PDA

View Full Version : My Minimag came from PBgear.com....

FordPrefect
04-29-2002, 08:29 PM
And it is el screwed-up-o. When I screw in the Co2(because I can't afford Nitro, just check the sig), it either
A. Vents gas out of the vert adapter, or
B. It seals, then I can shoot it for about 2 sec. After that, it goes back to A.

Now, this is my second Minimag that I've had that doesn't work(the first was used), and I'm getting discouraged.:(

EDIT I forgot to say that it happened with numerous tank o-rings, two different tanks, and the tanks also work on my other gun(not a AGD gun tho:( ).

Top Secret
04-29-2002, 08:57 PM
That's not making me feel good, I just ordered a Minimag from them too.

FordPrefect
04-29-2002, 09:03 PM
Scary, isn't it? ;)

Blazingace
04-29-2002, 09:17 PM
Strange?????? It vents out past the o-ring on the tank? If it does then try oiling or using light grease on the o-ring. If that doesn't work then try to place an extra tank o-ring in the vert adaptor with a little oil on it and then try screwing the tank on. If that doesn't work I don't know. Try that though.

free_punk
04-29-2002, 09:28 PM
My friend ordered his gun from PBgear too and it was also leaking. We figured out it was leaking through the hose on the side of the gun. We replaced the hose with macroline and it worked just fine. I'd try that before sending it back.
Hope this helps.

ramsee1
04-29-2002, 09:54 PM
I'm no expert but I am going with the o-rings are freezing and the air is escaping. I know it can be tough on the wallet at first, but nitro is the way to go.
When I first got my mag it was leaking out the v.a. but it wound up being a chipped thread in the gas through and the air was escaping. Try taking a look and make sure everything (o-rings, threads, etc) are all up to par.

minimag187
04-30-2002, 08:31 AM
I orded a minimag from them and it works great, dunno why yours is having problems.

personman
04-30-2002, 01:09 PM
My mag is from them and Its sweet.
Try taking the fitting out and relocktiteing it. They might have not had it on good.

FordPrefect
04-30-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by personman
My mag is from them and Its sweet.
Try taking the fitting out and relocktiteing it. They might have not had it on good.

I don't know what fitting you are talking about, but the air is coming out of the vertical adapter. I tried dropping in an o-ring, and it worked. I shot it about 70 times, then went inside, to take a break. When I went out again, the tank turned out that it was about empty. So I switched to a full tank, and then it vented again, even with an o-ring dropped in.

FreshmanBob
04-30-2002, 04:07 PM
you sure your not using siphon tanks?

is it leaking out of where the tank is screwed in or the fitting on the side of the vertical asa that goes to the valve?

FrAuStY
04-30-2002, 04:42 PM
sounds to me like the o-ring on your tank isn't making it past the hole in the Vert thats there to relieve pressure when removing a tank. Is the tank screwed all the way in when this leaking happens? Are you holding down the Trigger when you gas up the gun? Try that. It may be since you don't have the valve inside the gun open to take in that first burst of co2, it just vents it out since the pin on the tank is depressed already. I bought my TKO mag from PBgear.net about a year ago.. I never had any problem, except the shipping notification @#%^#$^ thats another story.

paint magnet
04-30-2002, 04:51 PM
If it's leaking out the ASA, you can use teflon tape or get a new tank or ASA...

FordPrefect
04-30-2002, 05:01 PM
Freshmanbob- No, it isn't a siphon tank. It is leaking out of where the tank screws into, the ASA(or in this case the VA). And it is leaking out the threads of the VA, so it shoots at me.

Fausty- On a Minimag VA, there isn't that hole that is ussually there. I am not holding down the trigger, but the trigger rod is back when I first screw in the tank. But I don't think that your theroy would work, because the 'gun will shoot, but it just leaks really bad out of the VA, wasting gas and making the tank cold.

Paintmagnet- Do you mean teflon on the tank threads? I haven't tried that, but the tank works on my other, non-AGD gun. So I don't think that it is the tank.

I also don't think that it is the VA, because I put on a bottom line and X chamber on the marker, and it leaked out of the bottom line ASA. So I have no idea what is going on, execpt that I don't like it:(

Brian68mag
05-01-2002, 01:23 PM
get nitro man, its a whole new gun with it, if u cant afford nitro then your mag wont work properly,
www.paintballwizard.com
get a Nitro duck, great prices, great tanks, i got my 90ci 4500 for $209 and my conistancy is +-2 at the worst and i get about 1500 shots outta it

Brian68mag
05-01-2002, 01:26 PM
the link for the 68 3000 tank for $130 is
http://www.paintballwizard.com/cgi-bin/VirtualCatalog3/CatalogMgr.pl?cartID=b-5861&SearchField=partnumber&SearchFor=10729&template=Htx/sample2.htx

you will get tuffskin aswell, my whole team is ordering tanks from these guys, great deal

krafty
05-01-2002, 01:57 PM
When you screw in, then unscrew the tank, are there any cuts, nicks, or slices in the o-ring on the tank? If so, check the threads in the ASA for burrs or uneven spots. If not, make sure you're using tank o-rings that are thick enough to seal in the ASA. Put a drop of oil on your finger, and oil the o-ring to make sure it's sealing properly. Also make sure you're screwing the tank all the way in.

Are you tipping the gun downwards when you're screwing in the tank? It almost sounds like you may be freezing the o-ring as you screw in the tank, causing it to leak.

FordPrefect
05-01-2002, 09:01 PM
Krafty, no, the o-ring seems to be fine when I screw it back out.

I think that it might be the tank now, because it has a couple dents on the top, and the could be it. Maybe..:confused:

Blazingace
05-02-2002, 12:20 AM
If the dents are just above the o-ring in the seating surface that might do it. I had a screwy tank with a dent above the o-ring and I had to be very careful when I screwed it in. I had to screw it all the way in and then unscrew it half a turn. I was using it on a VM-68 but the adaptors are the same thing. Try your friends tank out, with the extra o-ring if you have to. I really think it might be your tank now also. You can usually get a new valve on the tank for like 8 bucks. So try a new tank or valve.

krafty
05-02-2002, 11:29 AM
If nothing else, I've got an extra ASA or 2 lying around. If the tank thing doesn't work, maybe I can send you one to try.

than205
05-02-2002, 12:15 PM
I was thinking it was your bottle. (I have a similar problem with my old 20 oz) What's been suggested to is to not only have fresh oiled o-ring on the bottle but also to put an o-ring all the way up inside the ASA. My teammates have done this in the past with success.

Polishpickles451
05-04-2002, 11:46 AM
I ordered a minimag from PBgear about 5 months ago and they sent my a 68 powerfeed Classic with the RT stock barrel. Works great, so i'm happy, but be very careful about ordering from PBgear.com.