PDA

View Full Version : Sprinkler leak down the barrell...

Phurious
05-05-2002, 12:35 AM
I have gone through the posts, and did not see this question specifically:

I have a Retro Valve on my 68 classic. When I depress the trigger and hold it, I get the sprinkler leak down the barrel. Here is the problem, which o-ring needs attention?

Let me tell you what I know:
The spacer in the power tube is a 215
Oiling the O-Rings did not stop the leak.
The valve is immaculate clean.
Yes, I am using the sear assembly that came with the Retro Valve.
Yes, the input pressure from my tank is between 700-800 PSI
I have not made any modifications to the ON/OFF pin or sear
I am using a Dye grip, but I have the same problems with my Z-Grip when it is attatched.

Another strange thing that happens is the gun seems to go "fullauto", and it seems to fire when I RELEASE the trigger, as well as depress it.

Any of you Mag gurus out there have some ideas?

slapnutz
05-05-2002, 01:18 AM
I had a simular problem... and the only thing I had to do was make sure the banjo bolt was tight..tighten it down with a allen wrench..you may think it is tight but just try and give it a turn with a wrench... It just might work..or it might be your on/off orings..
Good Luck!

minimag187
05-05-2002, 01:29 PM
Im pretty sure its one of the teflon orings in the on/off valve. Maybe the bottom teflon oring that is facing you when you look inside it.

BlackVCG
05-05-2002, 02:49 PM
Pull out the on/off assembly. At the very bottom of that hole is a urethane yellowish o-ring. Replace that o-ring and you're good to go.

prowler
05-06-2002, 09:28 PM
I have that same problem. I replaced the on/off O ring, the problem went away for a while but now it's back.

Any suggestions?