PDA

View Full Version : Free! Netting Free at last!

MPC-Tim
05-06-2002, 02:46 PM
For those of you who have played at Milwaukee Paintball Center in the past you will remember the netting that covered the entire field.

Well its gone! Yes, no top netting, no side netting. The view of the field from the lounge is completly open. The lighting is better and the place feels twice as big.

We have our Sup Air on order and the distibutor says it will be here by the 15th. So team practices on May 19th will be on our Sup Air field. Teams scheduled for the 19ths practice are:

Toilet Weasels
Dominatious P
Psycho Cows
Shadow Knights

shartley
05-06-2002, 02:52 PM
Geee… paintballs travel in “line of sight”, and if you can SEE the field from some other area without any net, doesn’t that mean a paintball can also travel that way? I always thought netting was a safety thing.. so you are saying that your field is now not as safe as it was before?

Great selling point!
:rolleyes:

pip_999
05-06-2002, 02:53 PM
im with shartley
what are you trying to say?
taht your field is unsafe?

oneshot
05-06-2002, 02:56 PM
he is trying to say that the netting is gone now, I heard alot of complaints about the netting, and how low it was, there is still plexy glass between the field and all the spots that you can see the field from. It is just as safe as before, just the netting is gone.

glad to here about the sup air, field,:D

Tunaman
05-06-2002, 02:58 PM
Not good...the more netting the better...ALWAYS!:o :D :D

the JoKeR
05-06-2002, 03:01 PM
It's an indoor facility, and the fields are completely enclosed. The netting protected the ceiling and walls from getting hit, not people. I'd think they might still want netting to help keep the plexyglass clean in the viewing area, but there are still no openings to get paint through.

Since it's a former indoor tennis facility, the ceilings are VERY high, but the netting was about 10-15' above the ground around the whole area, making it very difficult to get somebody out from too far away (elevate your barrel too much and you hit the top netting).

Cozmo51
05-06-2002, 03:09 PM
glad to hear that the netting is gone, the viewing area is just as safe as it was before, just now you can see into the field, all the netting did was keep the paint from hitting the ceiling, good job tim, glad to hear about the sup-air too. are going to be using it for the three man that you are holding in june?

pntbawlrmz
05-06-2002, 03:13 PM
who exactly has been there???? it is still as safe as before, its just that now we can see whats goin on more clearly

Cozmo51
05-06-2002, 03:16 PM
well me and oneshot went with pntbawlrmz, anyone else on this thread been there to see what it actually looks like?

shartley
05-06-2002, 03:24 PM
No complaints should be made (or insinuated) about those questioning the safety when someone states they took down all their netting. Was this announcement made on THEIR forums, or on a public forums where anyone can read it because it is not specific to their fields?

Maybe next time it should be made clearer (no pun intended) when making such an announcement. Otherwise someone might also point out that such an announcement might also be considered SPAM for the field and not a general paintball announcement? You know he IS a new member with a VERY low post count.. in fact I can’t recall ever reading any of his posts.. must not have stuck out in my mind if I did. ;)

My point is that some people are acting all indignant about people having never been there and asking questions and making comments… then I suggest people don’t post their business announcements on an open forum, or when doing so be careful to explain things better for the general audience. Or else don’t be surprised if someone gets the wrong impression.

Myself and others simply went by what was posted.. nothing more, nothing less. I am glad it is safe (or that is what is now being posted), but that is NOT how it looked from the first post. ;)

(Note: Just want to make sure noone thinks I am upset... LOL I am not. :D)

MPC-Tim
05-06-2002, 10:33 PM
Sorry if I was not clear in my posting. I use this forum as a means with communicating with many of players at my field because they read the forums here religously, just as I do.

For those who have played at MPC, you know that it is as safe as ever without the netting. The netting protected the building, not the players.

We will have 2 Sup Air fields ready for our June 15th 3-Man tourney.

skipdogg
05-07-2002, 08:28 AM
Sweet. I was figuring the sup air would be in by then. We'll definately break it in for you :)

And yes, the field is just as safe. The netting was for building protection. The players / spectators are still safe as any paintball place.

neosmoke222
05-09-2002, 09:01 AM
buy a talon sell everything u have and buy one they have major upgrades and power

Edit and comment from Moderator - please post something constructive or just don't post - cphilip

shartley
05-09-2002, 09:04 AM
neosmoke222-
Warning... this is NOT PBN or other Forums like it. Please act accordingly. Thank you.

the JoKeR
05-09-2002, 09:55 AM
Hahahaha! I love PBN burns!