PDA

View Full Version : Check out this new product I discovered...

DiRTyBuNNy
05-03-2002, 02:17 AM
and no..I'm not getting any money for this..I just picked a set of these up on eBay..man..I was just playing around with them at home and their a godsend...helps pour paint into your pods, hoppers, whatever...makes it nice and quick and easy..they're called Paintball Feeders and you find them at PBfeeder.com Like i said before i'm not getting paid for this is just a truly original idea and i wanted to share it with everybody...

irbodden
05-03-2002, 06:13 AM
You can just make that yourself.

The box type thing itsself is used for variety of home purposes, get one of those and an old pod. Cut awhole in the lid, and cut off the top few inches of the pod WITH the lid and hot glue it in there. Very easy :D

shartley
05-03-2002, 07:02 AM
Yes, that is a great idea…. Not sure I would buy it, but shows good thinking.

You can also get one of those “Cereal Containers” that are clear plastic, has a large lid with a smaller spout lid that flips out. I use them for my sugar (yes I go through a lot of sugar.. LOL) and they are very easy to pore even when filled with sugar (which is much heavier than if it was filled with paintballs), the top has NEVER come off while poring, and the spout is fantastic. You can get them in almost any large store like Walmart…. And fairly inexpensively. I believe Rubbermaid makes them but sure Tupperwere(sp?) does as well…

after note…

Well, I went and looked at Rubbermaid’s site and could not find a good pic of the product I was thinking about. Their Cereal Holder was actually rather cheap…. So I went looking for the exact product I use…. And it is made by Buddeez (www.buddeez.com). You can STILL get these at Walmart though…. I think…
http://buddeez.com/PANTRYpic.gif

I use the largest size they show here. But I don’t keep the sugar IN the bag. I LOVE that container. And like I said it would work GREAT for paintballs… not unlike what irbodden said… but without having to modify anything.

BTAutoMag
05-03-2002, 07:52 AM
thats great... how much do they cost?

shartley
05-03-2002, 08:26 AM
I am not sure who you were asking, and for what product… so…

The PBFeeder (Shown by DiRTyBuNNy) Costs: (Taken directly from their site)

$9.95 + $5.95 shipping $15.90 total for each one
2 for $17.95 + $5.95 shipping $23.90 total!

The Buddeez container I showed I am not sure about, but am sure it was not any more than the price for the other container…. And less because there is no S&H. I called Walmart and that is evidently NOT where I got mine at… LOL They checked and said they didn’t have it.. only Rubbermaid.

I tried to call the Buddeez company directly to see where they sell them at and for what price, but they are in MO, and not open yet…. Noone can say I don’t try… LOL I will give them a call in about an hour and get all the information for you.

(about 10 seconds later…)
I just checked their site again (Buddeez) and you can get them directly from them as well online! DUH! LOL

The prices are about the same, but I think you can fit MORE in the Buddeez container. They also have many sizes to choose from.

The link is http://store.yahoo.com/buddeezstore/evonitsec.html .

But as with most things, I am sure you can get them cheaper at a local store (and definitely at least $5 cheaper because of NO S&H), so I will check to see where they retail at for you when they open.

Oh.. another nice feature is that they actually have 2 spouts in the lid. One larger one, and a smaller flip out that looks like it will pour them out darn near one at a time, but quickly. This would be great for filling pods as well as hoppers.

Hope this helps.

sicones
05-03-2002, 01:11 PM
15 dollars for an empty cat food container!!!

TigerMan
05-03-2002, 03:25 PM
That looks like the container the food I buy for my dog comes in. Bought the same size and shape. I'll see if I can cut a large hole for my pod because that is a good idea and I always spill small amounts of paint when filling my pods and hopper.

ramsee1
05-03-2002, 03:48 PM
It's sort of interesting but like mentioned above, it's easy to make one. And even at that, you still have to empty your bag of balls into the same size neck as a hopper.

sicones
05-03-2002, 04:25 PM
nooo that neck is defiantly bigger

ben_JD
05-03-2002, 04:33 PM
Shartley,

Just how much sugar does a man need to consume before he starts to look for a more convenient way to dispense it? Perhaps you should start stocking up on insulin now.

:)

shartley
05-03-2002, 04:42 PM
ben_JD
LOL

I drink at least a pot of coffee a day. And I have one of those restaurant style sugar dispensers (round glass with the shiny metal screw on tops with the hinged pouring flap) for every day use, but it is SO much easier to store the sugar in the larger container (as shown) and fill up the other one from it. Of course I don’t use the “sugar” size, I use the largest one they sell… LOL We do a lot of baking at my house too… so it is actually not JUST for me. ;) But I DO go through a lot of sugar…….

I also have a VERY fast metabolism….. should have slowed down.. but NOOOOOOOO. LOL Want to get a good mental picture of me in the morning though? Remember THE FLY with Jef Goldbloom…. ;)

Skoad
05-03-2002, 04:44 PM
i just fill my hopper with pods....

ramsee1
05-03-2002, 04:52 PM
my bad I didn't see the screw off lid. :eek:

shartley
05-04-2002, 09:26 AM
Update…

This is what I got back when I requested a list of all the stores they sell to… you will see that they THINK I was asking about ME selling their products. I can assure you that I did not even give them that impression. I am usually very clear on what I need…. LOL

Thanks for your interest in our products and for visiting our website. Wal*Mart does in fact stock our products. At this point in time they only stock our cereal dispenser. In the past they have sold several other of our items. The stores frequently tell consumers that the product has been discontinued or never been sold at their location when the corporate office makes a decision to not carry certain items in the stores. We have distribution in many local, regional and national retailers for our products. If you could let me know your geographic location and which particular Buddeez, Inc. item you are looking for I can direct you into a location. Also, you can purchase these items via our website www.buddeez.com. As for your request about selling these items to the retail class-of-trade, that is not possible at this or most likely in other point in time. We have a sales network established across the United States and our items have been presented to virtually every retailer that has multiple store locations in the country. Please contact me again if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Mark Horstman
Buddeez, Inc.

But as I was referring to the cereal dispenser for Paintball use anyway… go check at Wal*Mart! HeeHee But from this response, it sounds like you should not have a problem finding them in many stores.

TigerMan
05-04-2002, 10:32 AM
Lol that's funny that they think you want to sell stuff. The letter must be a standard thing they send in response to email which could explain why they have the thought of you wanting to sell stuff.