PDA

View Full Version : help me work on my first car and make it look "sporty"

paintballrulzs
05-05-2002, 07:46 PM
It is a 2 door standard nissan sentra. it is red with like greyish vynal material. It has goldish/brass color rims (yes real rims) i just put in a pioneer deh 1000 stereo. i am gettin new speakers. I just put on a nice steering wheel cover. I think i am getting seat covers, new pedals that glow at night, the stick top that glows, and a blue dome light. Anyone got any ideas. i will try to get pics up soon.

FooTemps
05-06-2002, 12:25 AM
...rice burner = stupid... Don't give in to the hype.... Get a 2002 maxima and put in a supercharger!!!

bornl33t
05-06-2002, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by paintballrulzs
It is a 2 door standard nissan sentra. it is red with like greyish vynal material. It has goldish/brass color rims (yes real rims) i just put in a pioneer deh 1000 stereo. i am gettin new speakers. I just put on a nice steering wheel cover. I think i am getting seat covers, new pedals that glow at night, the stick top that glows, and a blue dome light. Anyone got any ideas. i will try to get pics up soon.

sport-rice.. baaah it's all the same thing....right?

If you are wanting sporty, do a spoiler ( don't steal it offf a boing either, the car is supposed to be bigger then the spoiler ) maybe some ground fx if your car don't have them, have a profesional lower the car till the wheel "fit" inside the wheel wells, Window tint is nice, but usually illegal and ummm...... well a Ford symbol.... heheh j/k I don't even like Ford.

Just remember it's not designed a sports car, you can make it looks somewhat sporty, but it's never gonna be in the same inshurance catagory as a camero, Supra, or Porsch.

Enjoy your new ride! what year is it btw?

shartley
05-06-2002, 06:57 AM
Just remember it's not designed a sports car, you can make it looks somewhat sporty, but it's never gonna be in the same inshurance catagory as a camero, Supra, or Porsch.
This is VERY true.

Also, I tend to laugh at people who buy ONE type of vehicle and try to “cosmetic” it to look like another. It is one thing to buy aftermarket cosmetics that are made FOR the particular vehicle (and I suggest doing just that), it is another to try to make them into “The Fast and the Furious” wanna-be’s.

There is a fine line (well sometimes not so fine.. LOL) between just enough and too much. Too much will only make it look silly….. I find getting just the right accents is the key, and knowing when to STOP. And getting a good wax and detail job does wonders.. it can take an understated car and make it into a real eye catcher.

FooTemps
05-06-2002, 10:24 AM
If you REALLY want a sport look... Get some konig tantrum 17" rims and a small spoiler. Then get a bug deflector and lightly tinted windows! Of course... You'll need to get some engine mods or I will hate you for as long as I live.(i'm jk but you should get them because you'd be a foo: all talk no walk)

obsolete898
05-06-2002, 11:01 AM
The best thing to do to make your car sporty, is to actually make it sporty. Don't waste your money on that stupid light up poop, get good suspension and engine mods.

Or just do what everyone else does get.... NAWZZZZZZZZZZ!

bornl33t
05-06-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by obsolete898

Or just do what everyone else does get.... NAWZZZZZZZZZZ!
I can't hear it anymore. Next person to call it nawz is gonna get nawz'd themselfs.
It's Nitrous, NOS or go-juice. Nawz is the beak that girl in 5th grade had that she refered to as nose.

XR4
05-06-2002, 12:44 PM
The sentra shares the same platform as the 200SX, so you should be able to find parts for it. Look for some Nissan forums, you could find people selling the stock uprated 200SX parts when they upgrade to something better.

a bug deflector?? You've got to be joking. Why not upgrade a car with parts that increase performance, not make you look like a poser.

XR

obsolete898
05-06-2002, 01:09 PM
I can't hear it anymore. Next person to call it nawz is gonna get nawz'd themselfs.

I know that. Read some of my earlier posts. It was a joke because this guy apparently wants to rice out his car. Sorry for the confusion.

NAWZZZZZZZZZZ

So when do I get nawz'd?

FooTemps
05-06-2002, 01:22 PM
Blah...

Saying nawz is just stupid. Why can't anyone ever get it right!?!?!?! Nitrous! NOS! "go-juice"? I never heard that one before... lol

I just had to reiterate

bornl33t
05-06-2002, 03:10 PM
I had a Normal guy at work yesterday INSIST that it's called nawz. He's 23 and was very mad that i called him on it. He said if you go into a parts store they cal it nawz too... but infact the parts store ppl aren't dumb and will understand what nawz is, but they themselves don't call it nawz.
Told me his 2002 Grand-Am is going to beat a 89 hatchback with 3:73's a full headers to exaust tip exaust, manual tranny, gt-40 heads, saleen upper and lower and a ?? shot of nitrous .. I dunno how big it is...

FACT: HE WILL LOOSE

Ricers... just grin and nod.

Curly
05-06-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Heat
It's Nitrous, NOS or go-juice.

Calling it NOS is just as bad. NOS= Brand Name. Nitrous Oxide Systems. Is it really that hard to say Nitrous?

MikeCouves
05-06-2002, 07:26 PM

It's Nitrous, NOS or go-juice. Nawz is the beak that girl in 5th grade had that she refered to as nose.

Hahah tell me about it, driving me off the wall.

Jonno06
05-06-2002, 07:37 PM
The Car I am (hopefully) getting:1990 Ford Mustang 5.0....with upgrades of course....

anyone know how many liters a 64SS impala is running????

bornl33t
05-06-2002, 07:54 PM
should be either a 350 or a 388

I own a 92 mustang Gt 5l convertable with alot of tweaking. Has 66k miles on it. I just put a tremec 3550 in it last summer.

Zumina
05-06-2002, 08:43 PM
Sentra/Altima SE hypbrid anyone?

FooTemps
05-06-2002, 08:50 PM
Bah, '02 Maxima all the way... Well, either that or the new Z! vq30de 3.5 all the way!!

jah871
05-06-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by shartley
Also, I tend to laugh at people who buy ONE type of vehicle and try to “cosmetic” it to look like another.

then you would get a kick out of this high schooler, he has a black jetta or honda and he has BMW embulums(sp?) on it, its pretty funny.

Zumina
05-06-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps
Bah, '02 Maxima all the way... Well, either that or the new Z! vq30de 3.5 all the way!!

bah, 02' GTP; it's all about the H.U.D.!!!!!

obsolete898
05-06-2002, 09:55 PM
Damn you people. I DO NOT CALL IT NAWZ, I WAS JOKING.

lala
05-06-2002, 11:32 PM
:)Dud I got a GEO Prisim 4 door and trust me you can't make it look good, wait till you can buy a better car. Just leave it stock and buy some E-mags or somthing:D :D

hardr0ck68
05-08-2002, 06:46 PM
first off you have to know when you have a family car and when yo uhave a sporty car...somepeople dont know the difference. I was at the light the other day (in my beat azz old blazer) and a guy in a 92 4door civic with more bolt on crap then i care to think about....and it turns green he goes racin off soundin like a hive of bees...wow that must have been fun. now had i had daddys 70 chevelle with a 454 and dual quads yeah then i would have showed him that yes some people can spin properly inflated tires, and hey look drive wheels in the back where they belong on a sports car....as for NOS, the bottles most of these dopes get are jokes...there runnin lil 20 shots outta a bottom of the line system and use it at every light...i would just like to remind you all "bottles are for babies"

Mango
05-08-2002, 07:32 PM
http://bundaho.vwmafia.net/Pics/Misc/yellowbird_stuntaz.jpg

Or try this site!!!!!!!!

WORD!!!! (http://www.drivenbyboredom.com/bling.htm)

Zumina
05-08-2002, 07:46 PM
ROFLMAO!!

obsolete898
05-08-2002, 08:29 PM
Yo that be me and Hemlock's crew. Yall bettah stop frontn' or we'll be bustin' caps in all you fools.

Quiet
05-08-2002, 08:33 PM
The engine from the Infinity G20 can be mounted in a sentra, this will get you a lot more hp. It can be supercharged for more. There are tons of aftermarket sources for suspension, exhaust, and aerodynamics.

I hate it when people spend their money doing things to their cars that make it look sporty but don't do anything else.

Are you Italian?

FooTemps
05-08-2002, 08:48 PM
I still like the vq30de 3.5 (the engine used in the new z-car and in the maxima).

Quiet
05-08-2002, 08:58 PM
Foo - If you've got a maxima you can put the fuel injection system from the Z into it, makes a helluva difference. You can outrun cops with it, tough to outrun their radios though...

Bad cop, no donut.:rolleyes:

FooTemps
05-08-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Quiet
Foo - If you've got a maxima you can put the fuel injection system from the Z into it, makes a helluva difference. You can outrun cops with it, tough to outrun their radios though...

BUT I ONLY HAVE THE 3.0L MAX! I NEEEEED THE 3.5!!!!

Quiet
05-08-2002, 09:25 PM
the 3 litre maxima can take the injection system off the old 300ZX. Note quite as good, but nothing to sneeze at.

Mango
05-09-2002, 07:56 AM
You can outrun cops with it, tough to outrun their radios though...

And you want to outrun cops because......

If you dident break laws, cops wouldnt need to chase you. :o

Quiet
05-09-2002, 12:10 PM
I've been charged with a few stupid things in the past but I like to think I've settled down a bit. It wasn't anything criminal just a few (well, maybe more than a few) stunts, base jumps and the like.

z-grip
05-09-2002, 01:20 PM
buy 75 pounds of vynal tape and race like stickers, cut the springs, weld a coffee can on the exhaust, put a 7 foot tall wing on the trunk deck, paint the hub caps black, put a honda vtec sticker on it, and a couple of gtr emblems. hahaha www.riceboypage.com , im just kidding, i roll a jap rocket my self, 97 honda prelude. find what you think makes it look good to you, or the girl your triing to impress, not what anybody else says

paintballrulzs
05-09-2002, 02:06 PM

Are you Italian?

No i am irish. I was just wondering if there was anything i could do to my car to make it look nicer. What does italian have to do with ne thing?

Quiet
05-09-2002, 02:40 PM
Nothing really, I just know a lot of Italian fellows that have spent more money on stickers and muffler tips than anything else.

-Jôker-
05-09-2002, 04:11 PM
drivenbyboredom.com... lol ive seen that before..... i think its a joke cause none of them can drive and look at their info..... its pretty hilarious though... i wish it werent a joke... it would be somthing nice to laugh at:D

what posers....

Timmee
05-10-2002, 01:23 AM
But he's having trouble finding parts. His car also has only a 4 cylinder engine in it. Anyone have any idea where he can find stuff to pimp out his '86 Chevy Celebrity station wagon? ;)

ShooterJM
05-10-2002, 10:41 AM
I had a Normal guy at work yesterday INSIST that it's called nawz. He's 23 and was very mad that i called him on it. He said if you go into a parts store they cal it nawz too... but infact the parts store ppl aren't dumb and will understand what nawz is, but they themselves don't call it nawz.
Told me his 2002 Grand-Am is going to beat a 89 hatchback with 3:73's a full headers to exaust tip exaust, manual tranny, gt-40 heads, saleen upper and lower and a ?? shot of nitrous .. I dunno how big it is...

FACT: HE WILL LOOSE

Ricers... just grin and nod.

hehehehe consider me nodding :D

ShooterJM
05-10-2002, 10:52 AM

I'm the first to admit I don't know much about nissan, but how much of a top end boost can that give? The state patrol that I've been popped by are all in tweaked camaro's.

-Jôker-
05-10-2002, 02:17 PM
cops in camaros!!!!!! :confused: :eek:

Quiet
05-10-2002, 06:49 PM
Cops always run out of balls before their cars do. I do admit the camaros are a dirty trick, but they will back off if they think that you are outdriving your car and will cause an accident.

ShooterJM
05-13-2002, 09:08 AM
Cops always run out of balls before their cars do. I do admit the camaros are a dirty trick, but they will back off if they think that you are outdriving your car and will cause an accident.

Yep. Or if you can put them in a position that they think they're gonna wreck. Kansas cops at least seem reluctant to crack triple digits.

MiCRoFooL
05-13-2002, 10:48 AM
To make that rice-burner look super G-money sporty, all you gonna need is curb-feelers on all four corners, two sections of 1 1/2 foot chains hangin off the back. And don't forget to put the purple tint all the way around, including the top 1/2 of the windshield. Get the biggest spoiler you can find. I'm talkin bigger than the one's on semi's! Oh yeah, and you might want a purple neon light that shines the road under your car. That would be sporty.

-§on-
05-13-2002, 04:04 PM
Get a 1946 Dodge truck. Chop Top it, then put a 440 in it with Nascar Style Good year tires.
or
Get a Chevey S-10, Make sure it has the parts for the 350 kit in it, lower it, put air bags in it, put low-profile tires and rims. Thats a kick arse set up.:)