PDA

View Full Version : two simple questions.

RTPro M4H
04-29-2002, 09:11 PM
1)Which of these two barrels do you perfer for an RT Pro?
a) Dye Boomstick
b) Lapco Bigshot
*feel free to post explanations*

2)What size + pressure nitro tank would you use on an RT?
*feel free to post explanations*

M4H

TheTramp
04-29-2002, 09:18 PM
No one here can tell you what you should do. All they can tell you is what they've done that did or didn't work for them.

So:

1)I wouldn't choose either of those barrels unless it really fit the paint I normaly used. If you are going to spend over $100 on a barrel you should think about the fact that you can get at least two different bore sizes of CP barrels for the same price. Or save a little more and get a freak kit which will fit any paint.

2) I have used: 68ci 3000psi stub (nice tight fit, inexpensive, a little heavy), 88ci 3000psi (too long but a nice amount of air), 88ci 4500psi stub (a great tank, lots of air, as short as a 68 and only a little wider)

I'm a back player so tank size isn't as important to me. You didn't tell us what you play so it's difficult to give suggestions.

Telefragged
04-29-2002, 09:21 PM
1. Lapco
Lapco Barrels are cheap, light, efficient, accurate with most paint, and easy to clean. At $120 for a single Dye, you could buy 2 Lapcos in different bore sizes to match paint, a Bigshot, and an Autospirit. Lapco barrels shoot like the best, even with just an "ok" paint/barrel match, and while a bit loud, are much better in terms of bang-for-your-buck.

2. Either 1 68/4.5K or an 88/3K tank, preferably.
Both tanks will get a comparable shotcount (the 4500 will get ~200 more) but will supply plenty of air. I like the 3K route, because most places will be able to fill to 3K. I'm getting a 68/3K Flatline, simply because an adjustable 68/4.5K tank is too expensive, and AGD doesn't make Flatlines with 88ci bottles (hint, hint).

RTPro M4H
04-29-2002, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the input,

I just upgraded from a spyder shutter to an RT Pro (w00t)
and because I just started playing paintball a short time ago I am not that familar with the best nitro tanks for my gun. I do know one thing though, NEVER RUN CO2 in my RT!
So if I were looking to spend around $250 what would be a good tank to purchase?

M4H

theraidenproject
04-29-2002, 10:20 PM
adjustables are best for RTs, so you might want to look @ a 68/3k flatline. They have a great rep around here (I don't think I've ever shot one, but I'd buy one in a second). Plus you get the best customer service in the industry.

Tyril
04-30-2002, 06:03 AM
Hmmm... personally, I would say that the boomstick, other than its damn nifty name, and Army of Darkness reference (This... is my boomstick! ), is too overpriced to buy retail. If you can find a good deal on a used one, go for it, but I would rather get both a bigshot, for medium, and an autospirit, for small.

Ramblings of the pre-school dawn.

-Mike

RTPro M4H
04-30-2002, 06:22 AM
Lots of good input here, thank you again.

M4H