PDA

View Full Version : Intelliframe...affecting accuracy...?

veritas
05-01-2002, 03:19 PM
Just wanted to make sure that all it was ...was the paint...I just installed an intelliframe and put my stock bolt in...oiled everything up, making sure the barrell was clear of oil and such...every few shots is a little eratic...so to test, i used a different barrel and put my ans bolt in and the exact same results took place...

So i'll guess my paint(which is only a week old) is a little bit on the bad side...

Unless...?anyone...:confused:

LoveMyMag
05-01-2002, 03:24 PM
The only way I could see it affecting accuracy is if the anodizing was bad, causing a tolerance issue that threw the body off wack. Is that even possible?

rjvemt1
05-01-2002, 03:25 PM
just cause you bought that paint a week ago doesnt meen it didnt sit around the store or field for awile longer!

LoveMyMag
05-01-2002, 03:30 PM
What about velocity? Have you checked it reciently? Too high and it will throw a curve on the balls.

veritas
05-01-2002, 03:34 PM
I'm at or under 300 so it's not that...i've never shot this paint before(Chronic) so i'll assume it's just that...That anodizing theory is funky and i hope isn't the case...lol

a_malfunction
05-01-2002, 03:48 PM
No, the anno job on the frame wouldnt hurt anything. It is most likely a bad paint/barrel match.

krafty
05-01-2002, 05:41 PM
One other possibility... You're just not used to shooting with the frame yet. Give it some time and see if your accuracy improves. Maybe you're not used to a 2-finger trigger, and you're jerking the gun a bit more than you used to...

Just a thought.

LoveMyMag
05-01-2002, 06:14 PM
No, the anno job on the frame wouldnt hurt anything

While it may not effect accuracy, a bad anno will create problems with the sear and on/off. Correct? Or is that just a problem with powder coating?

*edit for spelling....not my strong point

veritas
05-01-2002, 06:23 PM
Iwould guess yes to the sear...although this problem i don't have...

DiRTyBuNNy
05-02-2002, 12:44 AM
it couldn't be the anno job..with anno it bleeds into the metal..with powder it coats it and that's why they have tolerance issues...

AGD
05-02-2002, 12:54 AM
I find it inconceivable that the frame caused accuracy problems. Try different paint.

AGD