PDA

View Full Version : 32 degrees barrel covers UNSAFE

openboater
04-30-2002, 07:53 PM
As shown in the picture below, the 32 degrees barrel covers are designed improperly. the top cover (with the pencil in the hole) was shot through on the first day of it's use by the first accidental shot. the covers are too wide and the barrel ends up in the corner, where the nylon is not strong enough to stop a paintball.
this happened twice on the first day our club started using these barrel covers instead of barred plugs.

The bottom cover has been modified by turning it inside out and sewing the end so it is narrower. the barrel always points on the reinforcing strip on the modified barrel cover.

bond1313
04-30-2002, 07:57 PM
Thanks for informing us.

Ultimator
04-30-2002, 08:01 PM
Yikes I have a 32 Degrees barrel cover to.

I'll make sure to keep the barrel on the reinforced strip at all times.

Ty for the information btw.

Mango
04-30-2002, 08:28 PM
wow thanks for the heads up!!

SuperOrangeTicTac
04-30-2002, 09:04 PM
I just recently purchased a new JT Barrel condom, very cool silver one that is made out of a VERY thick material, thicker than the original Barrel Condoms. Not too wide either.

SuperOrange2ThumbsUp :D

(edit) ROFL i put Barrel Plug instead of condom ;)

animal
04-30-2002, 09:16 PM
I heard the same thing about these from a field owner. One would think they might at least TEST the product once or twice before mass producing it.

BTAutoMag
04-30-2002, 09:49 PM
i think im good. i have a warrior sports barrel condem and so far its held my balls perfectly.

subbeh
04-30-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by BTAutoMag
i think im good. i have a warrior sports barrel condem and so far its held my balls perfectly.

I know I'm immature, but damn that is funny to anyone who doesn't play paintball.

BTAutoMag
04-30-2002, 10:20 PM
yea i had to do a report for english and i did it on barrel condems vs barrel plugs. when i got to the part where i said "...a condem will securly hold your balls. A plug will fall out after your fist ball hits it and will let your other balls fly free..." i couldnt keep a straight face and the whole class was laughting so much the i went 1:15 over the time limit.

subbeh
04-30-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by BTAutoMag
yea i had to do a report for english and i did it on barrel condems vs barrel plugs. when i got to the part where i said "...a condem will securly hold your balls. A plug will fall out after your fist ball hits it and will let your other balls fly free..." i couldnt keep a straight face and the whole class was laughting so much the i went 1:15 over the time limit.

Hahahahah gj gj

BTAutoMag
04-30-2002, 10:30 PM
i got a C+ because of that

BTAutoMag
04-30-2002, 10:36 PM
well mine broke but thats because there were 2 more balls following it. see it can really hold all your balls

Potatoboy
04-30-2002, 10:39 PM
I'm telling all of you, Redz.

They make the best barrel "covers" in the biz.

Neoprene and nylon reinforced. The difference is they're only big enough to fit a barrel into, so there's no extra slop onto the non-reinforced spot.

Smokee_2_7
05-01-2002, 11:24 AM
FYI we had the same thing happen here in mobile with at least 1 brand new 32 deg. cover. Additionally, we (extreme paintball) are going to stop carrying them. Its just not safe. They shouldn't have to be modified.

Bad_Knees
05-01-2002, 11:30 AM
It happened to my buddies barrel condom as well. I think it's because they decided to stich the end of the condom versus stiching only the sides. I had accidently fired off a ball into it and I had the same results :(

thecavemankevin
05-01-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Potatoboy
I'm telling all of you, Redz.

They make the best barrel "covers" in the biz.

Neoprene and nylon reinforced. The difference is they're only big enough to fit a barrel into, so there's no extra slop onto the non-reinforced spot.

couldn't agree more!! :)

perhaps someone should send a link to 32*, perhaps for some stupid reason they are not aware of this problem.

Heck, you could tie a walmart bag over the barrel and be safer :(

Potatoboy
05-01-2002, 02:07 PM
For anyone that hasn't seen them:

http://www.redzcomfort.com/PicsforWeb/AllPics/bcred.jpg

The Redz website says backordered, but check with online stores to see if they have them.

They are the best accidental discrage protection around IMHO.

You can drop a few cases into them at 280 FPS and they'll be fine.

magatron
05-01-2002, 02:27 PM
32* needs to be informed about this by some one cause i know there are alota kids usin those and i'm more than sure they don't look on here and are aware of this, i would e-mail them myself but my comp get frozen when i e-mail for some reason.