PDA

View Full Version : Why are people selling their E-mags

Shail
04-30-2002, 01:30 PM
Just like the title says, I am wondering why there are players putting their emags up for sale?

pip_999
04-30-2002, 01:35 PM
well mostly because people want angles

its mainly cause AGD is not a big name in the whole paintball industry, actually let me take that back, its a big name but not as big as WDP WGP etc

so peiople want angels they see all these pro's anbd they see how many people have them and they think hey that must be one of the greatest guns ever

but really the e-mag will perform just as well as an angelm, and in cosmetics i think that the e-mag looks better

but i think its jus cause people want
ANGELS, SHOCKTECH COCKERS, MATRICES, MATRIXS, ETC

Creative Mayhem
04-30-2002, 01:48 PM
I think the angel is a more flashy gun compared ot an emag. It basically is an old look, still looks like one of the original bodies. The emag extreme is is going to change that perception, and the c+c extreme will definately spice things up when they come out in full force.

MagDog68
04-30-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Shail
Just like the title says, I am wondering why there are players putting their emags up for sale?

Some people want to buy Extremes - some people don't like the E-Mag - some people want to try something else - some may need the money for non-paintball related issues.

I wouldn't read into it too much. People sell E-Mags on AO because it is an AGD product and we all want AGD products. However, if you try to look up E-Mags on ebay u may only get a half dozen or so, while there are pages of Autocockers and Angels. Does that mean people don't want those guns?

~Fred

lopxtc
04-30-2002, 01:55 PM
Well I am getting ride of mine (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34268) just because after playing a couple times with it, neither myself or my wife could get a rythem with it. She said she felt that she was always trying to get comfortable with it every time she shouldered it. Its a great marker, just we never clicked with it. She find's markers with a regular gas thru and close set foregrip/grip-frame to be more comfortable. Thats the main reason we are parting with ours and looking into getting another Impulse (I traded hers for the EMag *still hearing about that one*), or Matrix or Excablibur.

Aaron

Croix71
04-30-2002, 02:11 PM
My impression was that people were selling their E-Mags while they can so as to get an X-Treme. Why sell now? Well prices have dropped from $750 to $650 in the past couple of months and more are appearing in the classifieds. I figure people are parting with them while they still can before the price dips even lower.

A friend of mine is selling his E-Mag because he just liked the feel of his Angel more than the E-Mag. Even with a superbolt the E-Mag just had more *kick* to it than he liked. Besides he didn't see the need for owning both markers, so he's sticking with the Angel.

bond1313
04-30-2002, 03:11 PM
Well some people sold them to buy IR3's, some are waiting for the extreems and others just like to try different guns.

Strider
04-30-2002, 03:23 PM
Excellent... Maybe soon I can afford a used emag. :D

Snooky
04-30-2002, 04:39 PM
Major reason i saw for people selling um is either going angel or xtreme. not many saying they had problems with them but wanting an even better gun and trying to unload um before the extremes come out.

oneshot
04-30-2002, 06:05 PM
I sold mine because I want a extreme

Kaiser Bob
04-30-2002, 06:44 PM
Emags seem to sell in waves lately. Around late Feb. there were a bunch floating around up for sale, and then almost nothing on AO almost nothing on Ebay, now its picking up again. I really think its just market trends and people looking to try new stuff. Anyone dissatisfied with the actual performance of their emag will beat kicking themselves when the new mods come out. :)

Blennidae
04-30-2002, 07:04 PM
Wouldn't it be cheaper and better for Emag owners to wait and just do an upgrade to the Extreme?

Evil Bob
04-30-2002, 07:59 PM
I had to buy 2 angels because of the team sponsors asked us to use angels. I had two because one or the other of them was invariably in the shop on a non stop basis.

I have since replaced both angels with an EMag which is simply less problematic and fussy then the angels ever were.
As soon as the Xtreme is out, I'll buy the body upgrade.

-Evil Bob

Mango
04-30-2002, 08:34 PM
Mine worked flawlessly (after taking the jumpers out of the warp and buying a Freak) but I just wanted to try something else. I love paintball, and would own one of every gun if I were a millionaire. But I'm not, so I will have to sell the one im useing to purchase another. Thats why I did it. I will eventually have money to have many guns at once. And when that time comes you can bet I will have another E-mag/Extreme etc.

liigod
05-01-2002, 12:01 AM
my buds are selling em cus they break paint too much.

<--- just being honest

alf
05-01-2002, 08:26 AM
i have an emag and an angel....i havent played with the angel enough yet to make a solid decsion.

1. the angel is a VERY STABLE shooting platform, you can hold it very steady, and the recoil is not noticeable with the stock barrel.

2. the emag is VERY heavy (which also makes it stable), but its VERY HEAVY :) (mine weighs 12.5 lbs with the warp, halo, and max-flo)...

i will never ever get rid of my emag, though, because it is the most solid, reliable piece of paintball equipment i own.

-alf

Croix71
05-01-2002, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by SprayingMango
I just wanted to try something else. I love paintball, and would own one of every gun if I were a millionaire. But I'm not, so I will have to sell the one im useing to purchase another.

Exactly! There are so many markers out there now and most folks can't afford to keep on buying new ones. So they buy/sell/trade to try out some of the new stuff.

Originally posted by alf
i will never ever get rid of my emag, though, because it is the most solid, reliable piece of paintball equipment i own.

Agree with ya there alf. Mags have proven to be very reliable over the years. Only frustrating part is if it isn't working properly and you can't seem to fix it. :(

hawpunch
05-02-2002, 05:37 PM
sold mine to make way for an sfl emag. didn't want to wait for the extreme and wanted to get an emag that was lighter and accepted cocker threaded barrels.

aloha,

jae park

raehl
05-02-2002, 10:32 PM
You know, virtually EVERY time I hand my marker setup to someone, the first thing that comes out of their mouth is "Wow, that's heavy." ??? I have the Emag, warp, Richochet, and a max flo. I'm a fairly skinny guy. Are paintballers just weak or something? The weight has never been an issue for me, I just hold the thing, shoot it, and paint comes out.

Don't really see how the weight is an issue.

- Chris