PDA

View Full Version : PB Sam's Big Game review (Saturday)

the JoKeR
05-04-2002, 05:08 PM
Mother nature set us up with one great day! A little chilly in the early morning, but it made it into the mid to upper 60s by noon. No idea what the OFFICIAL count was for players, but I heard there could have been close to 600+! I've never seen the parking lots that full! Not sure who from AO was there, but the blue team looked to have it's share of Mags. We (blue) took the first two games, both of which had huge groups actually working together to push white back! By the third game, Tom Kaye was there and ready to play, and as luck would have it, he was on the blue side with us! We got our butts kicked that game....:D Really. I've got the welts to prove it. It's probably not ALL his fault, but I like conspiracies! Sorry I missed out on the doughnut orgy, Tom.

AGD
05-05-2002, 12:44 PM
I had a great time but didn't see all the AO guys that were there. Shot all my paint every game and even got some people out. The final count for saturday as just a few off of 700. The battle in the barrel field was unbelievable with hundreds of people shooting at once. Tanks were cool too!

AGD

damageinc54
05-06-2002, 03:11 AM
Me and my guys were there. DJGruv and I should get paid for promoting the Emags the way we did. We both were ripping our Emag and HALO combo's all day!!! DJ had not one broken ball and I had only 2 breaks. We left our mark on many players. We played on blue the first 2 games and then my team got switched to white along with a few other experienced teams to even things up a bit. Overall the paint was the best I have ever had at Sam's and the weather was great. I just hope they keep buying the Diablo paint for future big games. We will be back in October!!!

Chupas2
05-06-2002, 10:37 AM
The day was crazy. I reffed both days and I got shot alot. I had to watch one of the tanks both days and well everyone thought it was fun to shoot the tank and anyone around it including refs. As for the count it was around 697 i believe. Hope to see everyone again in October.

DjGruv
05-06-2002, 01:27 PM
I had a blast. I just feel sorry for the guys that got trapped :eek: in my strings..:D

the JoKeR
05-06-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Chupas2
The day was crazy. I reffed both days and I got shot alot. I had to watch one of the tanks both days and well everyone thought it was fun to shoot the tank and anyone around it including refs. As for the count it was around 697 i believe. Hope to see everyone again in October.

I'll give you credit for not breaking down in tears when Harry sent you to watch the tank on Sunday for the second game! I also saw how fast everybody was to offer to take that job for you! Not.:) At least they paid you well! Not.:(

Hexis
05-06-2002, 05:07 PM
I had a blast as normal. We had our 20 folks from Minneapois there.

Just got a new Halo, it was like a dream come true. I think I broke 2 balls the entire weekend. I have never loved my gun more. That's a 0.0571% failure rating (about 3500 rounds for the weekend).