PDA

View Full Version : Impy people, or anyone with a max flo... my friend needs some quick help...

InfinatyBPS
04-30-2002, 08:48 PM
He just got a used impy and the max flo is leaking out of some little hole when he airs it up. It isnt the tank o ring. What else could it be? and how do u adjust it?

2000Sabre
04-30-2002, 09:06 PM
Here's a link to the Smart Parts Support Web Page. download the maxflow manual which will tell you how to fix the leaks. I have a MaxFlow and need to service the regulator as well. I haven't done it before so I can't give you any hands on advice but the manual's good enough to walk you through it.

http://www.smartparts.com/spsupport.htm

Siayajin
04-30-2002, 09:09 PM
You adjust the reg by turning the adjustment knob. Clockwise increases pressure, counter decreases.

First make sure that the pressure is below 200psi. There's a brass pressure valve that vents excess pressure if it goes beyond 240psi.

Also, you'll have to take aprt the reg and check the seals as well as clean and regrease the internals. Other than that, your friend should be good to go.

If you need any more help, go to www.smartparts.com and download the max-Flo manual.

Cypres0099
04-30-2002, 09:12 PM
1. It could be the reg venting. (probably not)

2. Have you tried just going ahead and screwing it all the way in? My teamates imp leaks until it's all the way screwed in.