PDA

View Full Version : revy, halo, rico....??

RT_Luver
04-30-2002, 09:47 AM
I'm just wonderin if I should get rid of my revy and get a halo or ricochet?? The reason I'm wonderin this is because I'm gunna get one of the c&c extremes once released and I'm gunna make sure I dont out shoot my hopper. I currently have a 12v revy w/ X-board and I'm gunna get a vortex impeller for it. would it just be a better idea to get a halo or ricochet then do that? thanks!! ALSO....I've heard halo's/ ricochets are pretty big and heavy....do they work well with warps? thanks

soilent green
04-30-2002, 10:01 AM
keep the revvy as back up for the halo rico is no preformance improvement

Croix71
04-30-2002, 10:03 AM
Haven't tried either the Halo or the Ricochet. I may try a Halo now that they have more color options and they've made some improvements. :D

Load SM5
04-30-2002, 11:30 AM
I had a HALO and while I never had any real problems with it was heavy, hard to clean, loud, and shut itself off every 15 minutes(battery saving feature) and I did'nt care for that. The last straw was it breaking a ball inside of the hopper in the middle of a tourney making me useless for the entire game. Apparently it exerts a good bit of force. In it's defense the paint was brittle and the weather was cold but when I slapped on my stock backup revvy it did great. I just had to keep track of my ROF. I recently uprgaded my board to the WAS Turborev and that thing flies. I sold my HALO and have been using the Turborev ever since. The upgrade is around $40 from Tracer Paintball and comes with the impellar.

BTAutoMag
04-30-2002, 11:37 AM
i used my dealers rickoche and i had one problem. it bounced shots, yes it did, it bounched them right onto my goggles.

Shail
04-30-2002, 01:39 PM
I have a ricochet on my warp,and it works very well, its shape makes it fit onto my warp easily (without having modify the hopper's side) and it loads paint quickly since it spins on each trigger pull as does my warp, so its a real nice set up all around

pip_999
04-30-2002, 01:46 PM
well man if you have a warp
tehn i wouldnt really worry about the size, i mean cmon after all if they hit your hopper, it was goin to hit you anyway

i would say get a halo if you need that ROF
get a revvy if you like the revvy it feeds like 14bps or near that with the new propellor and the x-board
and a rik has the ball counter (often screws up though) and it also defelects the shots, another plus is the game timer

out of all them all i would say the rik is one of the best desicions

spliff
04-30-2002, 06:40 PM
Im gonna have to back up load on this one. The TurboRev with Vortex impeller is unbelieveable. I have one and it is crazy fast. http://www.wickedairsportz.com/ for more info.

Evil Bob
04-30-2002, 07:38 PM
HALO has a much sturdier construction then the Revvy ever thought of having, it adds a little weight. Add on top of that the additional weight of 6 AA's vs 2 9v's. The HALO is definitely a bit heavier.

But does the HALO ever crank out the paint!!!!

I put two cases of paint through my EMag/Warp/HALO on saturday, it kept up with my long strings of supressive fire, something that the Revvy simply wasn't up to the task of.
-Evil Bob

ß.C.
04-30-2002, 08:48 PM
hey, just throwing a suggestion. I have a BE evolution and I love it. It's GREAT. People always assume that it sux because it's BE but this one has an acception! It's not like revys where you have to break your d to put the battery cover in place. Also it's a 6 pocket cyclone intead of a fan kocking the balls into the chamber. Also an Evolution has speed control to adjust to your ROF. Just throwing it up at ya.

BTAutoMag
04-30-2002, 09:34 PM
how heavy is the HALO compared to the 12v revvy? 2 times, 3 times...

Load SM5
04-30-2002, 10:13 PM
Hard to say without having them both here. I would say maybe 2 times heavier. It's noticably heavier but not terribly. Most of it has to do with the 6 AA's it takes.

BTAutoMag
04-30-2002, 10:27 PM
thanks a load (i love these puns, im on a roll.)

Cypres0099
04-30-2002, 10:32 PM
You must be butter....

BTAutoMag
04-30-2002, 10:48 PM
i dont get it.

EMSTER
05-03-2002, 02:57 AM
i'm with Shail. i have a ricochet and warp setup and i love it. it fits nicely.

Cypres0099
05-03-2002, 02:20 PM
You must be butter.... you're on a roll!:D

BTAutoMag
05-04-2002, 08:31 PM
lol thats great can i use that:D

Cypres0099
05-04-2002, 09:58 PM
Use it with pride.:p