to be a Jersey Mega Meet please give me advanced warning so I can try to get off from work on a Sat. or Sun. Thank you.

angelbeast24
10-25-2003, 12:08 PM
im in washington nj (north jersey) we have our own field that we play at

1stdeadeye
10-25-2003, 04:32 PM
South Jersey here between exits 2 and 3.

We are playing tomorrow at On Target Paintball. Anyone who can, come on down!

I live 5 minutes from National Paintball Supply! Great prices and fresh paint always!!:D I know Gino can be a prick, but his people treat me awesomely!

Ariestsheft
10-25-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Kaiser Bob
Jersey here too. At the moment im in the M&M capital of the world! :D Just look on the back of an M&M/Mars wrapper if you dont know.

Hackettstown eh? My high school just beat the tigers 55 to 20something. Small world indeed.

1ofkind
10-25-2003, 07:48 PM
Woa lotz of jerZ peeps, I'm susprised still!

I'm from clifton, I'm pretty much litterly the olny serruois paintball player from the passic area, everyone else is a crack head, or spent all there money on clothes, girls brag all the time about there 300$ purses, and 80$ belts Guys just buy stupid hats and pants, woaa exciteing, I know... We'll its great being original!:D

angelbeast24
10-25-2003, 09:48 PM
kaiser if u live in hacketown we should get 2gether and play one do i live like 5 mins from u and maybe u kno a kid on my team he goes to htown high pm me

*ArKfEaR*
10-25-2003, 11:33 PM
Right herrr sucka.

Kaiser Bob
10-25-2003, 11:40 PM
I dont live in hackettstown anymore, im in new brunswick now, I frequent Rexplex most of the time during the cold weather...

*ArKfEaR*
10-26-2003, 01:03 AM
ABC is crap, I only go there when we have extra tourney paint.
Its usually a boner fest because everyone is crap and there is no competition. Its booring being able to take out a whole team with two of your teammates. Not to mention the 30 vs 30 games somtimes gets annoying.

Paintball Depot has now gotten booring.
I use to go there alot because of discounts (friends with people that work there plus my teammate use to work there so he knows everyone). Woods gets really booring and the walk-ons are no fun anymore. Only times I play there is when we practice with the Jesters (not to mention how crappy the one speedball field has gotten). Along with how the owner is a butthead.

Never really go to Knightbreed or Fireball Mountain, maybe once or twice.

Rexplex is fun for winter indoor. Pretty expensive, but if you want to get in some practice 3-mans for supair its a good place. Plus BYOP, but it evens out with the $50 entry fee.

EMR Paintball is where its at now.
My teammate is friends with Jim who runs the joint so hopefully the more we go eventually we might get some discounts. We are starting to practice there alot because good teams go and the Sup'air is pretty decent.

Top Gun has awesome fields but is way too overpriced.
Only time we go to Topgun is for tourneys.

Also, Team Nuclear Medicine will be at Global (big skirmish tourney, in a month)... if your going guess ill see you there.

:D

PS: Did a little fun review like everyone else.

Woogie12
10-26-2003, 08:40 AM
I'm in jersey too. Near cherry hill. I mostly play at manhunt in atco but today I'm going to del hobbie's. Good to see some fellow jersey AO'ers.

wobbles82
10-26-2003, 08:39 PM
South Jersey baby, haha. Del Hobbies is definately thee place to play, practice, and have fun and hang around down in these parts. Played at Top Gun once..meh, didnt have a good experience. Reffed at On Target, not too shabby, played at Invasion, its ok. I say DHP all the way, and NJ all the way, w007.

Kaiser Bob
10-27-2003, 08:46 AM
Went to Paintball Invasion yesterday, meh. I was a little thrown off by the total lack of safty protocol there, some guy got shot out then stood by the sidelines (no netting) and took his mask off to watch the game. The pro shop area with the couches and stuff was pretty cool, and i didnt get to see what the indoor field looked like because of private parties, so finished off the night at Rexplex, my field of choice. Planning on hitting DHP while the weather is above freezing, but you south nj people are kinda scary :)

Hammersmith
10-27-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by *ArKfEaR*
Its usually a boner fest because everyone is crap and there is no competition. Its booring being able to take out a whole team with two of your teammates. Not to mention the 30 vs 30 games somtimes gets annoying.

I use to go there alot because of discounts (friends with people that work there plus my teammate use to work there so he knows everyone). Woods gets really booring and the walk-ons are no fun anymore. Only times I play there is when we practice with the Jesters (not to mention how crappy the one speedball field has gotten). Along with how the owner is a butthead.

Rexplex is fun for winter indoor. Pretty expensive, but if you want to get in some practice 3-mans for supair its a good place. Plus BYOP, but it evens out with the $50 entry fee.

My teammate is friends with Jim who runs the joint so hopefully the more we go eventually we might get some discounts. We are starting to practice there alot because good teams go and the Sup'air is pretty decent.

Also, Team Nuclear Medicine will be at Global (big skirmish tourney, in a month)... if your going guess ill see you there.

Ummm I think that you mean ET Paintball not EMR, although EMR is a great place.

By the way this is Jim, Old School Jersey all the way!

jim@etpaintball.com

Big'n slo
10-28-2003, 09:37 AM
Eh, guess I'll reply too.
South Jersey, Ewan to be exact. Usually seen with 1DE wherever they decide to play. Next time y'all play at DHP give us a shout, we're only minutes away :p

Wc Keep
10-28-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by *ArKfEaR*

what division are you guys going to be playing at global?

LCD Front
10-28-2003, 06:56 PM
hey fellow jersey players. i'm from long valley. 10-15 minutes from hackettstown, 30-40 from Morristown. I play at Paintball Depot...because i work there. i see most of you aren't too fond of the place, but i can see where you're coming from. but to let you know, myself and a few of the other new refs are really working our asses off to try and change some stuff and get the better players back to the field. We're working on fixing speedball back to a legitimate condition and we're getting the boss to give us the funding for a new airball field and we're fixing up the woodsball fields. i'll admit, if i had known about ET paintball being so close before i started working at depot, i'd have tried to get a job there(half the distance, and that makes a difference..i wouldnt have to get up at 6 to get to work)...oh well. let me just say, depot's getting better, a little bit at a time, and some of you may appreciate that subway now sells sandwiches there too! at least I'm pleased with that. if there's gonna be a big jersey bash, let me know...i'm in. might i recommend ET or FBM?

p8ntball1016
10-28-2003, 07:10 PM
another from bridgewater over here.

Hammersmith
10-28-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by LCD Front
hey fellow jersey players. i'm from long valley. 10-15 minutes from hackettstown, 30-40 from Morristown. I play at Paintball Depot...because i work there. i see most of you aren't too fond of the place, but i can see where you're coming from. but to let you know, myself and a few of the other new refs are really working our asses off to try and change some stuff and get the better players back to the field. We're working on fixing speedball back to a legitimate condition and we're getting the boss to give us the funding for a new airball field and we're fixing up the woodsball fields. i'll admit, if i had known about ET paintball being so close before i started working at depot, i'd have tried to get a job there(half the distance, and that makes a difference..i wouldnt have to get up at 6 to get to work)...oh well. let me just say, depot's getting better, a little bit at a time, and some of you may appreciate that subway now sells sandwiches there too! at least I'm pleased with that. if there's gonna be a big jersey bash, let me know...i'm in. might i recommend ET or FBM?

Thanks for the props. ET Paintball always willing to accomodate all of your bunkering needs :)

jim@etpaintball.com

LCD Front
10-29-2003, 03:08 PM
no need to thank me. thank YOU, for making a better field than dave.

Hammersmith
10-29-2003, 03:35 PM
Well hopefully we'll see you up there sometime. Perhaps on Sunday for the Charity game? Hint Hint!

Rmarks
10-29-2003, 04:53 PM
I'm from Long Valley. I used to play at Depot pretty regularly. But I hated driving 45 minutes each way. The last couple times I've played at ET because Jim and his crew are top notch and the airball field is extra nice.

Hammersmith
10-30-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Rmarks
I'm from Long Valley. I used to play at Depot pretty regularly. But I hated driving 45 minutes each way. The last couple times I've played at ET because Jim and his crew are top notch and the airball field is extra nice.

Rmarks! You I expect to see on Sunday! You owe me one you drunk bastard. :)

LCD Front
10-30-2003, 08:03 AM
i wish I could make it to the charity game on Sunday, but my 3 man young guns team is playing a 16 and under tourney down at Manhunt Games in Atco, NJ. so is Jesters Kids. should be a good game, but i didnt want to have to miss the charity game. btw, anybody know of anybody who can do work on an angel lcd and get the velocity back up? i've tried everything i can think of, but im not going to take the gun apart... if anyone has any info, feel free to PM or email me or whatever. thanks, and good luck, Jim, with the charity event. i hope that goes very well.

Dayspring
10-30-2003, 10:55 AM
Where are you located in NJ?

Hammersmith
10-30-2003, 11:04 AM
Not sure who you're asking. I'm in Byram (Sussex County) and I believe that LCD is Long Valley.

Woogie12
10-30-2003, 07:45 PM
Hey LCD, what team are you in the tourney? I'm playing in it too. Manhunt Ballaz.

LCD Front
10-30-2003, 10:32 PM
we're yellow five. we haven't paid yet, tho. my parents are lazy. looks like its shaping up to be a good tourney, as long as the field and reffing is good.

LCD Front
11-01-2003, 05:16 PM
well. this blows...that 16 and under tourney filled up an hour before we registered, so it looks like i WILL be able to make it to the charity event. do we need to register beforehand? i think i might be too late, if thats the case... jim, if you read this, email me as soon as u can whether 3 more can make it or not. im not sure what your policy is on this, and for some reason your url isn't working on my server.

Bigzamboni
11-02-2003, 01:03 PM
I'm in Northern New Jersey. Rockaway, exit 35 off route 80.

I haven't played in NJ since the AODay NJ 3. Anyone know of any places that have BYOP other than Shooters' PB at Rexplex?

p8ntball1016
11-03-2003, 05:47 PM
fireball mtn is byop on sundays

Hammersmith
11-04-2003, 12:43 AM
LCD....Thanks for coming out on Sunday. Hopefully you guys had a good time. We were able to raise almost $4000.00 in cash to donate to the Red Cross and every player helped.

Thanks

jim@etpaintball.com

LCD Front
11-04-2003, 03:00 PM
hey, jim. had a blast! that really was a great day for everyone. airball rocked. thanks for hosting a great event and kudos to the staff who made it all worthwhile.

anybody know the website for Fallen Angels young guns girls team sponsored by WGP? trying to get the two still in-state to come play with my team a bit, but cant get a hold of them...

FreakBaller12
11-06-2003, 12:10 PM
i live in hackettstown and i usually play speedball and me n my friends r building a field as we speak
i am headign up to abc durign the winter to meet up with njpaint

Taco
11-08-2003, 09:06 PM
eatontown in monmouth county

PCI2000
11-13-2003, 11:57 AM
Whippany, NJ here. Near Morristown.

Normally play at Paintball Depot. Played at Top Gun several times and loved it.
Don;t get me wrong, I do like Depot, but once Depot fixes their speedball field (too marshy), and gets groups out _BEFORE_ 10 AM, it will be a lot better.

Playing next weekend (hopefully) with a private group over at ET Paintball. And I only say hopefully because I am getting my gun fixed and my tank re-hydroed and am waiting for them to come back.

Hey Hammersmith, after we play at ET, can we run into Wild West City next door and do gunslinger fights in the middle of town?:D
We talked about that at work and knew it would be hilarious if we could hide in the buildings and had real shootouts like they do when it's open. But I am guessing that would not be possible. Oh well.

Jim

Hammersmith
11-14-2003, 07:14 PM
As much as I would love to say yes.......the answer is no f'n way!!! :)

PCI2000
11-16-2003, 07:42 PM
Yeah I know. Believe us that we would never do that. It's just some funny fantasy that we thought about when we read your directions to your paintball park and we found out what was next door...

p8ntball1016
11-17-2003, 06:52 PM
i want to play at my school. 10 buildings and lots of cover, especially in the library and locker rooms.

heres a reference
http://www.brrsd.k12.nj.us/brhs/school-map.html

p8ntball1016
11-23-2003, 10:31 AM
ok im kicking this