PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Expansion

LawFox32
05-04-2002, 08:10 AM
ok I have a question,
If you reverse the flow of air through an expansion chamber will it work as well expanding the air if it goes through normally.
I ask this because I have an expansion chamber but not vert.asa so I have a very ghetto set-up right now
I have an ex-chamber tied down to the top of my co2 tank, I will try to get some pics it is very interesting

okwell thanx

a_malfunction
05-04-2002, 09:24 AM
Im pretty sure they work both ways. It couldn't hurt to try it.

Load SM5
05-04-2002, 12:53 PM
No such thing as a reverse expansion in an expansion chamber. From what I've been told, an expansion chamber is just a large hollow grip with fans sticking out form the inner walls to create surface area for the liquid CO2 to warm up to gas against. If this is the case the effect would be the same no matter which way the gas got into the thing.

The idea of ghetto rigging anthing to do with high pressures kind of worries me. I'd love to see a pic.

LawFox32
05-04-2002, 01:58 PM
It worked but it was kinda cold and rainy out so my mag eventually froze down, it was a shame, I will try to get pics of it, but no promises,

Tyril
05-04-2002, 06:01 PM
That should work just fine. All most expansion chambers are are hollow chambers with baffels.

Post 'em when you can!

-Mike