PDA

View Full Version : Smart Parts valve?

Scootyd
05-01-2002, 02:34 PM
I purchased my micro mag from the trade in shelf at the local feild. The valve/ regulator assembly has smart parts written on it and the serial number starts with the digits sm. I haven't found where smart parts offered a modified valve, which would make sense. Has anybody got an idea what's up?:confused:

Scootyd
05-01-2002, 04:35 PM
The marker has a history of two previous owners who stroked it well. It has extra holes in the regulater, the on off is an aftermarket setup etc. They both parted with it for electros. The owner of the shop knows them both well but I never met them to find out. The valve externally looks stock except for the smart parts laser engraved on it and the serial number.

FreshmanBob
05-01-2002, 05:07 PM
sounds like a smartmag valve

smart parts basically set the gun up to run at a lower pressure (at a nice cost to efficency) by enlarging the air chamber, and drilling out other places for better flow

BEEFYSAUSAGE
05-02-2002, 02:30 AM
well its no different to a normal mag valve ecept you can run abought 30-50 psi less input pressure and from my 4 years of play with the smart valve(not the smart box mod valve)i have never had problems as for reducing efficencey i get abought 700 shots from a 68 ci max attack system depending on barrel used,they take standard parts kits so there no prob there either. All in all you sound like you have a nice marker so i hope it gos well for u too.
dont let people tell you any different there is no noticeable difference that i have seen between the two.
so good luck and happy hunting.

FreshmanBob
05-02-2002, 06:34 AM
well it was my understanding that it reduced efficency, guess not