PDA

View Full Version : My Redrider 'Rainbow' Powdercoat!! [pics]

Xzion
05-03-2002, 03:34 PM
YEA! I finally got my purple/rainbow mainbody back from redrider, apparently he wanted to show some people it, and I don't blame him! its fantastic! The pictures dont really show the holgraphicy rainbow effect well, but I'll post more when the sun comes out, and hopefully get a really good shot of the rainbow effect.

I'f your not familiar with whats been done, basically RedRider did his 'anodize' purple and put small metallic flakes in it that create a holographic look of sorts when in direct light. The pictures really don't do it justice in the least.

Xzion
05-03-2002, 03:36 PM
Here's Another.

Xzion
05-03-2002, 03:38 PM
Heres a closeup, that shows the effect a little better.

FatMan
05-03-2002, 03:40 PM
Hey, that kicks! I don't know about the green drop forward, but the powder job is sweet!

FatMan

Jonno06
05-03-2002, 03:40 PM
that is reALLY sweet,get some pics once the sun come out too...

i love pics....

Ultimator
05-03-2002, 03:50 PM
That looks awesome! Props to you and Redrider definately!

Xzion
05-03-2002, 03:52 PM
Yeah, it sort of does clash. Im hopefully going to be having it re-anodized black so it wont clash nearly as much, but its the only drop I have ATM.... I knew I should have bought the black drop in the first place lol. At least it matched my black/green/silver splash body rail at the time :D

PaInTbALL zAcH
05-03-2002, 03:54 PM
see if load can make you some nice purple grips for the zgrip. thatd be so sweet

SlipknotX556
05-03-2002, 04:15 PM
Nice!

Fred
05-03-2002, 04:19 PM
I imagine if you get that Drop-Zone coated to match the body... it would be much cooler IMO.

I like Z-grips... that's slick!

sicones
05-03-2002, 04:21 PM
Nice powder coating, but what the hell is with all this purple????

Bentley
05-03-2002, 04:22 PM
hey where did you get that trigger frame? and is it comfortable?

personman
05-03-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by PaInTbALL zAcH
see if load can make you some nice purple grips for the zgrip. thatd be so sweet
Ask Heather too.

I dunno, I kinda like the green drop.

Xzion
05-03-2002, 04:53 PM
PaInTbALL zAcH; maybe I should see if he could make some comfy 'dragon scale' type grip panels for my Z-Grip, now that would be pretty spiffy :D

Fred; If I can ever gather the cash to pick up myself a Flatline tank, I'll probably end up getting a Shocktech drop for it, and have that powdercoated. Since the bracket on the DZII clamps down onto the drop forward bar, I figured it might not fit properly, which is why Im opting to have it done black, so I know it'll match with any future makrers that I may use it on. :)

sicones; Thanx, I suppose Redrider deserves all the credit there lol... Havn't you been in the loop? Purple rocks dontcha know! :D

Bentley; It's called a Z-Grip, and it was made by AGD several years ago, but since it never really took off, they only made the first run of like 500 grips, and thats it, so theyre somewhat of a collectors item at the moment. But, AGD does have plans on the back burner to redesign, and reproduce another run of Z-Grips once they get all the other more important stuff done first. And yes, it is extremely comfortable, I love my Z-Grip. :)

personman; Heather? can't say im familiar with whom your talking about :confused: :-D

Clare
05-03-2002, 04:54 PM
Heyyyy that color looks REALLY familiar! real nice! :D

DiRTyBuNNy
05-03-2002, 04:55 PM
i think it's time for you eMag to get the same treatment CaPo...

Clare
05-03-2002, 04:56 PM
nah I already have that color on my Hello Kitty mag, I want to do something different to the emag! :D

Xzion
05-03-2002, 05:06 PM
CaPoEiRa; bout time you showed up hehe, and yeah, it does look familair, doesn't it hehe ;)

I think i'd look even better on an emag, all sorts of surfaces to shine on an e-mag! maybe you should do your emag the rainbow powdercoat, and have your hello kitty mag re-powdercoated ;)

Creative Mayhem
05-03-2002, 05:07 PM
Xzion That's the shizz man! I think you should keep the drop and just chrome it and the grip. It would add some contrast to the excellent job redrider did. Just my .02:D

Clare
05-03-2002, 06:10 PM
The Hello Kitty mag repowdercoated!? have you gone mad? :p

I'm probably just going to get the translucent purple on the emag! :)

Xzion
05-03-2002, 06:38 PM
Creative Mayhem; I considerd that, but im not big on chrome on my paintball markers, dunno why.... becides, the shocktech drop would be much more functional and wouldnt need altering for me to fit a Flatline on it. I think a glossy black would be a better contrast IMO :D

CaPoEiRa; do you really need to ask that question? lol the rainbow powdercoat would look best on the e-mag IMO, so there :P :D

dansim
05-03-2002, 06:50 PM
heather is the frymarker(sp ) you know the grip gurl

Xzion
05-03-2002, 07:27 PM
dansim; the frymarker??? and actually, I dont know hehe... I feel so outta the loop. I'll try a search on the forum :) does she have a website or something? :)

Clare
05-03-2002, 07:31 PM
Heather is the one who made my hello kitty Grips!

Quiet
05-03-2002, 08:18 PM
I think there is something wrong with me......I actually LIKE the look of the green drop with the purple.

There does seem to be a purple thing going around here - I blame CaPo

Clare
05-03-2002, 08:31 PM
There does seem to be a purple thing going around here - I blame CaPo

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/images/smilies/wink2.gif

Quiet
05-03-2002, 08:41 PM
Just some friendly ribbing:DI like purple too :D

What kind of smily is that^^^^

Clare
05-03-2002, 08:43 PM
it's my "heh heh you know it" smiley.... or something like it :D

liigod
05-03-2002, 09:01 PM
i love it!

dansim
05-03-2002, 09:17 PM
yeah head over to the dealer form and look at custom grips its a post started by capo

PaInTbALL zAcH
05-03-2002, 10:22 PM
oh and a purple freak tip- thatd be good

Xzion
05-03-2002, 10:37 PM
Well, I gave the 'grip gurl' an e-mail, so we'll see what happens hehe.... and This dragons always liked purple, heck,this dragon IS purple lol, and hopefully he'll have some custom dragon scale grips to go with it :)

How can anyone like the green drop with the black/purple lol reality is stranger than fiction sometimes :D All I can tell you, its not going to stay green forever, thats for sure hehe. you people are nuts :D

Purple freak tip?? I dun think i'd look right. With the black, it accents the mainbody, but doesn't distract from it... that make any logic? :)

Army
05-03-2002, 10:42 PM
Gee, you're powdercoat came out all smooth and shiny, must have been done by a true professional......http://www.pbreview.com/forums/images/smilies/wink2.gif

Clare
05-03-2002, 10:44 PM
http://www.pbreview.com/forums/images/smilies/wink2.gif you like that one don't you, army! :p

Xzion
05-03-2002, 10:53 PM
LOL! Be nice now army ;) :p

p8ntballa
05-04-2002, 07:14 AM
Thats nice. Mine looks just like it but no rainbow, just all black and red. My freak tip was a litle sloppy with some over spray that got past some tape or something, but I fixed it. He did a nice job for like 10 guns in one night.

Xzion
05-04-2002, 10:57 AM
Actually, I don't think its one of the ones he did in that large bunch of jobs, he had done it awhile ago, and asked me if he could keep it awhile longer in order to show it to some people. Since I had no urgent need for the mainbody, letting him hold onto it for awhile longer wasnt a problem. :)

I don't think powdercoated barrels ever come out -quite- right, perhaps im just too picky. I'f anything, I'd have barrels anodized, but thats just me :)

Hey! the sun decided to show itself today! So, heres a few more pics :)

Jonno06
05-04-2002, 11:10 AM
where did you get the RT minimag sticker???

very sweet looking gun...

Xzion
05-04-2002, 11:24 AM
One More!

Xzion
05-04-2002, 11:31 AM
This one shows the holographic rainbow effect rather well.

Jonno06; the Minimag RT 'sticker' I made myself, obviously using the MinimaG and 'RT' Logos. Its not really a sticker, I just printed it out, and used clear packing tape to adhere it, and help protect it against paint and whatnot. Its a kinda sloppy job, but you can't really tell in pics :D

Xzion
05-04-2002, 07:20 PM
Well, Ive been talking to The Frymarker, and it looks like sometime in the future, my Z-Grip is gonna get some custom grips afterall, thanks for pointing her work out to me! :)

marley618
05-04-2002, 09:14 PM
How much did that cost? And how long did it take to get it back (from the day you sent it untill the day you got it back)??

Xzion
05-04-2002, 09:34 PM
Well, for me he did it for free, as he was fixing up the first powdercoat job I had on it, though for this particular one, I think its like $35 USD or something.

As for how long it took, it was a couple months, but thats not a normal turn around, things came up with family, and he kept it a little longer to show people and whatnot, so don't take this particular turn around time as the norm, as it was litterd with all sorts of little delays that couldnt be avoided. That and the fact I as much as told he could send it back whenever, as I didn't need the mainbody to have a functioning mag, seeing as I have a spare mainbody.

If you want more solid answers as to cost, and normal turn around time, contact RedRider at [email protected]

FooTemps
05-04-2002, 11:49 PM
That is mad sweet!
I'm kinda at a loss fer words fyi... lol

Xzion
05-05-2002, 01:11 AM
LOL FooTemps, this is what, the first time, EVER youve been at a loss for words? :D

Ultimator
05-05-2002, 09:39 AM
How can you stand shooting the gun with the tank 3 inches under the back of the valve?

Maybe it's just me.

Xzion
05-05-2002, 02:13 PM
Ultimator; Firstoff, the tank isnt 3" under the back of the valve, its more like an inch at most, if even that, its more like half an inch. Which, puts the valve right up in front of my face, so I can sight down the body/barrel, and in a perfect position IMO. As it's been said, 'to each their own'. it does make one nice tight setup for sure :)

MrShutter
05-05-2002, 02:45 PM
That's awesome. Great job redrider!

VBmag87
05-05-2002, 02:54 PM
VERY NICE!!!!:D

Xzion
05-05-2002, 08:53 PM
every time I get to see Redriders work, its always a privlidge, even the first powdercoat job he did for me, which wasn't exactly perfect, looked pretty awsome... he even re-did the body (this body actually) for free... Redrider is quite talented, and an awsome person to boot, now, everyone, go get redrider to powdercoat your markers! WOOT WOOT! :D

Thanx for all the compliments regarding my mag as well everybody :)