PDA

View Full Version : Quest For The Holy Grail June 22-23 2002

McDead
04-30-2002, 03:03 PM
Have you ever seen the movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail??? Well Emr Paintball in New Milford, Pa has been running a game based off of the movie for a few years. This event which takes place over 2 days and will have guests from the paintball industry like Palmer Pursuit, Paintball News, Pro-team, WGP and many others.
The game is set up with 2 big teams- the Knights and the Peasants- and a small team who play the characters from the movie- the White Rabbit, the Black Knight, Knight who say "NI", Roger the Shrubber, the French, the Sisters of Castle Anthrax, Tim the Enchanter and many others. Objectives are holding areas, defeating the special characters, and finding THE HOLY GRAIL.
There will be a party with food and a live band on Saturday night.
The field also provides bunkhouses and a campsite on site to spend the weekend.
Check out www.emrpaintball.com for details.
As of April 28, there are still many spots open for the special teams so call early to reserve them.
Also checkout the January 2002 issue of Paintball magazine for a article about last years game writing by Amy the Girl.
Hopefully you check out this game and stop by and try to take over the French castle which my team and I will be defending.

MantisMag
04-30-2002, 03:45 PM
wow that sounds like fun. so how many hits does it take to kill the black knight? i'd sure like to go up against the women from castle anthrax. ;) i'll take them all on single handed. :p you're defending the french castle. how're your taunting skills? are you going to talk with an outrageous accent? hehehe. i think i'm going to have to try and make it to this. :D

McDead
04-30-2002, 04:02 PM
You have to hit the Black Knight in each arm and each leg to kill him. We will be taunting, I fart in you general direction. ;) and will have a few tricks up our sleeves or should I say armor.

McDead
05-24-2002, 08:17 PM
Also if you pre-pay by June 9 it is only $40 for the weekend or pay $50 on the day of the event. So call Blue and pre-pay to save $10.

paintbattler
05-24-2002, 08:27 PM
lol that movie is hilarious

RT_Luver
05-24-2002, 10:49 PM
I introduced Paintbattler(the guy above my post)to that movie. I LVOE it. 1."here ya go" 2."I'm not dead" 1"yes you are" 2."no I'm not" 3. "um.. I can't tale him" 1. why not" 3."he's not dead" 1. CLACK "here you go"

not word for word but diffenately one of the best parts,LOL

paintbattler
05-24-2002, 10:52 PM
LOL LOL LOL.i remember that part

Schnitzel
05-24-2002, 11:33 PM
"She turned me into a Newt!"....."A Newt?!" ".....'got better."

Doobie
05-25-2002, 12:03 PM
I played a Knight that says "Ni" for two years at this event. I just want to say I'm really upset I can't make it this year. It is also Blue's aniversery and it sound like it will be a good time. He always did a great job with this event in the past!

oh...by the way...

NI!
:D

Yatta!
05-25-2002, 06:34 PM
I havent seen Quest for the Holy Grail in forever. Sorry I cant make it, from Texas to Jersey is kinda far away. But, I will watch the movie again! Is there a SirWhoIsNotAppearingInThisFilm?