PDA

View Full Version : Tom how about an Angled ASA?

Krazy Ivan
05-03-2002, 11:02 PM
Who here would like to be able to get a ASA from the factory? Kind of like the way WGP adopted KAPP's angled ASA for the Cocker.

This way you can make it much easier to find a Gas-thru that will fit with a decent dorp-forward on a mini-mag!

theraidenproject
05-03-2002, 11:27 PM
That'd be cool, but i already have one. To me, holding a warp without one just isn't comfortable. I can finally get my whole hand around the foregrip, not just my four fingers, with my thumb sticking stright up. Mine doesn't really "flow" with the rest of thr gun right now, but that's because I need to get the body rail carved, too, once i get the $ (VERY soon, tyson).
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=299141
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=299151

RT pRo AuToMaG
05-04-2002, 12:15 AM
there is no need for TK to go out of his way to make an angled ASA. appearently, someone allready makes them by looking at the pic above.

Snooky
05-04-2002, 01:47 AM
I hate the angled asa's. If you want an angled asa go buy a cocker. What needs to be done is make the rail for the mags slightly longer so that any foregrip can fit with the intelli's.

Krazy Ivan
05-04-2002, 04:06 AM
To get a angled ASA you have to custom order it, and have it custom milled. A little expensive for one. And secondly you never know what it will come out like, you can't get a standard size angled ASA like the cocker one's milled for you. The machinist has to do something like the one pictured above. (Which I'm sorry but it's not my bag, not big on the how thin it gets).

Erick
05-04-2002, 07:32 AM
why would it have to be a asa what about a fore grip.

Krazy Ivan
05-04-2002, 12:01 PM
Look at the 68 classics, they have to have huge 6-10 inch hoses to reach from the valve to the tank. On a mini with an ASA they can put a gas-thru on and have a much cleaner look to it. It's more to get the hose out of the way and be able to link the angled grip to the tank, which in turn would facilitate using a drop like CP's lightning drop with a mini-mag.

HoppysMag
05-04-2002, 09:21 PM
ok angeled ASA 's are a fad, the cocker jocks think they are cool.... if you honestly like them good for you... you dont need to costom order them... here..

http://www.dingopaintball.com/ they have 2 kinds of ASA's and a angled forgrip, click under custom then mag.

EDIT sorry if i come off rude but i had a head ache when i wrote that and at the time the whole thread sounded preety stupid...

pip_999
05-05-2002, 12:33 AM
whatever tickles your pickle i guess

X-Plosive
05-05-2002, 02:32 PM
the so called "cockerjocks" did it for a reason. Many drops don't fit with some of the long inline regs, such as the Palmer Stab and AKA sidewinder(long). These angled foregrips allowed "cockerjocks" to use a higher performing/ more comfortable setup in many cases. Some people.

theraidenproject
05-05-2002, 02:37 PM
I couldnt fit my DZ2 with my stright ASA. My 15* solved that. Also, it makes holding the warp very comfortable and not contorted. I didn't get mine to follow the "cocker jocks", I did it because it saved me money and made my gun more comfortable. But, there really isn't the demand for mags, so I don't really see an AGD produced 15* ASA too soon. I know dingo makes them, but they're $40.

Krazy Ivan
05-05-2002, 06:46 PM
I'm sorry but I'm not a "cocker jock." I don't own a cocker, and never have. My next gun I'm upgrading to is an Emag, or other electro.
I needed a angled ASA because I wanted a longer drop for my tank FYI.

Vegeta
05-05-2002, 08:04 PM
If you need an angled forgrip to accomodate for a drop foward, get a forgrip extender. Don't go and associate yourself with cocker kiddies.

Panzerr
05-06-2002, 08:00 AM
Don't deal with Dingo, he will try to rip you off.

Have Tyson make you one. He does a good job and is very prompt in replying to emails and such.