PDA

View Full Version : does the ReTro valve use less gas has the origanal valve

rehme
05-06-2002, 10:10 AM
i bought a ReTro valve and i was wounding if the ReTro valve uses less gas has the origanal valve. I use a 68 3000 psi n2 tank

FaSSt
05-06-2002, 11:47 AM
It definitely uses MORE than the stock valve if you have the air pressure turned up to increase trigger reactivity.

Polishpickles451
05-07-2002, 08:20 AM
More input pressure does not mean more gas usage at all. Just like Shockers have a really low imput but are very un efficient. Gas effieciency depends on factos like paint/barrel match and dumping pressure, which i think is 250 for a Mag.
The RT is just faster, and the reactivity is controlled by input pressure.
On my Automag valve, I inputed 1200psi and the reactivity was awesome but I didn't use more gas.

athomas
05-07-2002, 04:40 PM
The front air chamber uses an amount of air (~350 - 400psi) to propel the ball to ~280fps. Once set for a given gun/barrel/weather combination, this amount of air pressure remains constant no matter what the pressure of the source is. The only thing the source pressure affects is the recharge rate and the amount of pressure on the trigger.

The retro or RT valve charges at full source pressure instead of the regulated pressure that the standard valve charges at.

athomas
05-07-2002, 04:43 PM
Should have elaborated:

The front air chamber is the same on the RT/retro valve as it is on the standard valve and therefore under the same conditions will use the same amount of air regardless of the input pressure.