PDA

View Full Version : Double trigger frames whats good/bad

Supatravis
05-02-2002, 09:23 PM
I have a benchmark trigger right now and I want some kind of double trigger with a short trigger pull but not sure if i wanna spend the money on the intellaframe since i cant hook it up to my richochet2k... Well my question is if the Intellaframe worth the money anyways or should i just go with a powerlyte double trigger and get to keep some cash for paint????

pumpamatic
05-02-2002, 10:30 PM
Dye double trigger, cheaper than a Intelliframe, almost as good pull, I can't imagine the Intelli being any more shorter, just a little bit less side-side play, for a lot more dough. I got mine used in mint condition at a very low price, never getting anything else. Some people have hooked up an intellifeed to a Dye frame.

Supatravis
05-02-2002, 10:40 PM
Does anyone know anything about the powerlyte double trigger that is what caught my eye cheap double trigger looks like a short trigger pull??

Xzion
05-02-2002, 11:40 PM
Don't forget, DYE frames new dont come with grips, or a trigger, which will add more to the overall cost to the frame to make it functional. If im not mistaken, the price after you add everything to make a DYE frame functional, is negligble to the Intelliframe, which comes stock with arguably the best trigger and fit of all the aftermarket frames, along with DYE stickie grips stock. Another thing you have to worry about, is since the DYE frames tend to have a good deal of slack when it comes to tolerences, which can potentially make for a lousy fit, and performance of the frame.

The Intelliframe WILL fit perfectly to your 'mag, because its made by AGD and fits under their -precice- tolerences. I personally prefer doing thigs properly the first time around, therefore, if I have to wait a little longer to save more cash to get an overall better product, I'll do so, because in the end, I'll be much happier.

As for the powerlyte frames, Ive heard the have the same problem as the DYE frame on the varying tolerence level, making performance uncertian until you actually try the frame you get on your setup. I'd go with Intelliframe. Comes with everything you need out of the box, is aruably the best aftermarket mag 2x frame on the market, and has intellifeed link optional.

Hope this helps to some degree.

FrAuStY
05-03-2002, 10:10 AM
I have shot mags with hyperframe, bye and benchy frames. I will say.. none of them compare to the Intelliframe. The only other one I would look at is the Z-Grip.. which I heard rumor AGD is working an an Intelli-Z frame (Z-grip with mounts to intellifeed, like the intellframe) which will completely rock. I love my intelli-frame and the only thing I'd trade it for would be the Intelli-Z. The hyperframe (Electric) had a very uncomfortable grip angle. Hard to use way up high.. it had to be held out front for the most comfort. The Benchmark was very sloppy, had play on all four sides of trigger. Same with the dye, very bad tolerance issues. Like Zxion mentioned.. with DYE, all you get is a frame. You have to buy a safety pin, spring, and ball. (For tourneys anyway) Trigger, and grips. By the time you buy all this its like 90-100$?! Go with the intelli for that much..you already get everything! Just bolt it on and its ready to go.. No adjusting, no tinkering etc. Thats just my opinion :)

Xzion
05-04-2002, 12:55 AM
If im not mistaken, you even have to tap out a hole in the DYE frame to even consider putting a saftey in. Along with figuring out where hole for the safety is suppose to be located for it to actually work properly.

Supatravis
07-04-2002, 10:50 PM