PDA

View Full Version : Mako storm

Vash02
05-06-2002, 08:29 PM
I dont know if you guys know anything about this, but im thinkin about gettin the mako storm for my spyder. can you tell me if youve heard anything about it... good or bad.

thanks alot.

Vash02
05-07-2002, 07:54 AM
up

Vash02
05-07-2002, 03:48 PM
cmon someones gotta know sometin about the mako...

beam
05-07-2002, 03:56 PM
Well, all I can offer is that the Mako(boo-yah) doesn't have as good of a reputation of working on a Mag as the Centerflag hyperframe. However, spyder tolerances are not near as tight as a mag, so I bet the Mako would work great.

Ov3rmind
05-07-2002, 07:57 PM
I run the Storm on my Spyder. With a trigger stop made of eraser, and some messing with the set screw, I have gotten the pull to about 2/5 mm. Pretty short if you ask me. It isn't quite as light as most, but it still does decently. Instead of a light, smooth pull, you get an insanely short mouse clicky one. You can take off the trigger guard, and it has bottomline holes for both offset and standard. I did have to tinker with the solenoid a bit when I got it, because the plunger would only move up halfway when I shot it, but after a few short, quick adjustments, I was tearing on the trigger. The LCD is pretty nice, it has a game timer, shot counter, batterey life display, and firing mode display. It says you get about 3,000-8,000 shots off of one battery in the manual, but I have surpassed 10,000 (it may be because of the messing around I did with the solenoid. The only problem is, the battery life reads dead for about the last 8,000 shots. That's fine though, if I'm getting over 2,000 shots more than I said I would get). The grips are cheap plastic though, and crack if you screw the grip screws in too tight (only tiny cracks though, nothing too noticeable). It also has a tounrament legal switch, that disables you from selecting different modes of fire, nice thought to put that in there. Overall, I like it, and thought it was better than that ESP frame (I shot one on an AMG). Hope I was some help.

Vash02
05-08-2002, 08:15 AM
hey thanks man. that was a HUGE help. i couldnt really get anyone to tell me about the mako. it sounds like its decent enough. Once i get it, i too am going to have to mess with it a bit. If i have any problems you think you might be able to help me out?

Ov3rmind
05-08-2002, 05:56 PM
With the majority of stuff, yes, I think I could help. Good luck with it!

Major Ho
05-08-2002, 10:25 PM
so can someone tell me the difference btw all these electro frames?
http://www.paintballgear.net/paintball-gun-parts-and-upgrades-spyder-gun-upgrades-spyder-parts-spyder-trigger-frames.html
The Mako-ELCD, Spyder ESP Classic E-Frame, PB Inc. Spyder E-Frame, and the Kingman Spyder Sprint Trigger E-Frame?
I think there are a couple more on the market but this is all that PBgear has...