PDA

View Full Version : Why am I leaking

Sniper2002
05-05-2002, 12:48 AM
Ok! here is my problem I had bought a classic mag a while ago. It has always shot wonderfully on co2, I had just recently traded in my co2 for nitro. As soon as I put the bottle on air started to come out of the barrel at an alarming rate. I have a thumb velocity screw on the back of the gun and when I turn it down the air slows down leaking but it still hisses. I am at a loss to know what to do. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Omicron
05-05-2002, 08:51 AM
Replace all the orings, they're probably used to the co2 so they won't seal right with the nitro (i think anyways..).

Good luck! LMK what happens

TransMan
05-05-2002, 11:17 AM
u made need to push the bolt back with a squeege or woodwn rod while gasing up i know this is a prob on RT but im not sure if the sae applies to Classics it could also be the o-rings as sniper said

Steve Crush
05-05-2002, 06:50 PM
yes push the bolt back while gassing up. My mag had that problem. I then got a flatline air system and fixed the problem prolly 90% of the time.

steve

BlackVCG
05-05-2002, 09:19 PM
Hold the trigger back when you gas up.

Sniper2002
05-06-2002, 12:04 AM
Well I took your guys advice about holding the trigger and pushing the bolt in but she still is leaking. Is it possible that i should put a different regulator on the gun, the one I have on it now doesn't even have a gauge. I really appreciate you guys taking you time to help me with my gun. Once again suggestions are greatly appreciated
Thanks

TransMan
05-06-2002, 12:18 AM
not sure about the regulator but hae u lookedt the sear and bolt to make sure neither is chiped or worn down

TransMan
05-06-2002, 12:21 AM
oh and did u try replacing the o-rings like junkie said it could be that and have u contacted any of the techguys at airgun there are very helpful

BlackVCG
05-06-2002, 12:29 AM
What kind of nitro tank do you have on the gun? Have you tried replacing the PT spacer with a shorter one or replace the PT o-ring?

Steve Crush
05-06-2002, 05:58 AM
if the bolt being pushed back didn't work i am thinking with black here, the spacer,or oring.

steve

rehme
05-06-2002, 08:30 AM
Leaking down the barrel has occured with me be for. I watched tha automag video and it says to change the power tube oring. The reason why it maybe leaking so bad is that the oring might not be there.