PDA

View Full Version : RT works with fixed pressure, but Not FLATLINE, why?

JEDI
05-03-2002, 09:03 AM
My new RT pro works with a fixed pressure crossfire tank- normal semi speed trigger pull. Yesterday I put my new flatline on and I get two shots before the gun dies. It takes a few seconds to recharge the trigger pin. I've tried adjusting the input pressure up and down from like 400 up to 800, and nothing. What am I doing wrong? Where is my "worlds fastest recharging marker"?

FrAuStY
05-03-2002, 12:50 PM
I'd say first check the obvious if you haven't. If the tank is full and output pressure is around 750 psi, hold the macro line pointed away from you and make sure you hold it tight. Open the on/off on the tank. Make sure its flowing LOTS of air. Should sound like an airplane. (whistle) If it is, how are you delivering the Air to the gun? Macro? SS? I know you had to mod it unless you used a remote? Try to run a piece of macro directly from the output on flatline to the input of you pro. Hold trigger down.. turn on your air, release and fire see if it shoots or not. It sounds to me like the flatline just isn't supllying enough air. Like maybe on one of your fittings (gas-through foregrip etc.) the teflon tape got stretched over the end and doubled up. I've had no problems with my flatline and no one else I've seen with them have anything bad to say. Good luck :eek:

JEDI
05-03-2002, 01:13 PM
Thanks, I'll check that teflon tape/ air flow idea. There is tape on it so i'll check

BlackVCG
05-03-2002, 05:06 PM
Was your Flatline brand new out of the box? If not, unscrew the velocity adjuster all the way with the on/off in the OFF position. Pull out the spring pack. You should have the large washer end facing in towards the tank. Check the Flatline maintenance thread for proper orientation.