PDA

View Full Version : How do you remove a stuck/froze barrel???

Rebellion
05-04-2002, 04:43 PM
Bought a Automag RT off eBay and unfortunately the sale didn't include the instructions / owners manual. Nothing is covered in the onLINE manual at the official WEBsite.
I pushed the barrel in what I thought was all the way in and twisted to lock it in. Unfortunately it wasn't all the way and now I can't remove it. . . ..any suggestions????

Potatoboy
05-04-2002, 04:47 PM
If you look in front of the trigger there is a screw, try loosening that a little bit and see if that helps. If not report back.

Krazy Ivan
05-04-2002, 04:48 PM
If you disassemble the gun the barrel should be able to be slid out. Remove the screw that holds the grip to the rail with an allen wrench, then remove the thumb screw in the back and it should all come apart.

Rebellion
05-04-2002, 05:02 PM
No Dice.
The barrel seems like it's stuck on something, I can turn the barrel - pull - then it gets stuck.
I've removed the screw in front of the trigger and still have the same results

Krazy Ivan
05-04-2002, 05:20 PM
Can you see in the breech? will it turn so that balls can feed? if not you inserted it the wrong way. I know because I've done it b4. I got mine out with a lot of muscle, wouldn't recommend but it will work..:(

Dubstar112
05-04-2002, 06:52 PM
You might have turned the barrel too far and had the breech area lock in the twist lock assembly. Take the whole gun apart and try removing.

Rebellion
05-04-2002, 10:59 PM
Thanx for all the help.
I figured out the problem [atleast for now]. I removed the trigger frame and found on the body the brass cylinder [ located next to the screw closest to the trigger ] with the set screw. I backed the set screw all the way out and removed what looked like a spring and PRESTO the barrel slid right out. The feed port in the barrel was damaged from me tugging and twisting on it. Thats cool, the guy I bought it from on eBay gave me extra barrels.
Once again I want to thank all who contributed to my post - glad I bought a Mag.

TransMan
05-04-2002, 11:07 PM
u want to keep that spring in there just dont screw it in all the way

Rebellion
05-04-2002, 11:11 PM
LoL
I made sure to replace all the items I removed. All reassembled and working fine. Well, more than fine - looks like I'll be going through paint like nobodies business.