PDA

View Full Version : JT's solution to wipers? Must See!!

Ultimator
04-30-2002, 07:14 PM
I was flipping through an issue of Action Pursuit Games (June 2002) when I came across an ad for JT's 3 new paints. The one that caught my eye the most was their new "JT Premium Series: Elite" they have an illustration of the markability. I took a quick snapshot of the illustration they included (i did this in about 30 seconds so don't flame the quality :P) the numbers in descending order is the paint hitting a mask.

C:\My Documents\JT Big Fill.jpg

In the event that doesn't work I'll attach an image too. Well, it pretty much goes without saying, but how in the fark do you wipe that?

Big props to JT.

TheTramp
04-30-2002, 07:26 PM
That's really nasty!

I'm all for that paint being used in tournaments but if anyone brought that to practice I'd be really PO'd. It's like an improved version of the evil fill. Great for "real" play but such a pain to wipe (after the game :) ) that most people wont want to deal with it. In fact, the field we practice at (runs their own tournaments and also has team practice only days) specifically says that no one can use that type of paint during team practice.

I'd love to find out what is in that paint to get it to be so nasty. I'd also like to use that paint during my next tournament! :cool:

Ultimator
04-30-2002, 07:32 PM
I bet it costs a fortune. My guess is it has a harder shell and they just load it up with paint. (compressed paint?)

Just my 2 cents

theraidenproject
04-30-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Ultimator
My guess is it has a harder shell and they just load it up with paint.
So it hurts, too! SO the next day, you have welts AND stains on your clothing. Oh well, I'll still use it, I just wouldnt want to be shot by it.

Vegeta
04-30-2002, 07:48 PM
It might be that they pressureize it with paint so when it explodes the paint expands and shoots all over like a water balloon popping.

obsolete898
04-30-2002, 07:52 PM
Breaks must be a pain to clean.

Goldie D Pimp
04-30-2002, 07:58 PM
Have you guys seen the new RPS lightning with their "3D fill"???

We had a guy shooting that at the field the other day. It was so thick with was leaving perfect circle splotches on the airball bunkers. I mean they were perfectly round, it looked REALLY funny. The fill in that stuff is like toothpaste, it's crazy thick!

Ultimator
04-30-2002, 08:10 PM
There's another ProBall ad in this magazine where it claims that the paint is "wipe-resistant". Is it just me or is paint(ball) rapidly evolving?

I <3 MAGS
04-30-2002, 08:19 PM
LOL Man... That stuff looks nasty. I would hate to get hit by it.

If the fill is "thicker" will that make the ball heavier and more painful to get hit by? Also making it more accurate in any conditions? Just curious. Don't flame me for asking stupid questions.

Ultimator
04-30-2002, 08:27 PM
Lemme read ya some of JT's propaganda:

"The most accurate paintball on the market, 99.8% accurate within a 2 ft. circle at a distance of 80 ft."

Jusging by that I would assume the extra paint does have something to do with accuracy.

Concerning the pain factor, if it has a harder shell to hold the compressed/extra paint it would hurt a tad more, but I don't think the weight would make it hurt too much more.

InfinatyBPS
04-30-2002, 08:31 PM
Hehe, if it comes in white, a groin shot could look quite... umm... interesting...:eek:

slayer
04-30-2002, 08:33 PM
how easy does it break. I would rather have a normal fill and a brittle shell, that breaks at long ranges. then firing something with the hardness of a golf ball, and not having it break.

I <3 MAGS
04-30-2002, 08:35 PM
LOL... YOu NaSty!

:p

ß.C.
04-30-2002, 08:41 PM
It's agood idea but really, I play with some friends sometimes and they just roll over and cover the pint with dirt. Then the stain is gone, it's that easy :(

Quiet
04-30-2002, 09:07 PM
I wonder if it tastes as nasty as it marks, probably.

Load SM5
04-30-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Goldie D Pimp
Have you guys seen the new RPS lightning with their "3D fill"???

We had a guy shooting that at the field the other day. It was so thick with was leaving perfect circle splotches on the airball bunkers. I mean they were perfectly round, it looked REALLY funny. The fill in that stuff is like toothpaste, it's crazy thick!

Yes, and I hate that crap. We threw one against a rock and sculpted things out of it.

Bwaites
04-30-2002, 10:42 PM
Just a quick note.

Physics says that by nature liquids will not compress.

That is why hydraulic systems work, when you apply pressure, they push against whatever contains them. So the liquid in paintballs is only under the pressure of the shell, it is not, "pressurized". Pressurized means that there is compression at work, meaning the liquid has been pressed into a smaller space than it would normally occupy, obviously not the case in paintballs.

Thicker fills might be harder to wipe, but they can't be much heavier, I believe there is an international standard on weight. If the weight of the ball changed much, it would be difficult to design guns, bolts, and so on for the different stresses. When you look at the acceleration of a paintball, I seem to remember it is like 300 g's at the beginning of the phase, just a few milligrams would make a huge difference.

Shells have some variance in their hardness, as evidenced by the bounce test, but even then it doesn't make much difference.

Thicker fills might be more accurate, since they might spin more readily, giving some rifling effect, but Tom could probably give us all a better lesson on how much thicker they need to be to do that.

Bill

liigod
04-30-2002, 11:47 PM
compressed paint... amusing idea.

What could work in theroy, but what im shure they arent doing... is to like make the paint at a cold temperature, and when the paint is normall tempature, the shell could tighten up, creating a kinda squit effect.

A. the balls would be inconistant in size
B. cost too much
C. im prolly wrong that its even possible.

Spaceman613
05-01-2002, 09:30 AM
Bu thow many time have you seen a wipe on a lense? lets see the ball hit clothing. I doubt it would be as dramatic. They said something about the shells ( I read into it that they fragment), but still I dont see this changing the characteristics of shady players. Thick fill is great, but you have to balance the thickness, otherwise you get toothpaste or spackle. I think hellfire is amazing paint, bright as heck, and nasty on the cloths, thats where I want it.

On the mask everything looks dramatic, but on the loose fitting jerseys and pants is where it counts.

Butterfingers
05-01-2002, 03:04 PM
Talk to Don, we have this new stuff called legends that will run you around an estimated $50-55 a case. Lets put it this way the bleach started eating through my shirt and the paint is still there can anybody say bubble gum?

Butterfingers
05-01-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by liigod
compressed paint... amusing idea.

What could work in theroy, but what im shure they arent doing... is to like make the paint at a cold temperature, and when the paint is normall tempature, the shell could tighten up, creating a kinda squit effect.

A. the balls would be inconistant in size
B. cost too much
C. im prolly wrong that its even possible.

Liquids arent compressable.

If you want a long ranging heavy ball start mixing heavy metals such as tungsten or depleted uranium into the paint :) I can see the controversey now... "DU munitions used in war games"

Spaceman613
05-01-2002, 03:13 PM
Cant paint companies find a paint pigment that WONT STAIN and still be hard to wipe? Come on, we dont want to buy a new jersey or shirt after every month.

'Mag
05-01-2002, 03:15 PM
What happens if this stuff hits the bunker right next to you? Judging by that splatter on the mask it should have plenty of extra spray shooting in all directions, just wanting to make a quarter size mark on your jersey.

ramsee1
05-01-2002, 04:09 PM
JTs Maxim paint is already hard to wipe... Er Um so I heard. Seriously though, if I wanted something that wasn't easily wipeable, I would change it from 'water-based' to something else like oil, or as mentioned above make it more concentrated. At any rate, it sucks to have to deal with wipers.

liigod
05-01-2002, 06:30 PM
i didnt mean compress the liquid, i meant put the shell under elastic tension, so when on part breaks, the paint is squeazed out even faster by that tension.

05-01-2002, 06:54 PM
found the paint for $48.99 on sale at paintballgear.com

http://www.actionvillage.com/001-8000.html

i read a review about the paint and said that its for low pressure (200-300psi) and if you have a higher ressure it will chop everyball :rolleyes: i want to know if thats true because i would love to use this paint

ArthurDent
05-02-2002, 12:04 AM
somone was shooting some at 5 man tourny at wap on sunday.....some bounced over the netting and i grabed it to take a look at it(haddent seen JT paint before), it bounced like a bouncy ball and the fill was very very thik. It looked very paintful.

Lester
05-02-2002, 12:47 AM
- I got a case of this paint in the mail today, and did the bounce test with it. The results are very promising the average was 4.2somthing .... anyways it almost all broke on the 4th bounce, and the fill isnt toothpaste the paintball is just completely full. I', looking forward to shooting it this weekend, and for $49 a case i will most likey order it regularly if the results are good.

covadsucks
05-02-2002, 03:39 PM
It's good paint. hard to wipe off after a game, leaves a lot of residue, but doesn't stain. Plus it stands out like the "blood" in the movie Predator. Really straight shooting too...The JT Maxim that is... the cheap JT paint is bad, big nasty seams and really out of round. Just all around cheap quality field paint.

WickeDKlowN
05-02-2002, 03:52 PM
if you have the add in the magazine look at the first pic, theres a white ring around where the ball hit, shows you how cheap JT goggles are.

HoppysMag
05-02-2002, 05:38 PM
Create a new "Wipe Proof" paintball and all you do is make the wipers get better. Trust me if im determained to wipe i will With or Without JT paint.

Ultimator
05-02-2002, 05:53 PM
I hate wipers :P

giblit
05-03-2002, 11:25 AM
ok now shoot your self and see if it hurts more

BTAutoMag
05-03-2002, 11:35 AM
it may be made by JT but BE owns JT:D so we are buying BE paint with a different name

phish
05-03-2002, 11:41 AM
is that pic for the JT elite or the Maxim?

I got hit by a fair share of elite last sunday and it did not break like that. The paint seems to be un-round and has huge seams. It works good in LP guns so im told.

Phantom_Allstar
05-03-2002, 08:21 PM
EVIL FILL ALLSTAR.

Snooky
05-04-2002, 04:55 AM
Like BT said how great can BE balls with a JT symbol on them be?

Erick
05-04-2002, 08:50 AM
i have used paint like that but it was kickn pro or some thing it was like a tooth paste and was very britle. it was very hard to clean off after a game, and it also staned my jersey i was wearing that day it came out after washing it like 3 times.