PDA

View Full Version : computers trade value....

hardr0ck68
05-04-2002, 03:43 PM
i have a Compaq laptop, i bought it 2 and a half years ago for college...now im thinkin its time to get a new comp. I was just wounderin what you guys would think i could get or if its even worth the attempt. Its a Compaq laptop with a 366 processer, 4 gig hardrive, usb port, cd card slot, 250 iomega zip drive (3 disks, 2 250, 1 is 100), windows 98 (version 4.1), built in 68k modem, as for ram...that one has me confused. Now im pretty sure its 64 meg's but when i looked to make sure this is what it said

System Board . . . . . . . . . 32 Megabytes
DIMM Slot 1 (SDRAM) . . . . 32 Megabytes
Total Compaq Memory . . . . . 64 Megabytes

now...what that all means has got me confused, but then again im into paintball and cars not computers. So what do you think? It needs a new battery and the cdrom drive needs cleaning...but besides that she works fine. i have no idea what its worth and thats why im askin you guys.

hardr0ck68
05-04-2002, 03:45 PM
i would be lookin to trade it for a marker...so what do you think i could get for it?

Krazy Ivan
05-04-2002, 03:56 PM
You might wrangle $50-100 for it. Sorry bro. Sell it as an "Internet and Word Processing Computer."
It's a good machine, can run most basic internet apps and Microsoft Works. I work at Best Buy, and you can find computers much better for just above $1000. However the people who buy them are just using them for Internet and Word Processing!? Mind-boggeling. As long as the screen is in good working condition you should be able to net about $100 max out of it.

Good luck.

P.S. it would be a great comp to try Linux on, just a suggestion.

-Jôker-
05-04-2002, 04:31 PM
i might actually be interested in that lol

you have AIM? lets talk

hardr0ck68
05-04-2002, 10:56 PM
ehh it dosent bother me, my lil bro would love to play with it if i cant get a trade for anything better than a spyder :p no worries here. (the only real bummer is buyin a new computer is spendin $$ that is much better spent on a 5th mag or somethin)