PDA

View Full Version : Tom or Mod: Protobody Question

fearc7
05-01-2002, 08:17 PM
Hey Tom/moderator, looking at that new prototype gun on the threads and all it doesn't look nearly as compact as the current level 7 length-wise. is it using cocker threading or 'mag threading cause if its cocker thats really long ya know? please enlighten me...

AGD
05-01-2002, 09:08 PM
It's all the same length, looks different because of the tappering body.

AGD

fearc7
05-01-2002, 09:20 PM
cool thanks Tom, just wanted to clear that up:p

liigod
05-01-2002, 10:25 PM
when 900 years so old you reach, look sso ugly as that mag you'll not.

AssassN
05-01-2002, 10:51 PM
Lemme think aobut that one....:confused: :confused: :confused:

AssassN
05-01-2002, 10:52 PM
I GOT IT!!!!

In 900 years i won't look as ugly as that mag.

I bet $5 i am worse. :) (u got to be able to insult urself or life is boring)

jurassic
05-01-2002, 11:09 PM
YODA! YODA! YODA!
:D

fearc7
05-02-2002, 09:01 AM
it just looked longer yall know. looks like he added length to the body, but im wrong.:rolleyes:

personman
05-02-2002, 06:47 PM
This is probally the best HL mod ever!!!
http://www.planethalflife.com/yoda/

Magluvr
05-24-2002, 03:58 PM
Sorry, but I think that the Prototype mag is ugly. And what will be the benefit besides adding more weight to the gun and making it harder to clean. People should really look at what modifications will help the gun work better not what you personally think looks better.

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-24-2002, 05:19 PM
acuualy, the body will be made out of aluminum, it in theory should be lighter than the current SS models and still be 2wice the size. with the extra size people will be able to have milling done to there mags and make them "unique" like so many cockers out there, also you will be able to have them anodized unlike the SS bodys that can only be powdercoated.

Magluvr
05-25-2002, 09:43 AM
Well, if it is going to be lighter then that is a major plus. But making the gun bigger, that is a big downside. I want my gun to be as small and light as possible. Bulky and/or heavy guns don't appeal to me. That was one of the reasons I got the minimag; to keep the gun as compact as I could.

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-25-2002, 10:12 AM
ok u got a minimag when a automag body is smaller, and you are complaing about body size. well you are not the only person agd is targeting while selling these new bodys. agd is Problably trying to sell these to people that want to do soemthing with there guns but likes mags, and has alotta cocker barrels lying around

Magluvr
05-25-2002, 03:42 PM
Sorry about my unclear writing, I meant as big in circumference not big as in length. Length is no issue. But having the cocker barrels is only a disadvantage to the new mag owners since the gun will be losing so of its accuracy. One of the reasons that the gun is pretty accurate (like when comparing it to Spyders, and such) is because the ball doesn't have to hop from the breech into barrel, the ball is already in the barrel. So AGD would only be making its gun worse.