PDA

View Full Version : Any benchmark frame experts?

Rebellion
05-05-2002, 07:02 PM
I've just bought an Automag RT off eBay and it came equipped with a benchmark dual trigger 45 frame. My first concern was all the "slop" and "play" in the trigger [side2side] even after I put the nitro to it. Loaded it with paint went out to the backyard proceeded to lay some paint. Being totally unfamiliar with how the Automags work especially with the reactive trigger I didn't know what to expect. First trigger pull, p0p! ball launches little bit past halfway point through the trigger pull. Finish the trigger pull and I bottom out trigger and then release - reactive trigger kicks the trigger back and launches another paintball. My question now is - is this how the trigger is suppose to respond? Being an autococker shooter it almost seems as if the the gun's "timing is out" if such a thing is possible with the Automags. Is this an indication of an underlying problem? Or do I need more time to get with familiar with the gun. I'm also thinking that I should just replace it with an Intellifeed system.
One other thing. Should I going through so much air??
Any and all suggestions will be helpful

Rebellion
05-05-2002, 07:07 PM
almost forgot.
It was chopping paint like crazy. I have a WARPfeed / Ricochet2K setup feeding it. But I'm still thinking my problems are still trigger related and possibly my lack of knowledge with the Mags.

BlackVCG
05-05-2002, 09:25 PM
The Benchmark frames have a lot of side-to-side slop. That's just something you have to deal with unless you get an Intelliframe. Check the wire nubbins in your barrel. There are P style and V style. Make sure they look intact and aren't broke in any way. The best thing to do is order the plastic nubbins from the AGD Online Store.

What kind of bolt are you using? Also, with the Warp setup, how are you running the hose to the gun? Are you using a PF plug with two set screw holes in the handle? If not, you need to get the new PF plug.

The gun should NOT be firing on the pull and release. If it is, your sear or bolt are worn out, or your on/off pin might be too short. Also, check to make sure the field strip screw is fully tightened (Silver screw that holds in the valve).

Be patient, learn your gun and you'll be very happy with it.

Rebellion
05-06-2002, 06:20 AM
Thanx for everyones responses.
I meant to say the Intelliframe not the Intellifeed. The gun setup it this:
Automag RT - HopperLeft, the WARPfeed [ProTeam version]/ Ricochet2K are mounted on the left side of the gun with the hose going into the TOP of the feed tube [not much room for it to fit on the bottom]of the marker.
The actual WARPfeed itself works fine. It was previously mounted to my autococker. The Ricochet has fresh batteries and is working well also. A friend of mine suggested that I take the 90 degree adapter that came with the WARP and mount that to the gun feed tube then attach the WARP feed tube to that. I think for right now I'm going to remove the WARP setup and mount the hopper directly to the gun for the time being to both get use to the ReactiveTrigger and correct the trigger problem I'm encountering. After I finished putting up my last post I was able to fire some more paint through it with no breakage but with great inconsistency [firing halfway through trigger pull then firing again upon release of the trigger or sometimes not firing at all-somtimes]
I've checked the nubbin' in the barrel and it seems fine, I couldn't tell you whether it's a "P" or a "V" I'll have to do more research onLINE.

Thanx again

Rebellion
05-06-2002, 08:52 AM
Here is a pic of the current setup. I moved the WARPfeed setup further up and added the 90degree adaptor

FrAuStY
05-06-2002, 09:39 AM
I would try to sell that nechy frame and get the intelliframe for the RT. You will be MUCH happier with the trigger pull on the intelliframe over the Benchy. Benchmarks have waaayyyy too much slop in the trigger on all four sides. At least with the intelliframe its made by the company that made the marker, AGD! The tolerances are near perfect with the intelli unlike the benchy. Other than that you will just need to get used to the RT trigger. Remember to pull the trigger with a snap all the way back and let it push the trigger out. Hope you love it :)

Rebellion
05-06-2002, 03:45 PM
Thanx Frausty,
Looks like I'll be putting the Benchy on eBay first chance I get. I'll probably find it easier to learn the actions of the ReactiveTrigger with the Intelliframe.

Chris
05-06-2002, 03:59 PM
I totally disagree, I prefer the benchy to the intelliframe. Try it and get used to it. Benchys do have a lot of over travel, but you can get used to it. That way the pull is as long as you want it to be. Just pull till it fires and kicks back, thats all you need to do.

-Chris