PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag Battery Question?

MagDog68
05-04-2002, 03:08 PM
I recently purchased a used E-Mag and I attempted to charge the battery today. When I hook the battery up to the gun now it will not fire. The Gun was working fine before I put it to a charger, but I was not sure how long it had been since the last charge. I output DC 12v powersupply to the charger and when the light changed to green I took it off the charger and attached it to the gun. Nothing has happened since. Anyone have any ideas?

~Fred

Jacob
05-04-2002, 03:42 PM
The charger is supposed to turn green when the battery is about 75% charged (should be enough to cycle.) However you might want to leave it in a little longer just to make sure it is a full charge. Be a pity to find out that your battery was just a little short because the light was changing too soon.
Also, you might want to try adjusting the magnet in your trigger to be a little further from the hall sensor, if this is too close before the trigger is pulled, then the sensor won't pick up anything. (I thought me mag was kaput until I figgered that one out)

MagDog68
05-04-2002, 09:24 PM
Ok, here is a good question, How long does it take to charge?

~Fred

Jacob
05-04-2002, 10:14 PM
You can find the E-Mag manual here http://www.airgun.com/downloads/emaginstructions.pdf

It says that it should be ready to go when the light turns green, but will continue to charge for about 3-4 hours. It also says that the E-Mag needs 14 volts to cycle, you said that you are charging it off of 12V, I'm not quite sure, I understand electrical stuff about as much as I understand how to fix a cocker, but you might not be able to get a full charge. Are you charging it from your car or wall, using the original charger and cord, or something else? If you have some sort of a voltage meter I'd suggest finding out how much of a charge you are getting into it.
Or, if you know someone else w/ an E-Mag, try their battery on your gun.
And just think about it this way, if you had any other electro, you'd be completely up a creek. At least now you can make do with the manual trigger. Lets see an IR3 do that;)