PDA

View Full Version : retro vs. auto

maverickTG001
05-06-2002, 04:05 PM
i'm getting a new mag soon and i am told by my friend that i should get the auto instead of the rt. i need some 2cd opinions. my friend says that rt mags aren't as customizable as a regular automag. i need three questions answered. what can't be customized on the rt that can be on the auto? ( if anything ) and will a retro valve go on a automag? and i like the feeling of the foregrip veryclose to the trigger frame. the retro foregrip is kinda out there compared to the auto or mini.( or atleast it looks that way on the pics ) is there a way to close the gap some between the foregrip and trigger frame?
someone plz help me out.

~maverick

Xzion
05-06-2002, 04:17 PM
Well, the automag does have a few more aftermarket parts for them than RTs do, things like body rail kits, and such, along with the ReTro Valve, which is arguably one of the best upgrades for a 'mag.

The RT PRO comes with just about everything in performance wise, it already comes with An RT valve, the best 'mag 2X frame stock (ie the Intelliframe). Since you need Nitro with the RT valves, its not really an upgrade, its pretty much a requirement. I'm not sure about the RT's Foregrip issue though.

As for the ReTro Valve, yes it will fit in an automags and minimags, and will give you the performance of an RT in the body of an automag/minimag. Since they stopped producing the Classic RT and replaced it with the RT PRO, which, along with the E-Mag, both use the ReTro Valve, but with different words on the side, and a couple very minor variations. The E-Mag, RT PRO, and E-Mag valves will all work in eachother, including the Automags and Minimags.

for example, my friend had an RT PRO valve, in a 68 Automag body, and it performed just like the ReTro Valve, seeing as theyre all the RT Valves are ReTro Valves.

Also, keep in mind theres not much in the way for either Automags/Minimags or RT/E-Mags, seeing as theres not a whole lot that needs upgrading, aside from maybe a new trigger frame, and a barrel or something of the like. most of the stuff you'll find for external mag upgrades, are all cosmetic parts, and most of the valve internal aftermarket parts, either dont do anythign at all for performance, or very little, along with potentially mess up your gun since theyre made to more lapse tolerences than the stock AGD valve parts, which have been as much as perfected as theyre going to get, so all the aftermarket are just selling hype