PDA

View Full Version : Is it really that bad

KOP_jedi_master
05-04-2002, 10:35 PM
im talking about playing in your first tournement.....
All these ppl talk about how playing in your first tournement(rookie)is gonna be nothing but you getting slaughtered...how you are gonna get beat no matter what...and chances are you wont win any game no matter how hard you train or play....im entering a tournement and im worried because all these "pro" paintball players say everyone who enters a tournement for the first time will get beat bad...the tournement is a rookie tournement with kids all about my age(14) and we are a fairly decent group of ppl...its a 3 man and we have worked on snap shoooting,bunkering,speed,shooting left handed,running shooting...and still im skeptical because im afraid its all useless.....i know otheres at the tournement for them this will be ther first tourney.......so tell me

is it gonna be all that bad?

Derek

LaW
05-04-2002, 10:40 PM
uw milwaukee's first tournament was at the mict at sniper jacks. Overall out of 17 or so teams we placed 9th... in fact we did better then we thought... a lot better (we only lost two games and the rest were just mental errors that hurt us)

SlipknotX556
05-04-2002, 10:46 PM
Playing your first tournement is nothing but FUN! It is so cool to be competing for 1st place. You play your hardest at tourements.

Load SM5
05-04-2002, 11:16 PM
My first tourney we placed 3rd in the amateur division. Just keep your head and you'll do fine. Tourneys are a whole lot of fun. Be sure to refill your hopper and pods, top off your air if you need it, and wipe off any hits or excessive splatter right after the game. It's better to get it done and relax between games then realize you have 150 rounds and 400psi right when they call your team to the field.

Havoc_online
05-04-2002, 11:48 PM
just remember, be one with the force....

Beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you it will.

pip_999
05-05-2002, 12:05 AM
its not so bad
one team i forget who
they entered there tourny (1st) and they got 1st place
it was kind cool

KOP_jedi_master
05-05-2002, 12:21 AM
thanks for all the replys....for the record i never said i was scared....skeptical....not sure.....if anything i think im just nervous...any other advice i could use?......

Derek

pip_999
05-05-2002, 12:23 AM
which brings me to my next point......

"just say no to drugs kids"

Load SM5
05-05-2002, 12:34 AM
See my advice above. It really cuts the stress down and allows you to watch the other games. You can learn a great deal by watching the other team's wins and losses.

Jonno06
05-05-2002, 08:15 AM
there is a 3man rookie tourny today at my field....everyone is competing for trophies and bragging rights.The field is Florida Paintball Center if anyone cares....

btw....have fun

AngelBoy
05-05-2002, 02:19 PM
Mine sucked. We got slaughtered, last place. I am on a new team now though.

KOP_jedi_master
05-05-2002, 02:44 PM
i KNOW that we wont get last....we are a good team in my oppinoun....destroy anyone in our home town...

Derek

Yatta!
05-05-2002, 03:50 PM
Just remember, the welps will go away eventually.

And if you are in the hole, did what my team did, go crazy and run the tape the last game and fire away:D

Yatta!