PDA

View Full Version : RT Chopping

JefroVa
05-06-2002, 05:25 AM
I've got a vertical feed minimag RT with a double trigger benchmark grip connected to a maxflow reg adjusted to 650 output pressure. When slow firing I have no problems, but when fast firing after about the 7th or 8th shot it will chop. I could be short stroking, but is there anything I can do other than not firing fast to reduce the chopping?
I've done all the obvious stuff like cleaned,checked tightness on all the screws and replaced the nubbin.

Steve Crush
05-06-2002, 06:38 AM
stupid question but u do have a revolution?

steve

than205
05-06-2002, 08:19 AM
Try upping your output pressure to 700 or so.
A little more reactive trigger should help the short-stroking.

a_malfunction
05-06-2002, 09:28 AM
Make sure you are getting paint into the gun, get the plastic nubbins, and turn your input pressure up. You could try the extended foamie bolt as well.

virus
05-06-2002, 09:52 AM
this is a classic.... hopper not keeping up with rate of fire plus blowback causing te balls in the vertfeed to bobble back up... making it so while rapid firing by the 7-8th shot your feed tube is pretty much empty and nothing but gravity trying to act on one ball to get it to fully load before your fire again.....

pretty much try not to fire is strings over 5-6.... also look into getting a longnose bolt and even a warp.... the longnose bolt will help with the blowback... and the warp will get rid of the feed problems pretty much all together....

JefroVa
05-06-2002, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the input. I'm using a 12V Revie the RT has the plastic nubin. I"m going to try a long nose bolt and see if that helps. Any other ideas out there?

TransMan
05-06-2002, 10:42 PM
get a HALO or Warp prob warp unless u dont like them then get halo it should feed fast enough