PDA

View Full Version : OH What s that ?

Whisky
07-03-2001, 03:31 PM
Sand got in my valve so i had to clean it, so i took it all apart and started to wipe and clean every parts. But here`s the surprise, there is that little washer laying there on my towel. What s that, i said to my self, does it come from MY marker. So i looked at the .pdf file on airgun site and i can`t find anything about a washer. Does anybody knows.?
Thank You
-Rej

MAGgot Man
07-03-2001, 03:36 PM
You might want to check your Regulator piston Very carefully. There are some washer type things on it. Make sure they are all there and that none have split or broken.

Whisky
07-03-2001, 03:39 PM
no it is not a black washer that are on the regulator spring pack it is a stanless washer.

BradPalooza
07-03-2001, 03:45 PM
could it be the one for the front grip screw? I can't think of any washers INSIDE the valve.

Miscue
07-03-2001, 03:46 PM
Oh man. You're gonna have to buy a new gun now. http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

I've never seen that kinda part before... got me curious now.

Well, maybe somebody replaced the black one that goes on the body screw? A shim from the screws on your dropforward?

------------------
'Sacrifice the Body'
68 PF - HyperFrame - 68 Flatline - SS BigShot

Miscue's Profile (http://www.liquidmagma.com/automags/miscue.php)

[This message has been edited by Miscue (edited 07-03-2001).]

OXidE
07-03-2001, 04:24 PM
R U sure it is from your gun. and not from some where else, this is on your E-mag right.

Cha0tic
07-03-2001, 04:59 PM
well, gas that sucker up and see if it works. if it shoots air out of one of the openings, the washer goes to your gun

c sherer
11-04-2002, 11:57 PM
did a search and found this old one..

I have the same issue. a small SS washer (looks like a runofthemill washer from a hardware store) is between the regulator nut and the spring pack.
The gun came NIB with this in there and i've kept it in ever since (8 years).

My question: What purpose does it serve? Is it supposed to be there? Could it contribute to erratic velocity (+/- 15fps)?

I've taken apart literally hundreds of mags over the years and occasionally I find them. sometimes two.

CSherer

battlegroup
11-05-2002, 12:31 AM
I have a classic mag that used to vent out the back whenever I tried to go above 270fps. I gave the allen screw in the reg piston a turn or two and this fixed the problem. But when I turned my velocity up enough to shoot around 290fps, there weren't enough threads on the adjuster to attach my tournament lock. So a few stainless steel washers from the local hardware store between the adjuster and the spring pack, and I can attach the tournamnet lock again.

That's what I used them for.