PDA

View Full Version : First day with the Emag, and pics as promised!

Kaiser Bob
05-06-2002, 12:16 AM
Well today was the first day I actually got to play with the Emag, and let me tell you it is SWEET! Used about a case, with and without warp and with a 9v revy. Not one barrel break, and one chop involving the powerfeed plug. Other than that it was nothing but high ROF sweetness! :eek: One quirky thing was that the gun didnt seem to want to shoot for a bit, but then went back to working perfect 10 mins later. I think I may look further into this. Anyway, at the end of the day we were playing around with it and Thordic was fanning as fast as he could and it would get a good 20 shots out before it chopped and he would turn the revy on :). The paint we were using then was Diablo Midnight that was crazy brittle, not even surviving a 2ft drop without cracking, and still no barrel breaks!!! I must say, if I wasnt before I am a believer! EMAG w00t!!! Thank you AGD for putting out such a great product! :D
Oh here are some pics, btw :)

http://jeff.acky.net/myphotos/pball/guns/pbx004.jpg
http://jeff.acky.net/myphotos/pball/guns/pbx010.jpg
http://jeff.acky.net/myphotos/pball/guns/pbx012.jpg

Load SM5
05-06-2002, 12:39 AM
Nice setup!

BlackVCG
05-06-2002, 01:12 AM
Ditch the key lanyard, get set screws in the holes for the site rail instead of the site rail screws, drill the hopper and you're all set! I like the color of the Freak tip and how it goes with the rest of the gun. SS back would be nice though.

shartley
05-06-2002, 06:49 AM
Nice setup… but too many colors for me… LOL

Thordic
05-06-2002, 07:30 AM
I f'ed up his freak tip by dropping it in my driveway. So if anyone has a new red freak tip, I'm currently in the market :)

Load SM5
05-06-2002, 07:34 AM
Definately drill through your hopper to tighten that up. Also run your air line through the key ring on your battery pin so you can loose the lanyard.

Croix71
05-06-2002, 08:45 AM
Nice set up Bob! Just curious if the Mag is new or used?

Clare
05-06-2002, 08:48 AM
very nice, Kais! I really like those colors on there!

G-Rexx
05-06-2002, 11:36 AM
Kaiser, hows that neck holding up. I saw you take the wicked shot. ;)

I was at the field w/ Kaiser and his buds, and got to meet a number of AO's Finest.

Spacemanspiff was rippin w/ his SFL, man it was shooting ribbons of paint, and he took time to discuss his mods and good/bad experiences with it. From my observation it shot pretty flawless.

Kaiser was out there rippin' some mean threads himself, Tequilla on sinco de mayo .

good time guys.

Jonno06
05-06-2002, 02:29 PM
nice gun Bob......need a red/orange tank cover though....

i want more pics....

land hurricane
05-06-2002, 02:59 PM
that setup is awesome, how much was it all together?

pip_999
05-06-2002, 03:03 PM
why did u drop the barrel?

Tunaman
05-06-2002, 03:13 PM
We were all RIPPIN" so BAD!!!!! We tore that place up a couple of times!(and got our arses kicked the rest of the day). But maaaaaannnnn....what a fun day!:D :D :D

VBmag87
05-06-2002, 03:23 PM
Nice setup!:)

Kaiser Bob
05-06-2002, 03:32 PM
BlackVCG, Jonno06 - Thanks for the input, ill look for some set screws tomorrow, and i just realized that the tank cover dosent match at all!

Tuna - For a motley crew of mag users, Id say we did pretty well at super sunday! we certainly did get our arses handed to us from a few of those guys though :)

G-Rexx - the neck is fine thanks :) Looks way worse then it feels.

I got an awesome deal on the gun used, and threw a bunch of other random stuff on there. As it looks in the pic, id say around the 1k area, but i have a few more things to do :D

PS- SprayingMango- After firing your amazingly sweet IR3, I came to the conclusion that the IR3 and Emag are 2 different animals, i can honestly say they are both on the cutting edge of performance and I couldent determine a 'winner' over the two. The IR3 vs Emag showdown was a draw in my eyes, at least that day :)

FrAuStY
05-06-2002, 03:35 PM
WOW! I want one of those color-changing warp feeds! His went from CLEAR to RED in just ONE PICTURE! LOL J/K mang.. nice setup. If I lived near you.. I'd be looking forward to painting it up all nice and pretty ;) BTW my warp on tha WAY!!!! WAHHOOOO Keep rippin it up.

THORDIC- Why ya wanna go and do something like that?!?!:mad:

theraidenproject
05-06-2002, 03:52 PM
Kaiser - The emag's looking good. Some red to orange transparent grips would look great on it.
Glad to see you guys had fun @ Fireball. I only found out about it the night before, and I had gone the week before, so I guess I couldn't have made it anyway. I am, probably, going to Top Gun this Saturday. Anyone else gonig? If you're thinking of going on Sunday, it's closed for Mother's Day, so you should head out on Sat.
Tunaman - if you're going to be there, could I just give you the warp body for polishing there? If not, could you just PM me your adress again? Thanks.

wes
05-06-2002, 04:44 PM
yay bob!! thats hella sweet! bout time you got up pics!

Riotz
05-06-2002, 05:16 PM
It was an overall good day. I don't think we did that bad. About every other game my gun got messed up with a break or something else and I had to fix it durring the game.

Only bad thing was, they didn't have a chrono!

Mango
05-06-2002, 07:12 PM
Was a great day for me too, but I'm sure no one cares. :p

The IR3 ripped perfect, not one chop, 2 goofy barrel breaks from that Severe Cyclone junk. Otherwise, perfect consistency. Still getting used to playing with Vert Feed. I need a Warp again... :D

It was a great learning experience though. Learn from your mistakes and be humble, thats what its all about. Great sportsmanship from the teams there also. We gotta do it again sometime.

spacemanspiff
05-06-2002, 07:23 PM
Okay Mr. IR3 the SFL was rippin just as hard that day. Well after I put in the longnose bolt, it was alittle easier on that diablo paint than my modded superbolt. But once I changed my bolt the squeege was put away for the rest of the day. And when it can down to the IR3 vs SFL in a shoot out on the field, which happened on a few occasions. It was an even draw:p :p It was an awsome day though and I still love my SFL.

Kaiser Bob
05-06-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by lilthugbobby
how did ur gun shoot at the chrono? i would like to know, thanks.

Gun shot 278,276,278 in the morning and 278,278,278 in the afternoon with more or less perfect paint to barrel match.

Riotz
05-06-2002, 11:19 PM
How do you know what it shot since there was no chrono?

TransMan
05-06-2002, 11:50 PM
lovely gun i must rob a bank so i can own one as well

Kaiser Bob
05-07-2002, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Riotz
How do you know what it shot since there was no chrono?

You had to chase down the ref with the handheld if you need to chrono. :)

Mango
05-07-2002, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by spacemanspiff
Okay Mr. IR3 the SFL was rippin just as hard that day. Well after I put in the longnose bolt,...It was an awsome day though and I still love my SFL.

Hey now I dident say anything about anyone else!! I was just saying how no one probably cared how my day went since I got rid of the E-mag. :) That SFL is scarey when it rips. Hard to beat that E-mag trigger. :D

shartley
05-07-2002, 08:12 AM
SprayingMango
Of course we still care! :D

spacemanspiff
05-07-2002, 03:57 PM
Yeah I know there Mr. Mango just bustin a little balls thats all.:D :p :D :cool:

paintster14
05-07-2002, 04:45 PM
well not to be an *** or anything but im not believing the 20 bps thing maybe around 15 or so but 20 just sounds outta range maybe you could show a vid and change a few disbelievers minds

Kaiser Bob
05-07-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by paintster14
well not to be an *** or anything but im not believing the 20 bps thing maybe around 15 or so but 20 just sounds outta range maybe you could show a vid and change a few disbelievers minds

where was 20 bps mentioned anywhere? the emag is electronically limited to 16 bps max.