PDA

View Full Version : Just got my Nimh rechargeable batteries for my warp.

Cypres0099
05-01-2002, 04:10 PM
Yep, they just came in yesterday. 9.6 volters and just itchin to go. Since I'm not going to be playing anytime soon, I messed around with them. Man can you tell the difference between a Duracell Ultra and these babies. :eek: No more spending money on 9v's for my warp. YAAAAY!:D

I think AGD should seriously consider selling these and chargers in thier store. They seem to be well worth. Although, I haven't used them for long or in any playing conditions.

oneshot
05-01-2002, 04:12 PM
were did you get them from?

Cypres0099
05-01-2002, 04:35 PM
Well, I got both my battery and my charger from

http://www.thomasdistributing.com/

But some people say not to get that charger and to get this one

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/pb-tri-charger.htm

But the one under the 9v's seems to be working fine for me.
I left it on all night on a partially charged battery, even though I don't think it has the auto shutoff, and everything was fine.

ben_JD
05-01-2002, 04:36 PM
I picked up four of these beauties last week. They are simply amazing. Well worth the money.

OnyX
05-01-2002, 09:00 PM
definately awesome plus i find that they seem to last longer than regular batteries.

TheTramp
05-01-2002, 11:30 PM
Which ones exactly did you get? I see some that are 9V and others that are 9.6V but they are made be different manufacturers. I've got the 18V regulated down to 12V mod done to my Warp so I'm not sure how much 9.6V vs. 9V would make. Of course, the fact that they perform as well as regular 9V's but can be re-charged 100's of times and only cost twice as much is nice.

Cypres0099
05-02-2002, 07:15 AM
Mine are Plainview 9.6v

cphilip
05-02-2002, 10:09 AM
Good you brought this back up as I have something to add to this. Remember the thread I made asking if they come precharged? And eventually I discovered that mine did have a charge by using my DC Volt meter? Well it seems they may not still be fully charged if they have been in stock quite a while. I used mine un-recharged and the first set only lasted one and a half games. The second set lasted all the rest of that day (5 more games) and still running. So to the guys who said charge them anyway I think you are right. They may show voltage but it may not still be fully charged if they have sat a while. Some of them were and some of them were not. So when I got home I gave em all a good one. 12 hours. They are fully charged now!

Shaft
05-02-2002, 10:57 AM
I took yer advice and ordered 4 of these for myself. Hope they work or else I will find you and throw them at you. :D

cphilip
05-02-2002, 12:09 PM
Yea you coulda got a case of paint instead!

Naw...they work real well. Once they are fully charged. And I have the lower volume Gold Peak ones too. But they do seem to last a long time. Either way you go the NiMH option pays itself back real well.

BlackVCG
05-02-2002, 03:16 PM
That charger that is listed on the same page as the Plainviews at Thomas Distrubting is a piece of junk. It only charges one at a time, it doesn't meet the required specs of the Plainviews and it doesn't have a timer on it to shut off after a certain amount of charging time.

The Tri-Charger charges two batteries at a time, meets the charging specs of the Plainviews (It is underrated on its voltage output) and has a timer to shut itself off after 15hrs of charging.

The charger listed with the Plainviews will work, but it will reduce the amount of charges you can get out of the batteries as opposed to the Tri-Charger. I have the Tri-Charger and it charges the batteries to 10.50V consistantly.

Cypres0099
05-02-2002, 04:41 PM
Are you sure that the charger under the batteries will reduce the # of charges the battery can take?

I thought the tri charger was only a convienence thing. I'll try to get a hold of a volt meter and tell you guys what this charger charges to.

BlackVCG
05-02-2002, 05:38 PM
That charger puts out 12V and 25mA for 8-10hrs.

The battery specs are 17mA (max) for 14-16hrs.

The Tri-Charger puts out 16mA for 15hrs and in my experience charges the Plainviews to 10.50V.

You take your pick on which one is better for those batteries.

I could only imagine that you'd extend the life of the batteries using the Tri-Charger instead of the one they show on the same page as the Plainviews.

Evil Bob
05-02-2002, 06:06 PM
Actually, of all the chargers they have listed, this one (http://www.thomasdistributing.com/at-5798.htm) will give you better overall battery life. Built in battery conditioner, same tech used in NiMH cell phone chargers.

You can even get a car kit for this charger.

-Evil Bob

Omicron
05-02-2002, 06:37 PM
Just measured the voltage of my new plainview batteries, 2 were within the 9.65-9.69V, 2 were exactly 10.12V (pretty good for a supposedly 9.6V battery).

Anyways, gonna play tomorrow with 2 in my warp, 2 in my revvy and test the voltage after (I'd say at least 700 is goin through my mag tomorrow).