PDA

View Full Version : Kapp vs. Intelliframe

Packer fan
05-02-2002, 07:47 AM
Whats are some pro and cons on the two frames. I know the intelliframe can hook up to your revvy or warp. But how critical is that? If I understand this right, the intell. frame has a ball in the breech after every trigger pull, so virtually no ball breaks by chopping, right??? Please correct me if im wrong. You know what they say two wrongs dont make a right... tx guys:rolleyes:

Quiet
05-02-2002, 08:30 AM
The Intelliframe is also a sweet 2x frame, no side to side play in the trigger and a short pull. In my opinion the intellifeed capability is just icing on the cake.

Packer fan
05-02-2002, 08:45 AM
tx Quiet, another question..... Will this fit on a mag classichttp://store.airgun.com/agdprod/images/accessorie/MM_blk_all_med.jpg And if I purchase a retro will it fit with that body style? Will I need a different rail also?

speedballbanks
05-02-2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Quiet
The Intelliframe is also a sweet 2x frame, no side to side play in the trigger and a short pull. In my opinion the intellifeed capability is just icing on the cake.

i just bought one and i disagree don't get me wrong but i think the trigger frame need some work

first:there is side to side play mine has abuot 1/16 of an inch on either side.

second:the microswitch mount i thought that mine was deffective or something becuase i mount the microswitch on there and plug it to my warp and the warp won't stop spinning so i am like wtf finally i toy with it i am thinking that i wired it wrong but i am pretty good with electronics so i am like no way i wired it wrong so i loosen the nuts on the mount and mess with it it goes down a little i tighten it up and bam it works but i think they shuold have supplied a far better instructional manual especially for us warp owners.

shartley
05-02-2002, 09:23 AM
first:there is side to side play mine has abuot 1/16 of an inch on either side.
I have to confirm this… same with mine (if not a tad more). That leaves quite a lot of side to side play when you actually move it around.

This may sound bad, but I don’t think it is. But you can not say it has NO side to side play when you can rock it from one side of the frame to the other…. Might want to focus on “another” selling point. ;)

I still say IntelliFrame though. :D

cphilip
05-02-2002, 09:27 AM
I think he was meaning to say no play when compaired to the Benchy and Dye. In the Intelli its very minimal like described. But you want a little bit. Too tight can be a bind potential. But when gassed up its rock hard close and tight. Intelli is a nicer Grip than any aftermarket I have seen or owned.

shartley
05-02-2002, 09:34 AM
I think he was meaning to say no play when compaired to the Benchy and Dye. In the Intelli its very minimal like described. But you want a little bit. Too tight can be a bind potential. But when gassed up its rock hard close and tight. Intelli is a nicer Grip than any aftermarket I have seen or owned.
I have to agree! Too tight is a problem.. that is why I stated that it may sound bad, but it isn’t. :D

As for the grips… you could not be any more correct… they fit my hand like it was molded just for me. This brings up a slight problem for me with upcoming projects ;) I don’t like to downgrade… quality matters a lot to me. But I am sure it will work out just fine. :D Perfection is not just an end goal… it is the entire process. ;)

oldsoldier
05-02-2002, 11:06 AM
Speedballbanks; dont take offense to this, but you overlooked a critical point in hooking up the revvy. Did you cover the eye when testing it? Simple, but overlooked. If you dont cover the eye, it will spin constantly, as nothing is blocking thew sensor. If you did this already, then I have no idea what the problem is...but it is in the switch, not the frame.

speedballbanks
05-02-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by oldsoldier
Speedballbanks; dont take offense to this, but you overlooked a critical point in hooking up the revvy. Did you cover the eye when testing it? Simple, but overlooked. If you dont cover the eye, it will spin constantly, as nothing is blocking thew sensor. If you did this already, then I have no idea what the problem is...but it is in the switch, not the frame.

if yuo read my post you would notice that i hooked it up to my warp not my revvy. Shartley i can't agree with you more that this is one of the best frames i have felt it is just a little upseting when a 16 year old boy puts money into something and it doesn't work as described (or as fast anyway). but i do like the trigger frame alot better then my benchy and yes i understand that a 1/16 of an inch is alot better then an 1/8 of an inch. Cphillip yeah i know if there was no side to side play it would bind probably ware away and eventually create bad side to side play. but if your asking me for my choice i would deffinitely choose the intelliframe, deffinitely. the benchy first of all may seem like it has a softer trigger pull but if you don't pull it past that point of accuation it has about a 1'4 inch play behind the trigger and the intelliframe pretty much stops that problem so don't get me wrong i wouldn't ever go back to a benchy from after shooting the intelliframe i was just a little dissapointed when my warp to intelliframe didn't work....a little.

my thoughts
\/

a_malfunction
05-02-2002, 01:32 PM
You might have had the switch to close to the trigger rod. All you have to do is back it up a bit so that the rod isnt tripping the switch when you arent fireing the gun. Just loosen the screws, push the switch towards the back of the gun, tighten them. Do a bit of testing, you might have to move it around a bit.

luke
05-02-2002, 02:07 PM
second:the microswitch mount i thought that mine was deffective or something becuase i mount the microswitch on there and plug it to my warp and the warp won't stop spinning

Like a_malfunction said, you need to adjust the switch. Move it away from the trigger rod and see what happens. If you go too far it wont activate the switch either. There is a happy medium there somewhere................

MrAirgunRT
05-02-2002, 03:07 PM
Intelliframe all the way. I wouldn't use any other frame on my RT now.

Puddleglum
05-02-2002, 03:18 PM
Not to horn in on someone else's thread, but which trigger do you guys like better? My personal inclination I think would be the blade, but what do you like?

MrAirgunRT
05-02-2002, 03:21 PM
Groove, I really need both fingers to shoot quick. (I'm weird I shoot with my middle and ring finger too)

speedballbanks
05-02-2002, 05:45 PM
if you would read a little more you would have already noticed that i fixed the microswitch problem and puddle i would have to go with the blade deffinitely.

Puddleglum
05-02-2002, 06:06 PM
Thanks, now I just have to find someone who is selling one....................;)

speedballbanks
05-02-2002, 07:17 PM
yup anytime read this post before you hook it up though lol.

Quiet
05-02-2002, 07:35 PM
Wow, I was talking relative to other frames, of course there is a little. But none beyond what is necessary.

Packer - They all work together, no worries

Packer fan
05-02-2002, 09:08 PM
tx guys alot of useful info on it. This is the best forum I've ever seen.. You guys r awesome...:)

speedballbanks
05-02-2002, 09:13 PM
hey no problem that is why we are the best forum.

FooTemps
05-02-2002, 09:13 PM
Shameless self promotion from a AGD fanboy!!! AGD INTELLIFRAME!

lol...