PDA

View Full Version : Sk8ers of AO, need help

SlipknotX556
05-04-2002, 11:53 PM
Sk8ers of AO, I am in need of you help. After watching CKY2K, CKY3K I have decided to start sk8ing again. I will need to get new shoes and a new deck soon. My old shoes are coming to their last day, my board is on the way to being snapped by me kick fliping with it to hard. I want to know what kind of.......

Shoes to get
What kind of deck to get

Thanks

MagMan5446
05-05-2002, 12:13 AM
It's all preference.

I skate Blind.

ThePatriot
05-05-2002, 12:25 AM
I skate dirty, only kind of skating i know is dirty skating, and thats all skating. Kyle if you skate again i will smack you so bad, plus why would u start up again? The summer is coming, its gonna be like 150 degrees here.

Ground_zer0
05-05-2002, 03:56 AM
I like osirus shoes myself tho they can be a bit big and clonky for some peoples tastes. Etnies and ES are still good shoes too. As for decks (tho i hardly ever skate much any more) I only ride element or zero, and thats what id recomend.

my 2 cents -Matt

Jonno06
05-05-2002, 08:25 AM
get osirus for shoes.........and get an element deck....kyle is such a poser..but them CKY movies definitly kick arse...

sk8dood
05-05-2002, 09:43 AM
Hey i like my Emerica shoes(TEMPLETON 2). I wouldnt recomend getting DC shoes or Osiris shoes they are big and clonky. But i guess it is all personal preference.

As for decks go here is my setup: Element Bill Pepper Deck, Tensor Trucks, Speed Metal Bearings, Black Magic Griptape, Shorty's Harware and Risers, Spitfire Wheels.

I usually get either a Element board, because they are strong and light...or a Zero because they have a nice shape to them. Blind boards i really didnt like, i dont know why. To me they where a little heavy. Shorty's boards just suck. I hated mine and thats why i stomped it.

There's My .02 Hope it helps!

jah871
05-05-2002, 11:02 AM
osiris suck they rip and fall apart soo fast. i have emerica renoyolds and i really like them. i like foundaton and zero boards.

land hurricane
05-06-2002, 06:50 PM
Hey. I would defaintly recomend Dc or Es shoes. As for a board i'd get element or enjoi (panda poo)

Jonno06
05-06-2002, 07:30 PM
you should maybe look into getting a Toy Machine...they are sweet....if i didnt paintball,i would probably skateboard...

sk8dood
05-06-2002, 08:10 PM
land hurricane-did you know that enjoi is made by world industries? therefore they suck. plus my friend broke his enjoi in a week and his toy machine in 2 1/2 weeks. Another good board is Flip, they are a tad on the heavy side, but they are strong. Hope that helps, and tell us what you decide on getting.

-Sk8dood

Bill Braskey
05-06-2002, 08:43 PM
i like habitat decks, their great for flips

SlipknotX556
05-06-2002, 09:23 PM
I have owned a toy machine board and they have no POP. I currently have this setup. Alien work shop 8x31 with venture trucks, Spitefire wheels, black magic griptape, Black Panther bearings. The shoes I use are DVS Sheffy 3's, they are the most comfy shoes around.

rios_creos
05-07-2002, 01:18 PM
Status boards. Lots o pop and you can get em in lots of different sizes. Of course if your a poser, you may not like em cause they don't come with graphics. Just some plain blue status logos.

For shoes, the brand DOES NOT MATTER. Inspect the shoes to make sure the materials won't wear quickly. Too many seams are not good. Try to get the ones with rubber soles and not foam. Foam is a lot lighter, but kickflips kill them FAST AS HELL. Rubber is the way to go if your looking for durability.

I started skating again about 2 months ago and i'll be skating in about 1 hour. (i'm at school now.)

rios_creos

covadsucks
05-07-2002, 03:29 PM
I personally skate nothing but Black Label Powerbeams...lotsa pop and don't fall apart real quick. As for shoes, I like Globes but they can be a lil thick...try Lakai's as they look cool and last for a lil while...

SlipknotX556
05-07-2002, 06:44 PM
I personally like a heavier shoe. Dont know why I just do.

Jonno06
05-07-2002, 06:54 PM
yea,kyle is definitly a poser...he wants aliens and other colorful cartoons on his board....even though when he scratches the bottom up with a key(to make it look like he grinds...) it will mess the pic up...get thunder trucks....and some abec bearings...

sk8dood
05-07-2002, 07:27 PM
he wants aliens and other colorful cartoons on his board....even though when he scratches the bottom up with a key(to make it look like he grinds...)
thats the funniest thing i have heard all day!

and some abec bearings...
And that is the stupidest thing i have heard all day!

2 Catigories in one day i congratulate you.

Dubstar112
05-07-2002, 08:16 PM
I wouldnt be afraid to try some newer style decks. I loved my Lib Technologies set up. It was LIGHT.. STRONG... and did I already say light?...

I skate muska reflexes.

Jonno06
05-07-2002, 08:27 PM
yea,i dont even know if abecs fit skateboards....i have no idea....i used to inline.....so thats what bearings i used..fast...

-Jôker-
05-07-2002, 08:31 PM
i skate!! with my dads old board from when he was a kid man... the big wheels help me with control when im doing kickflip ollies :D :D lol im SOOOO FUNNY but really i do have a skatboasrd from like the 60s that was my dads

MikeCouves
05-08-2002, 03:36 PM
I just picked up my new complete today.

ATM Blank Deck
ATM Wheels
Destructo Trucks
Speed Demon Wheels
Unknown Grip/Hardware

I love it, it was SO MUCH pop, it's nuts.

Jonno06
05-08-2002, 04:08 PM
you should try some Circa shoes....they have crappy team,but a good shoe....

sk8dood
05-08-2002, 05:37 PM
Jonno06-ABEC is the rating system used for bearings, its not a company. BTW i think Bones Swiss are the best bearings for sk8boards.

SlipknotX556
05-08-2002, 09:28 PM
I think what im getting is..... A new darkstar board and some Globe or ES shoes.

z-grip
05-09-2002, 01:04 PM
etnies, lasted me for everi road world industries with grind king trucks and swiss bones bearings, and i miss every day of it, i hurt my self and never fully recovered

sliknik
05-09-2002, 01:57 PM
I skate as a hobby and I used to work at a skate shop. From experience and what I have seen from working at the shop. I've learned that DC usually makes a pretty solid shoe (and expensive), but a heavy one. The lightest I would say would be VANS, the Rowley's are a great shoe and cheap, but they sacrifice alot in durability. I skated DC's, Globe and Etnies for a long time and never had trouble with them, but I never got considerably better until I started wearing the super duper light Rowley's (you can't even tell you're wearing them, but they won't last you long). Just my $.02

Oh yeah, I skate a Habitat with Destructo trucks, Black Panther bearings <- (Don't like at all), scrap hardwear I had laying around and generic wheels.

-Slik

sk8dood
05-09-2002, 04:24 PM
i have heard from my friends that they didnt like their Darkstar boards.

My $.05

Oh yea i didnt like my black panthers one bit, they would spin for like 5 seconds then stop.

rios_creos
05-15-2002, 04:27 PM
my old black label deck was usable for about 6 months. (it looked horrible at the end of the time but at least it didn't break).

my friends element (kenny hughes signature lion deck) broke in about 2 months.

we bought them at the same time. but my other friend has had his same element deck for about 8 months (now he bought a new one cause he had money to burn).

i guess element has inconsistencies or something???

anyways, i sport VANS cause they are real light and real comfortable and look nice too. They are about average for durability. it depends on what kind you get.

DO NOT get shoes that have areas of "breathable fabric". all it is is a weak material that breaks after like 1 good ollie.

btw. what tricks can ya'll do?

heres a list of tricks i can do or have done.

rios_creos
05-15-2002, 04:28 PM
my old black label deck was usable for about 6 months. (it looked horrible at the end of the time but at least it didn't break).

my friends element (kenny hughes signature lion deck) broke in about 2 months.

we bought them at the same time. but my other friend has had his same element deck for about 8 months (now he bought a new one cause he had money to burn).

i guess element has inconsistencies or something???

anyways, i sport VANS cause they are real light and real comfortable and look nice too. They are about average for durability. it depends on what kind you get.

DO NOT get shoes that have areas of "breathable fabric". all it is is a weak material that breaks after like 1 good ollie.

btw. what tricks can ya'll do?

heres a list of tricks i can do or have done.

Tricks for the unbelievers

Bag o tricks:

Ollie small ones are flawless, but 3 boards gets hard
Kickflip pretty easy
Heelflip requires a little more concentration but still easy
3 flip son of a b**** land only a couple a day
b/s boardslide very easy (long ones are harder)
f/s boardslide medium difficulty
f/s 50-50 can stick them at will
f/s 5-0 harder but can stick 65%
f/s nose grind about same as 3 flips
kickflip varial use to do them perfect, now very few landed
b/s pop shove it use to do them mad high, now they are low
f/s pop shove it much harder than b/s…did a few back in the day
ollie 180 land most the time slowly moving, hard when fast
b/s nose slide can get on rail, but most of the time stall, dont slide
f/s tail slide same as b/s nose slide but a little better
manual very easy, can do them for a LONG time
nose manual better than I use to be, about 25 feet when lucky
fast plant pretty hard, don’t try often but land about 1/3.
bean plant medium difficulty
boneless easy
double kickflip can’t land 2flip, only 1 ½ flips…damnit
ollie indy grab easy
kf b/s BS to get on medium difficulty, hard to land…very
ollie outta manual hard
ollie into manual easy to do but hard to stay in manual after

coming soon:

b/s 50-50 gonna be hard as hell
b/s 5-0 harder than hell
good tail slide if I keep trying….
good nose slide if I keep trying….
hard flips I still don’t understand…
kf b/s BS need to land damn kickflip backside boardslides
f/s 180 flip gotta keep trying
double kickflip gonna land one sucka, I’ll land one soon, getting closer

rios_creos

sk8dood
05-15-2002, 05:55 PM
rios_creos-rofl. thats all i have to say about your post.

Just a little inside to skateboarding: boards will break differently between skaters, one might break in 2 days and the same model might break in 6 months. IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE SKATER! so pick the board that feels right too you. If you want a board that wont break, then buy a board that has metal in it.

-Sk8dood

speedballbanks
05-15-2002, 08:00 PM
dude how can watching cky3 make you want to skate the only thing it makes me want to do is jump in front of a moving car at an outdoor cafe or throw some fake bodies in the road lol.

DEMON-MAG
05-15-2002, 08:29 PM
Get a blank ccs deck there pretty nice i have 1 then u custom paint it and there hella light and get muska pro model shoes so nice

dropkick1
05-15-2002, 10:22 PM
black label or anti-hero deck and emerica or Es shoes, the best. i've been skating both for the past 3 years, and i've benn skating for 8.

ken