PDA

View Full Version : Z-grip mag w/ custom grips (pic)

Smokee_2_7
05-03-2002, 01:17 AM
finally, pics of my completed z-grip mag, although the picture quality is nothing short of terrible. Ill try again tomorrow.

FYI, the flame job was done by Load SM5. as well as the grip panels. they're really comfortable.

Xzion
05-03-2002, 01:37 AM
Wow, great looking setup man, very shiny :)

Smokee_2_7
05-03-2002, 01:41 AM
thanks, this lil one has been about a year and a half in the making. Still trying to scrape together some extra cash to slap a retro in it. Unfortunately, that might be a little while in the future. I gotta quit buying nitro systems. lol. i would put up a pic of my other mag, but those came out too bad to even post.

Croix71
05-03-2002, 01:42 AM
Looks good to me! :D

Ultimator
05-03-2002, 06:19 AM
I'm from Mobile and you Mag looks exactly like someone I know. Do you play at Xtreme Paintball?

shartley
05-03-2002, 06:37 AM
Well, most on here know that I am pretty much NOT a “flashy” Marker guy.. but I have to say, THAT is VERY nice.

It reminds me of a Classic Hot Rod. The “chrome” to black is in good proportion. The lines are clean and work together well.

I also like that you put a tank cover on it… they really clean up a marker’s looks.

Good job. :) Definitely a marker I would be proud to show at fields….

Load SM5
05-03-2002, 07:10 AM
Looks good Carl.

Did the flame drome not work? Too far forward? I can't wait to see that in person in a few weeks.

BTAutoMag
05-03-2002, 07:47 AM
ooo shiney me likes the little precious

luke
05-03-2002, 08:04 AM
Yes! Very nice

Panzerr
05-03-2002, 08:44 AM
Is the flame pattern painted on? How much did it set you back?

Yudanja
05-03-2002, 09:19 AM
wow! that is a sleek marker. Totally nice and unique look (that I have seen)

soilent green
05-03-2002, 12:37 PM
nice what a beauty its like mine but I got a warp and no fore grip yet

Phantom_Allstar
05-03-2002, 06:38 PM
very very nice.

Smokee_2_7
05-03-2002, 08:42 PM
Wow! thanks for the compliments.
Ultimator,

Yes, I work at extreme paintball - - - Carl.
If you saw my gun out on the field, that must have been a couple weeks ago when i let mike play a few games with it. LOL. . . he was constantly commenting on how weird the z-grip looked, and how much he 'never was a mag guy. . ' then he decided that he wanted to try it out at least once. Well, after the 2nd game he told me he absolutely LOVED it. Its looking like he might have me build one up for him almost just like it.

Shartley,

Thanks- - i agree with you completely on the overall appearance of the marker. The funny thing is, it wasnt planned out that way. It just kinda happened. Sometime around January is when I realized exactly what i wanted this gun to look like. You can thank Loadsm5 for the flames- - - that was his idea completely. When he was experimenting with the whole custom emag-grip thing, we thought itd be cool to see if he could do some for my z-grip. The grips came out great, but then he tells me about this "idea" he has- - - somthing about putting chrome flames inside the clear pannels. Then, he had the idea to add the ones on the mainbody. I absolutely love the way it came out. Originally i wanted to put a matching CP flame drop on it, but. . . .

Jeff,
No, unfortunately not. The drop is just too big. It hits the forgrip, and i realized that it would move my tank WAY to far forward. The grip itself moves it a loooong way up. IF i took the forgrip off and made it fit, the back of the gun would be behind the back of the tank. . . . a little TOO compact for me. Oh well, they just dont make a flame one small enough. . .

BTAutomag,

MY PRECIOUS!!!!!!
MIIINNNNNNEEEEE!!!

(for those of you in the dark, The lord of the rings is great stuff. . . )

Panzerr,
No, the flame patters are actually stickers (ok, 'decals' if ya wanna be proper about it.) Custom made by Load SM5. great looking stuff. . . .

I will eventually put a warp on this gun. need extra cash first. . . lol. Also, a retro valve is on the way for it eventually. Unfortunately, my plans for my mags kinda got put on hold when i wound up buying that "other gun" back in august. lol. . .SO of course my first warp went on that one. When I do warp this one, it will be a clear shell, with hopefully (if i can talk Load into it,) a matching flame pattern on the inside of the shell.

Clare
05-03-2002, 08:49 PM
Smokee_2_7, that's awesome! me like

Smokee_2_7
05-03-2002, 09:10 PM
thanks, cap.
Here's a little bit better pic like i promised.

AcemanPB
05-03-2002, 09:17 PM
wow... that's cool

Load SM5
05-03-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Smokee_2_7
When I do warp this one, it will be a clear shell, with hopefully (if i can talk Load into it,) a matching flame pattern on the inside of the shell.

Go ahead...I'm listening;)

Smokee_2_7
05-03-2002, 09:59 PM
SWEEEET!!!. do ya see what im going for here? The only thing im worried about is that ya cant do it on the inside due the little 'walls' and stuff inside the shell. At anyrate, it'll be a while before i have it anyway. It will look pretty dang good when it's done, though.

the other cool thing i have going is that the flatline is on the dovetail mount. This way, i dont need a 'quick disconnect' block. 30 seconds and a 3/32 allen wrench and i have the air switched over to my other mag - - - which now has that flame drop. The 'new' flatline came with the cradel- - - that one is on the angel. Oh yeah, check out the pics of that one over in the angel pic thread. Its really not that pretty, (Ive GOT to match some stuff up. . . UGLY warp shell :( . ) but dang. . . its absolutely rollin. Definitly like the gun. However, i still cant wait till i can replace it w/ a c&c extreme.

Ultimator
05-03-2002, 10:51 PM
Ahh Carl ... isn't that odd? I've been scanning these forums looking to buy that R/t me and you talked about. It's been 2 weeks since I've played Paintball up there .. but I'm got about $30 spare so I might pick up about 500 rounds and play a few games up there tomorrow (saturday) .. all depends on if I can get a ride.

See ya then.

Chupe
09-01-2002, 05:58 PM
wow! nice gun! how does it shoot?

boomerfoxtrot
09-01-2002, 06:08 PM
what size tank are you using? cause I have a flame drop on my Z and my 68CI comes about 2"-2 1/2" back of my gun... just right for me =]

nice job! looks great, now .. I know you have to have rT valve in it... to do it justice. :cool:

Smokee_2_7
09-01-2002, 07:52 PM
im using a 68ci tank on that gun. unfortuntely, the flame drop wont work because of the size of the foregrip. . . . . the drop hits it. however, it feels great with that CP micro drop on there.

magman007
09-01-2002, 07:56 PM
hey, what kind of grip frame is that on the mag above yours on the rack? i havnt seen that before.

boomerfoxtrot
09-01-2002, 09:05 PM
I'm not using a forgrip on my minimag rT, so that would explain that. I like the gun, looks sharp!

See you can make a Mag Flashy like all the other guns.

Smokee_2_7
09-01-2002, 09:06 PM
the mag above mine on the rack is, well, . . mine too.

That frame was made by a company called performance paintball products about 4 or 5 years ago. The company is no longer in business, and my frame is the only one like it ive ever seen. Personally, i like it better than an intelliframe. Super short pull. It takes grips just like the stock singel trigger. here's a better picture

magman007
09-01-2002, 09:12 PM
hey thats pretty sweet. Thats cool to have a one thing kinda thing. HAHA why the vl grips tho? the ags stock oned didnt float your boat?

also, i find wood grips to be excessively cloefortable!

davidb
09-01-2002, 10:28 PM
WOW... I mean, I thought it was awesome when I saw the first pic, but after the second one- WOW!!

Smokee_2_7
09-02-2002, 01:17 PM
magman007, when i got that frame, i didnt know that agd made any grips other than the plastic panels that were on the single trigger stock frame. so, the VL grips were a huge improvement. i might be able to snag some wood gips that will in fit it, they are a lovely blue-green color. When/ if i get those on it, i will stick some new pics up.

Gitaroo Man
09-02-2002, 01:45 PM
sweetnisity

MagKoko
09-02-2002, 05:07 PM
noice ;)

Chupe
09-02-2002, 07:01 PM
i like those grip pannels. very nice!

Smokee_2_7
09-02-2002, 09:56 PM
PM loadSM5 for all you custom grip panel needs.

Load SM5
09-02-2002, 10:06 PM
Heheh shamless plug, thanks.

Smokee_2_7
09-03-2002, 09:56 AM
lol. just doin what i can, when i can.

oh yeah, load, pm me. . .i got news for ya. . .