PDA

View Full Version : Yet another "what should I get" question

paint magnet
05-06-2002, 04:06 PM
My choices are a pf'd Minimag or a SP Impulse, w/o vision. I already have a Tippmann 98 to use as a backup, should the Impulse die or the Minimag get hit by a nuclear blast, so I wouldn't be SOL if my main gun dies. The store where I'm buying this will come down on the price if I buy a lot of stuff, so I'm keeping it under $600, but I might can get $730 worth of stuff. Here's the accessories I am going to get with each gun:
Minimag:(350)
Lapco Bigshot- 55
PB 6" d/f & an ASA- 55
32* Gas-thru foregrip- 15
Crossfire 51/3k stubby and WDP Lok Sok- 135
Dye Invision- 80
Redz Dimension 3/2- 30

Impulse:(500)
(Comes with SP Progressive barrel)
(Comes with maxflo reg& bottomline)
32* Gas-thru foregrip-15
Crossfire 51/3k stubby & WDP Lok Sok-135
Dye Invision-80
Redz Dimension 3/2-30
Dye Izon sight- 55

The only thing keeping me from a Minimag is their reputation for short stroking. Other than that, I like the size, durability, and weight. The only thing keeping me form an Impulse is that it is an electro and therefore not very durable. So, what do you suggest?

personman
05-06-2002, 04:18 PM
I would say the MM, but where are you getting those prices from? http://9375.adahost.com/prod_cat.asp?cat=7&manf=32
thats some good prices..
They dont short stroke if you are used to it..
Why get a minimag? It adds money on. I would stick with an automag, personally.. a shroud isnt worth 20+ bucks to me..

FrAuStY
05-06-2002, 04:21 PM
If it were me.. lol I'd sell your tipmann and get a minimag. LOL with a mag.. 99.999% of the time you can rest assured, that back-up will be collecting dust. If it has sentimental value, keep it.. hell maybe a friend could go play one day. (My sypder is now a loaner for people who don't have markers i.e girlfriend.. friends etc.) Its ultimately up to you. I don't like nor will I ever own an electric marker. You accidentally drop it in creek playing recball.. its dead. Besides... my mag takes showers with me when its dirty! :p

paint magnet
05-06-2002, 04:33 PM
I hate all other electros with a passion, but for some reason, I like the Impulse. Anyway, I don't plan on dropping it in a creek, but if I took the gun apart and put teflon tape in all the spaces and put it back together, it should be reasonably water resistant, right? Oh, and can I get a Minimag straight from AGD with a 1 star AIR valve, or do I have to pay extra for stars I won't use?

DOWNWITHANGELS
05-06-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by paint magnet
I hate all other electros with a passion, but for some reason, I like the Impulse. Anyway, I don't plan on dropping it in a creek, but if I took the gun apart and put teflon tape in all the spaces and put it back together, it should be reasonably water resistant, right? Oh, and can I get a Minimag straight from AGD with a 1 star AIR valve, or do I have to pay extra for stars I won't use?

So you hate e-mags with a passion?

xmetal2001
05-06-2002, 04:45 PM
With those redz dimension packs you have listed you have to buy the belt seperate(another 30)

paint magnet
05-07-2002, 08:07 PM
I don't hate the E-mag, because it has a manual mode and works when the battery dies.

MagDog68
05-07-2002, 10:43 PM
Well with the 600 dollars you are going to spend, why not buy a used E-Mag?

~Fred

MrMag
05-07-2002, 10:53 PM
just to let u know, the redz packs r $30, but u also have to buy a $30 belt

SlipknotX556
05-07-2002, 11:32 PM
Go with the MiniMag. I personally love my mag, just dont get a Custom Prosucts drop foward and try to put a warp feed on it, it will never work, thats why I cant use my warp feed. The MiniMag has one of the coolest body designs, its compact. Which is important to a front player, like myself. Even though I dont have a minimag, I am gonna purchase one of the used black hopper right bodys for 50 dollars from the AGD online store.

The mag previals over any imppy.

paint magnet
05-08-2002, 03:39 PM
I don't know of anyone who owns any kind of Mag, all the people where I live own Cockers or Angels more expensive than their cars, and I don't want to buy something used unless I can see it in person. Another reason is because If I get a $600 gun, I won't be able to buy a nitro tank or a new barrel for it.

MrAirgunRT
05-08-2002, 04:24 PM
I would sell you my RT in my sig for 700. That way you have everything you need already. Except for a mask and pack.
*Edit* Except for the Foamie Bolt. I'll give you a stock one.

paint magnet
05-10-2002, 03:58 PM
Um, how much w/o the tank and drop? Is the revvy pre BE?

irbodden
05-10-2002, 04:17 PM
Try both because Impulses are totally sweet guns!! :D

Fast, smooth and accurate- The Impusle.

MrAirgunRT
05-10-2002, 04:39 PM
600. PM me with your answer. *Edit* Forgot, yes pre BE.

paint magnet
05-11-2002, 08:41 AM
FrAusty (sorryif I spelled it wrong), your Intelliframe'd Mag takes showers with you? Wouldn't that mess something up?

WickeDKlowN
05-11-2002, 09:45 AM
im pretty sure it wouldnt mess anything up as long as it was gassed up to seal everything off. in fact i think they mentioned that in the video that comes with it.

MantisMag
05-11-2002, 09:49 AM
not at all. as long as it's aired up then water won't get into any parts that could be negatively affected by water. i clean my mag by putting it under the faucet. afterwards you just take everything apart and let it dry out. voila mag is clean. :D ya gotta love how easy it is to take care of a mag.

[NA]WARLORD
05-11-2002, 06:29 PM
Dude, get what you think will be more comfortable. I have had countless AGD guns in the past but my new Imp really rips, This is my second one. DONT BUY AN IMPULSE W/O the ANTI-VISION EYE !!!!!!! It is well worth the extra cash. And about playin with it in the rain, I used mine last weekend in a downpour, it shot flawlessly.

As for a Mag, You cant go wrong with that either as it is (IMHO) just as upgradable as a Cocker, as long as you have the cash flow. If your worried about short strokin, get the Impy, its goof proof, and you can get a trigger job on it that will make it insanely fast for under 50.00.

paint magnet
05-11-2002, 07:33 PM
From what everyone has said, Impulses seem to be pretty durable, but that's what everyone says about Tippmanns and I managed to break mine, so I dunno... Also the MM is a lot smaller and since I always run into stuff, I was thinking of making it into an all-steel "mighty mag". (PB drop (okay, it's aluminum, but it's close) Crossfire 51/3k, Lapco SS Autospirit, ANS SS Ventui bolt w/ foamie, etc)

irbodden
05-11-2002, 09:36 PM
If you broke a Tippman, you simply don't deserve anything better. Seriously-

I take it back, DONT buy an Impulse I'd hate to see someone like you with one.

paint magnet
05-12-2002, 08:20 PM
I didn't exactly break it, I made it full auto by modifying the sear just for fun and put so much wear on the rear bolt that it will not catch when shot. Basically I just wore out the rear bolt really fast. I've already replaced the sear. It might have also had something to do with me firing it and getting water in the valve, so it's not like I sawed it in half or anything; I'm not rich so I can't afford to not take care of my stuff.

paint magnet
05-18-2002, 03:05 PM
Just replaced the rear bolt on my Tippmann, and it works now. I also got a KAPP foregrip for it. I'm getting nitro soon, and I've decided (almost 99% sure) that I'm getting an Automag Classic pf hl w/ a custom d/f, duckbill ASA, SP wood grips, and a Lapco Bigshot. Thanks for the help.