PDA

View Full Version : My Minimag picture...Should work this time

BIGJON
04-30-2002, 10:34 AM
Sorry the post under this one the image didnt pop up. im worhtless C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\Jon's Pictures\minimag INTY frame.jpg

cphilip
04-30-2002, 10:38 AM
Very nice! (now I will go delete your other one for you)

BIGJON
04-30-2002, 10:59 AM
Yeah please delete the other one. Here is what is on this puppy
Polished body and red splatter paint job (done by me)
32* carbon fiber 14in
kapp chrome vert adpt
kapp red gas thru
kapp red asa
Kapp chrome tear drop forward
kapp red velocity lock
2 kapp red elbows (other side of gun)
AGD chrome inteliframe. black dye stickies, blade trigger
I think thats about it.
Tell me what you guys think! Any suggestions for some other things to get in the future?

Bartleby
04-30-2002, 12:39 PM
red stickies
do something to the rail (color, chrome, etc.)
red warp
warp body (or cut the feed tube)
and of course, retro valve

hey, looks great!

Creative Mayhem
04-30-2002, 01:22 PM
I have to agree with bartlby. I think you should definatly do something with the rail. It looks kinda plain. I think some more red would look better in the grand scheme of things. Post the updated pics when you get them. Keep up the good work.;)

pip_999
04-30-2002, 01:40 PM
if you dont have nitro
get that
but yeah i would say get a warp, and probably a new dropfroward (just a suggestion) cause its to small for a nitro tank, but its what you like

and get some stickies

ramsee1
04-30-2002, 02:17 PM
Nice looking marker! Have you considered a 90degree elbow coming off the bottom of the gas thru?

BIGJON
04-30-2002, 03:23 PM
Yeah i never though but a 90 degree elbow off the gas thru is a good idea. I want to get a new rail metalic red. Im wondering if kapp makes one? If not who mkaes a metalic red rail. I cant get much bigger of a drop forward bcz i dont have much space in there. I want to keep everything compact. Thats why im getitng a 10 inch barrel soon. Thanks for the input. You guys are Rad.

Croix71
04-30-2002, 03:34 PM
I agree with Bartleby. Get some red stickies, possibly an eclipse kit (anodize it red), and a clear Revvy. If you don't want to get an eclipse kit, keep the stock rail and anodize that red. To cap it off change the barrel to a Red CP barrel or something shiny like a SS barrel. :D

magatron
04-30-2002, 03:36 PM
did you polish the body as well as paint it? what kinda paint did you use? i'd realy like to do something of that sort to my mag with a blue paint.
looks great.

BIGJON
04-30-2002, 04:22 PM
i did both the jobs on my body myself for like 10 bux. I used very fine sandpaper and sanded the grey off. then moved up to a lil thicker of a sandpaper and got everyhting off. Then i used steelwool and polished it nicely. Then i found a good clearcoat and clear coated over it. Be careful not to oversand! But u can buff all the scratches out with the steelwool. After i did that job (took much time). I went out to my local hobby shop. And took my gas thru stock with me... and found a match of paint very cloe the the color of the gasthru. Then i got a brush...dipped it...and splatered. It took like 4-5 tries till i got the splatter to look right. Thats the way i did it. But i know othger people had diffrent/slighty better ways to do it.

Does anyone know where i can Buy a metalic red or chrome Body rail??? Thanx

BIGJON
04-30-2002, 04:44 PM
backside pic of my women with no barrel.

~Backdraft~
04-30-2002, 08:33 PM
Thats a tight lookin mag!:cool:

pumpamatic
04-30-2002, 09:54 PM
Wow, I have never seen such a good looking gun that was such a terrible performer. I can tell that thing sucks just by looking at. I bet that gun won't hardly fire a paintball.

PS- No automag will shoot very well without a powerfeed plug:D

magatron
05-01-2002, 12:51 AM
what grits did you use? and what kinda paints did you use? would you think it'd work well with out polishing off the grey? where did you get the clear coat and what kind did you use? do you put the clear coat on ater you polish or after the paint or after each one? thankss for giving me any info it's realy saving me money on the body.

BIGJON
05-01-2002, 06:48 AM
Well I dont think you would be able to get the paint to set on the powder coat. Im probly wrong but I would go to your wardware/hobby store or whatever and ask them for a good paint that will set well on powdercoat. Mayb even bring in the body. I Polished the body...then I used a clear coat Over it. Im not sure the exact size of sandpaper i used. Im at school right now, but when i get home ill tell u the paints/clearcoats/sandpaper i used

And for the other post above...My gun does shoot. VERY well. :) and very fast...with a powerfeed plug lol i forgot to put it back in when i took the pic O well

bond1313
05-01-2002, 07:42 AM
Very nice I like the colors.

BIGJON
05-01-2002, 09:47 AM
I used the smallest grain sandpaper...wich i think is like 200 or like 207 or somthing...i dont have th epackage anymore so i cant tell you. But i went to my hardware store and got the smallest grit i could find. Then i bought a grit that was a few higher. The steelwhool is extra fine 000 steelwool. I used Model Masters Enamel Red Paint for the splattter job and i clear coated of the splatter job as well...I also clear coated the body after i polished it. Ive never had any probloms with the paint running, metling leaking, or sticky ect any of that crap. That paint job has held up perfectly well...to my surprise.I think it is the clear coat over the paint that keeps it good. I used just a multipurpose CLear coat. I just went to my hardware store aked for a bottle of clearcoat that will work well for the body of my gun. He gave me that. It was like 3 bucks. If you really want more details you can e-mail me BIGJON101@netscape.net or message me on my aim screen name Millencolin5050. I could take a picture of everyhting i used with my webcam if u wanted.

magatron
05-01-2002, 02:14 PM
thanx alot.

Army
05-01-2002, 07:14 PM
It screams for a chrome rail with the splash job continuing past it and across the fore-grip adapter.

TheTramp
05-01-2002, 07:58 PM
I believe the Benchmark makes the body rails you were asking about.