PDA

View Full Version : PT Extremes

Psychedelic
04-30-2002, 08:47 AM
I am considering buying a PT extreme and I am wondering if it is possible to adjust them to run on HPA instead of CO2?

the JoKeR
04-30-2002, 09:38 AM
Yes, you can get a vertical ASA adapter made for a spyder and then use HPA on a bottomline or remote. It won't help the typical velocity problems the PTExtremes are known for, though.

paint magnet
04-30-2002, 03:05 PM
Don't ever make the mistake of buying one. I had one and put a bottomline on it and ran it off CO2, and I had to use pliers to unstick the bolt after 5 shots. And, the first game I played it shot 290, the next time I chronoed it was 240 max, with a full tank and the same weather.

Krazy Ivan
04-30-2002, 03:24 PM
If you want a sidearm, or rather a RELIABLE sidearm, I would go with the PGP. It might be a pump but still it won't break on you and is made much more like a mag in respect to durability.

I have talked to a lot of people who have sidearms, and all of them had stories of people with PT enforcers/extremes and them messing up. Some of thier stories were from personal experience too.

the JoKeR
04-30-2002, 03:41 PM
Well, I own a PTX, and although it's a piece of junk as far as quality, it's still one of the most fun guns I've owned (after I had a rig made to hold a 45 round hopper). I'd NEVER rely on one for a primary gun, and I'd NEVER recommend one to somebody that doesn't know a lot about guns, but for getting out and bunkering anything that moves, they're a blast.

FrAuStY
04-30-2002, 04:49 PM
I firmly stand behind the PGP pump, my brother bought one for the helluvit, I just couldn't believe how accurate it is within 60 ft. Being its only like an 8in barrel it still worked great! I saw on the web also where you could send it to this shop and they'd set it up for semi auto! You could have an 11 round, semi-auto, dealy accurate sidearm for about 160$ (Gun and semi-auto upgrades) I just rely on my mag :D

Psychedelic
04-30-2002, 05:31 PM
I already have a PGP, but I wanna create a setup using to pistols.... Sorta Max Payne style to use instead of my mag for rec games. And if you think PTX's aren't very good, then what semi-auto sidearm would you recommend?

Steve Crush
04-30-2002, 06:33 PM
dunno much about it, it's a pretty gun tho.

steve

the JoKeR
04-30-2002, 07:43 PM
I don't have the website here at home, but do a search for the semi-auto enthusiasts website. They've got tons of info about the various guns, and from what I remember, the PTExtreme was still one of the favorites even though it's got tons of problems.

blackmag3
04-30-2002, 09:06 PM
just don't buy an enforcer. well if you really want to its your money but i own one and it blows. the main reason it blows is trying to get a 12 gram to seal without losing almost all the air. it has way too many threads and can be hard to get it to turn. plus mine is so inaccurate and wouldn't chrono up past 200 out of the box. such a waste. i wish i would saved the money from it and spent it on paint.

SqueegeeKid
05-01-2002, 12:40 PM
http://www.gambit.net/stussing/

He makes Semi Auto PGP's but its not made to order. He makes em whenever he feels like it and then its sold. Yah gotta be quick to get one.

http://airsoldier.com/~punisher/

I think punisher does it too. Not sure though.

PGP's are great sidearms. Solid and accurate.

krafty
05-01-2002, 12:59 PM
I'd recommend a Squall from Palmer's... but they're so darned expensive! (But oh, are they fun to play with!)

paint magnet
05-19-2002, 12:00 PM
It was fun to play with, but I tried to trade it for 3 boxes of pizza at a field (I was joking) and the guy wouldn't take it. I would reccomend the PGP, it might not shoot fast but at least it shoots.