PDA

View Full Version : opinion on impulse

AcemanPB
05-02-2002, 04:30 PM
i was thinking about getting an impulse, has any one here tried one and has any good/bad comments they would like to share

veritas
05-02-2002, 04:49 PM
I hear they are pretty good...it's from smart parts which is a plus to begin with and especially if u get it with the anti-chop eye...one thing...the trigger pull is scary adjustable almost to where u can breathe on it and have it fire...i saw one guy shoot the inside of his bunker to hell while trying to just lift his gun to shoot ...freakin funny..!

VBmag87
05-02-2002, 05:14 PM
The impulse is a good marker one of my teamate has one and it works really well he has never had any problems with it yet either. And yes you can adjust the trigger to be pretty short pull.And he also has the antichop eye that works really well:)

irbodden
05-02-2002, 05:27 PM
Vision Impulse is what I have. Does not chop, and with an aftermarket trigger, you can have literally NO trigger pull. Just touch it and it fires :D

Fast, quite and accurate. The Vision Impulse :D

The Frymarker
05-02-2002, 05:34 PM
Well I have to get in on this one!!!!!

First off, you shouldn't ask about other makers markers if you are on the AGD site.

But on the other hand..........

I love them! I have a Eclipse Impulse I have nothing but good to say about them.

I don't have the Vision Eye and I think it shoots just as well.

They are also very light and a freak barrel comes standard!

I highly recommend them.

http://www.nep8ball.com/pictures/haa%20pictures/grips/flameskul6.jpg

http://www.nep8ball.com/pictures/me.jpg

Valadian
05-02-2002, 05:38 PM
From everything I've read and heard, if you want to get the best (impulse that is) get yourself a RAT Impulse from E-Paintball outlet. Apparently as tricked out and customized as possible, supposedly great guns.

AcemanPB
05-02-2002, 05:59 PM
thanks for all the info, oh and the reason i asked about a smart parts gun on an AGD site is because i wanted an unbiased opinion and plus all of you know what your talkin about ;)

ronron2112
05-02-2002, 06:39 PM
a team mate has one.. broke every timewe played, the solonoid had several probs, then the LP reg was messed, and it still has its times, but hes spent HOURS tinkering with it, and it works nicely now. My advice would be to try out many set-ups, and play around with it untill you get it almost perfect.

irbodden
05-02-2002, 07:15 PM
Don't listen to the above comment. ;)

ronron2112
05-02-2002, 07:20 PM
err?????????????????????

im just sharing my experience with one. i do not own one tho.

Krazy Ivan
05-03-2002, 10:02 AM
Unadultered CRAP

Ok once I got that out of my system. The earlier one's sucked, but the newer evo's and other aftermarket ones aren't bad. Get rid of the trigger slop and all though. that's horrible!

Spaceman613
05-03-2002, 10:22 AM
The LP reg was crap?? what LP reg???

The gImp, doesnt have a second reg like the defiant or bushy or angel....

Do you mean the max flow? or was this one of the aftermarket add ones that use a rock? If so, its not a great representation of the gun from the factories.

btw, my friend has one and his only complaint is the on/off switch, it is too easy to turn on in the gun bag. But we will fix that soon.

ronron2112
05-03-2002, 01:45 PM
its the big block thing under the grip frame.. the red circled thing...

Spaceman613
05-03-2002, 02:04 PM
Thats called a MAX FLOW..... its the only reg the Imp uses. They do make mods for a LP reg, but dont come standard. I have yet to see more than a handfull done with LP regs.

The Imp is a very good gun, and the price is also a strong point. For the money, i think they are one of the best electros around. I would look into some of the "custom" versions, and for the extra bux, i would get the "vision" eye. Im in the process of looking at an Imp myself. Nothing but good luck locally with them, and I have yet to hear bad reports about them (aside from the usuals).

Good gun, good price.

AcemanPB
05-03-2002, 03:10 PM
thanks agian for the opinions, a guy at my field got a nasty impulse and i played a game with it and i was preety impressed, my only complaint is they seem tall to me or maybe i'm just used to my minimag

FiTiRPiLiT
05-03-2002, 04:21 PM
i'm going to go out on a limb and say that rat impulses with vision are possibly the best guns in existence. they are angel caliber DEFINITELY. i just came back from shooting my rat at my buddy's place. i brought 500 rounds with me and i was done in like 10 minutes :(. accurate, superfast, and consistent (had angel air and max-flow vert). they are relatively lightweight. best thing is with vision kiss chops goodbye. i am no stranger to fast guns, i owned 2 emags in the past. this puts them to shame in every way. the impy is a bit of a gas hog though, i'll admit that, and it is a little tall for some people, but it fits my shooting style perfect. i was gettign sick trigger bounce with my eclipse blade, his neighbor thought it was a woodpecker. LOL. check out my baby here: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86911

joeyjoe367
05-03-2002, 05:45 PM
My buddy shoots one of these, and I can say, it ROCKS. If I were looking for a cheap reliable electronic gun, This is where i'd go.

I don't think I'd get a drop-stock one tho, here's a few recommendations:

1: Eclipse or other blade trigger. Look sweet, feels great. Mostly preferance, so pick what you like

2: Vertical Max-Flow. Gets that huge Co2 Eatin' machine off of the bottomline area. Makes a good grip, and looks sweet.

3: Voodoo full flow vert. adapter. Separates the flow of air that goes from the max flow to the bolt, and to the solenoid. Makes sure that the solenoid doesn't get starved, and ensures high Cycling. I shot my buddie's IMpie with this adapter, and it shoots a lot nicer than most impies. I could actually shoot it faster than another guy's angel at the field.

Most of this stuff is preferance, but Those 3 things can really make a differance.

check out www.e-paintballoutlet.com

It's a sweet deal there, and get some "FoM-Love" on the trigger. His trigger work is Excellent.

AcemanPB
05-03-2002, 09:07 PM
thanks for all of your input, i've looked at and shot several immpies and i have to say i just like my mag better now i'm not saying the impulse is a bad marker i'm just saying the automags feel is more for me, maybe it's the mechanical trigger because i never really did like electro triggers that much, i mean sure i can fire faster but it feels like i'm not doing any work just clicking a mouse

oh and i thought impies were a little on the tall side, but one thing i did like is they had no kick at all

hey but then agian when i finish building my mag (aka win the lottery :D ) i think the impulse will be my next project:D

liigod
05-03-2002, 09:09 PM
they are tall, yes they do have kick, my buds eclipse impulse isnt really all that hot. first shot low. way to tall. God amount of kick. I dotn like the feel of the trigger. Not consistant. hes got vision too.

FiTiRPiLiT
05-04-2002, 12:59 AM
i don't really understand why the height of the gun matters. when you shoot you sight down the barrel right? well the barrel is at eye level regardless of what gun you are shooting, who cares what's beneath your face? from your eye level on up, all guns are the same unless you have a warp, so the tall gun argument is bogus.

AcemanPB
05-04-2002, 07:20 AM
not really... the smaller the gun the closer you can hug the bunker, plus it gives the gun a different feel in my opinon

Joe 90
05-04-2002, 02:15 PM
its true, the impulse is a really tall gun! most of the marshalls at my site have mags or impys.(my nickname for impulse's (wow, a plural!)) With a veiwloader on top, they are massive, and standout like a saw thumb. it just makes your target area bigger, and if your popping up or around your bunker, your hopper arrives about half hour before you do, giving anyone enough time to point their marker at you, or duck away. may sound silly, but it's true. out of the 4 that i've seen, only one had a problem, and that was with the max flow. triggers sweet, and it'll hose paint soo fast you'll be a pauper in no time :). not too consistant thouh, by that i mean theres about a 2 foot 'beaten zone', where as most mags have half that. depends on paint/barrel of cause, just saying what i've seen. hope that helps,
Eddie

FiTiRPiLiT
05-04-2002, 02:19 PM
that all depends on if you use a high or low rise, i use a low-rise, but i do agree the body is taller which offers a better target, but all guns are the same from the barrel up.

Nitroduck
05-04-2002, 02:35 PM
Impulses are nice.....But IMO I'd get a Bushmaster 2000........$450 (same price as a verticle impulse) and come with a Blade trigger, LPR, 2 piece barrel, ano and milling. If your running n2, its a better overall choice.

liigod
05-04-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by FiTiRPiLiT
that all depends on if you use a high or low rise, i use a low-rise, but i do agree the body is taller which offers a better target, but all guns are the same from the barrel up.

nope, they are umcomfortably tall.