PDA

View Full Version : 'electro-z'

rjvemt1
05-03-2002, 09:16 PM
a member named lloyd came up with this one so i cant claim it as my own, i wish i could though its pretty sweet. the title speeks for itself. think tk might consider biuldin an electric z-grip? the best of both worlds; comfortand speed!

PyRo
05-03-2002, 09:31 PM
Their have been numerous discussions on this already. The main problem is the fact that it would be so expensive to produce, then only a few would be sold. This is based on the sales of the original z-grip, which didn't do too well.

Xzion
05-04-2002, 12:50 AM
PyRo pretty much sumed it all up... I'd be awsome, but not very practical or cost effective for AGD or anyone who makes a custom Electro Z-Grip.

rjvemt1
05-04-2002, 09:14 AM
wow, the good news never stops! why would it be any more expensive than a hyperframe? inteligrip features could also be added so that revy control would be availible in an electric frame that sported the 'what the heck is that' style of the z-grip and the eye catching agd logo:)

Xzion
05-04-2002, 08:17 PM
you see, with the Z-Grip, you cant put the solenoid along the hollow grip frame, as it points the solinoid in the wrong direction. The Z-Grip is angled forward / (presume left is the way the barrel is pointing) but, in order to get the solenoid to pull in the right direction, i'd have to be angled like in the E-Mag or Hyperframe grip, like this \. to do that, you'd have to do some serious redesigning of the Z-Grip making it imposible to 'retro fit' aftermarket electronics into the Z-Grip. In order for it to work, you'd need to completely redesign the internals of the Z-Grip to get the solinoid facing the right way, without it sticking out of the grip.

Since you'd have to mill a completely new grip, and probably end up doing some pretty tricky milling just to get it to work, the price just sky rockets even more, tack it onto a product that they took 5 years to sell the first and only batch of mechenical Z-Grips ever made, goes to reason that they won't sell many electo versions, therefore also making it a very specialized, few in quantity, and ultimatly, extremely expensive grip frame, because they have to charge more per frame, since they only made such a low number, of a tricky to produce, specialized product. In the end, when push comes to shove, sure, it would be awsome, it probably could be done, but to produce, its going to be very few in quantity due to the skyrocketing price tag in order to cover costs.

I hope this cleared things up somewhat for you.