PDA

View Full Version : what speedball field to set up? air or barrel.

martlet1
05-06-2002, 01:57 PM
Just a quick survey. I didnt want to mess with a poll, but which do you prefer to play speedball on,..... a inflatable "sup" field or a standard obsticle field (tires, barrels ect).

I am setting up a field for a monthly night time tourney for summer, and we will move the field around each month to a new config. A diablo sup field costs about 3500.oo complete with inflation blower. Barrels and tires will cost about 500-700 to set up and move each month.

I prefer the inflatable field, but I would appreciate your imput.

Thanks!!http://www.blodgettpaintball.com/towershot1thmb.jpg
or.....http://www.diablodirect.com/picture/airball_06.jpg

Jonno06
05-06-2002, 02:01 PM
i like playing Ultimate Airball...supair isnt as good.....but I think you should set up the hyperball field,b/c of cost

Spaceman613
05-06-2002, 02:06 PM
you also need to look at durability. Air bunkers tend to be a lot less durable that barrels, spools, and tires.

But tired can get wierd with EPA and disposal after your done with them.

martlet1
05-06-2002, 02:15 PM
The air field would be the ultimate air system with no wires or hoses...... just clarification. I said sup field earlier.

Krazy Ivan
05-06-2002, 02:16 PM
For the long run, tires would be more durable and reliable, however I think the Air fields are much more fun and mobile.

Spaceman613
05-06-2002, 02:20 PM
why not a hybrid field?

Use tires or whatever for the bunkers that will be mainly stationary, and buy individual air bunkers (or another kind) for the ones that will move alot. It may be just crazy enuff to work. Besides, you dont have to move bunker much to change the way a field plays, a foot here or there completely changes shooting paths.

Good luck

TheTramp
05-06-2002, 03:57 PM
Unless you can set up a hyper-ball field I wound use the air field.

AdrenalineMag
05-06-2002, 04:55 PM
just use whatever you can find. my field consists of mostly plywood, plexiglass, and lenolium bunkers. my friends dad can get an unlimited source of 55 gallon drums, so were gonna make a nice speedball field with those, plywood, logs, whatever we can find, maybe even a dead hobo or two, j/k. but yeah just make it out of whatever works

Ultimator
05-06-2002, 05:05 PM
Sup Air is really fun (I play at a place where the tubes are buried) but then again I haven't played on a true hyperball course.