PDA

View Full Version : Paintball IS a war game.

RT pRo AuToMaG
05-04-2002, 01:07 AM
I've been thinking lately and have come to the conclusion that paintball is a war game. Now, before you start flaming me, let me explain. In paintball, you run around shooting people, in war, same thing. Why try to deny it? I used to be one of those people who would say that it's not a war game. But, you can't hide it, no matter how much you say to yourself and others, paintball is somewhat related to war. I'm not saying it's training, i'm not saying it's violent, i'm not saying it's dangerous, i'm saying it's somehow related to war. It doesn't matter if it's speedball or woods, pump or semi, semi or electro, jersey or camo, PAINTBALL IS SOMEWHAT RELATED TO WAR! The sooner we all come out of denial, the better. Saying paintball is not related to war is just living a lie. Don't flame me for this post, it's my opinion. I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong, i'm just stating a fact.

BlackVCG
05-04-2002, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by RT pRo AuToMaG
Don't flame me for this post, it's my opinion. I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong, i'm just stating a fact.

So your opinion is a fact?

I don't think anyone can blatantly say that paintball is NOT a game that is similar to war. That's where the concept came from. Of course it has evolved into a more complex sport but it will, like you say, be a sport that involves running around shooting people. So what if that resembles war? Does it promote violence? Not directly. If paintball is a "war game," then laser tag is the same thing by your definition.

Even though paintball is similar to warfare, it doesn't make it a bad thing and just because we try to convey paintball with less "images" that resemble war doesn't mean we're trying to deny all correlations between paintball and warfare.

Xzion
05-04-2002, 08:17 AM
Well put BlackVCG.

Croix71
05-04-2002, 08:34 AM
Sure your entitled to your opinion but I feel paintball has grown beyond hide in the bushes in camouflage and shoot somebody. But I say paintball has grown beyond that and more into a sport. More people are wearing jerseys and not camouflage, there is more interest in arena style speedball games (we aren't limited to hiding in some bushes inthe woods anymore), and it's grown into a game where families and friends get together to have fun.

Jonno06
05-04-2002, 09:05 AM
speedball is supposed to make paintball not look like war,and it does a fine job of doing so....

i also agree with BlackVCG