PDA

View Full Version : Retro Vavle + Intelliframe = Tourney lvl ???

Hemlock86
04-30-2002, 10:51 AM
I want a tourney lvl marker cause i eventually want to play in tournaments...(makes sence). Will the retro/intelliframe with a halo take it to that level(ROF/accuracy/distance)?

Im considering this or saving up for a better gun(E-mag/Cocker/Angel) if this isnt suffice. If the Retro/Intell is good enough, I will just upgrade to that. i would rather stick to AGD cause Im a big fan and alot of people dont like them(thats why I like them even more).

Stock Automag with "12 Boomstick, Nitro duc 4500/68 ci,12v revvy(which I dont like) and cheap df.

peace

Oddball
04-30-2002, 11:00 AM
That is the basic setup of my gun and I played Zap IAO, the CPSA, Challenge Cup all last year and Mardi Gras this year with it. I have a ReTro, I-frame (got in Jan this year), DYE aluminium, and 68/ 4500.

MagDog68
04-30-2002, 11:09 AM
Hey - if you have the skills, you can use just about anything in a Tournament. "Tournament Level" is a catch phrase for anything big, glossy and expensive. Don't be fooled by marketing ploys - Tournament level atheletes can win with most any gun. The question you want to ask yourself is, "Will this gun be reliable when I need it most?"

I think we all know the answer to that question.

~Fred

Load SM5
04-30-2002, 11:12 AM
Manny from Aftershock plays with a retromag and seem to do well enough.;)

The accuracy and speed are all there, it's up to you to do the rest.

If you're not happy with your revvy I'd also look at the Wicked Air Sports Turborev upgrade. It's a new board that takes about 15 minutes to install and makes the revvy insanely fast. It costs about $40 with the new impellar and is well worth it. Also much cheaper than the HALO.

BTAutoMag
04-30-2002, 11:49 AM
yea you could play in a tourny with it. i still dont know why people dont.

Hemlock86
04-30-2002, 03:59 PM
hmmm, Ill probably just upgrade to that....If I dont think its worthy, I still have one bad arse Mag :D !!!!!!

TheTramp
04-30-2002, 07:09 PM
Three of the five guys on AO Nightmare use Retro Mags. I'm one of the back players and I find that I can shoot a nice lane on the break. Plenty of paint in the air (and once in a while someone will try to run through it :cool: ).